3. presage, presentiment, foreboding, feeling, vague feeling, Inf. funny or creepy feeling, Inf. feeling in one's bones, intuition, suspicion, Inf. sneaking suspicion, Inf. hunch; anxiety, misgiving, apprehension.
4. prediction, prognostication, forecast, prophecy, prefigurement; augury, vaticination, divination, auspice.
prognosticate, v. 1. predict, prophesy, forecast. See - predict (def. 1).
2. foreshadow, presage, portend, forebode. See - predict (def. 2). prognostication, n. prediction, prophecy, forecast. See - prediction, prognosticator, n. forecaster, predictor, prophet. See - prophet (def. 1).
program, n. 1. schedule, agenda, calendar, order of the day, protocol; docket, book, slate, listing, guide; menu, bill of fare, Fr. carte du jour; list, card, bill, scroll, rota, Inf. line-up, roster, Baseball, batting order; playbill, list of players, dramatis personae; prospectus, syllabus, curriculum, synopsis, outline; checklist, check roll, roll.
2. scheme, plan, design, project, proposition; blueprint, sketch, outline, draft, masterplan; method, system, approach, attack, procedure, way; systematization, methodization, schematization, organization.
3. performance, radio show, television show, show, play, production; drama, documentary, docudrama, situation comedy, Inf. sitcom, game show, soap opera, melodrama, cartoon show; broadcast, telecast, showing, viewing, concert, symphony, recital.
4. plank, plan, platform, political platform, creed, principles; policy, plan of action, position, course, line; position paper, campaign promises.
-v. 5. schedule, list, Inf. line up; arrange, slate, book, empanel, bill; budget, calendar, docket.
6. plan, attack, approach a problem; calculate, project, predetermine, prepare, engineer; blue-print, lay out, map out, plan out; systematize, range, frame, design, set up, work out, formulate, contrive,
progress, n. 1. furtherance, upward movement, rise, promotion, improvement in rank, preferment; move up, graduation, elevation, ascension; ascent, climb, mounting, scaling.
2. breakthrough, step forward, stride, gain, major development; discovery, finding; invention, innovation, creation, production.
3. growth, development, advance, advancement, progression, progressiveness; improvement, strengthening, amendment, betterment, upgrading, amelioration, melioration; purification, perfection; enrichment, fattening, enhancement; repairing, fixing, replacement; recovery, revival; increase, increment, addition, augmentation; enlargement, extension, expansion, spread, swell.
4. movement forward, onward movement, headway; gaining ground, pushing forward, forging ahead; moving along, going forward, pressing on, pushing ahead; inching ahead, edging along.
5. in progress going on, under way, being done, Inf in the works, taking place; happening, occurring.
-v. 6. advance, go forward, make headway, (usu. neg.) Inf. get to first base; move on or onward, march or step forward, stride ahead; proceed, continue, keep going, press or push on, persevere, strive, put one's shoulder to the wheel; get or go on, lose no ground, not let the grass grow under one's feet; gain ground, catch up, take the lead, get or go ahead, shoot or rush ahead, Inf. go full steam ahead; push forward, forge or move ahead, make way, clear the way; edge or inch along, move or go along; move upward, climb, scale, mount, ascend, rise.