accord, v. 1. agree, concur, think alike, be of one mind; admit, permit, grant, allow, approve, accept, go along with, Inf.take to, Inf.cotton to, Inf.buy; yield, comply with, abide by, assent, accede, acquiesce, side with, concede, consent; acknowledge, recognize, Archaic.agnize, subscribe to, fall in with, SI.string along with.
2. adapt, adjust, accommodate; harmonize, attune, coincide, correspond, conform to, tally with, comport with, gee with, jibe with, be in unison, chime in with; suit, fit, match, resemble, be appropriate, Brit. Dial. fadge; dovetail, square, equal, parallel.
3. grant, bestow, deign, vouchsafe; give, award, mete, bequeath, endow.
-n. 4. harmony, correspondence, congruence, coincidence, conformation, symmetry; similitude, similarity, resemblance; coherence, consistency, uniformity.
5. agreement, mutual understanding, accordance, concord, concordance, concurrence, consonance; consensus, unanimity, unison; amity, harmony, communion, sympathy, rapport.
6. of one's accord voluntarily, of one's own free will, freely, determinedly, with choice.
accordance, n.1. agreement, conformity, concurrence (See - accord, def
2. bestowal, vouchsafement, endowment; granting, giving, confering, imparting; according, furnishing,
accordant, adj.agreeing, conformable, congruous, congruent; consonant, correspondent, complementary; fit, suitable, matching, meet, proper; harmonious, compatible, adapted, consistent,
1. correspondingly, conformably; compatibly, agreeably, compliantly; consistently; in accordance, in agreement.
2. consequently, in consequence, as a result, thus, hence, and so, in due course, Obs.thereafter; therefore, thence, so; then, in that case, in which case, in that event; that being the case, that being so, under the circumstances; as it is, as matters stand, Inf.as things stand,
according to, 1. in accordance with, in accord with, accordingly; after the manner of, in keeping with, in line with, in step with.
2. consistent with, conformably to, conformable to, agreeably to; in conformity with, in compliance with, in agreement with, in harmony with; in correspondence to, correspondingly.
3. on the authority of, in the light of; as stated by; as maintained by, as believed by.
4. in proportion to orwith, proportionately; commensurate with, commensurately, commensurable with, commensurably; proper to, suitable for.
5. contingent, contingent on, dependent, dependent on, depending on, hanging on, hinging on, revolving on; based on; depending on circumstances.
accost, v. 1. assail, confront boldly, attack; assault, set upon, aggress, waylay; charge, storm, invade; bother, trouble, annoy, harass, molest, harry, bully; badger, nag, pester, pursue, importune; encounter, meet, face, meet face to face, front, affront, come face to face with; call to, appeal to, invoke.
2. approach, edge orsidle up to, draw near, near; overtake, meet up with, catch up to, Inf.nab; buttonhole, SI. bend [s.o.'s] ear; address, say to, speak to, apostrophize; talk to, converse with; greet, salute, hail, welcome, bid or say hello, bid good day.
3. (all usu. of prostitutes, procurers, etc.)
solicit, propose, suggest; lure, allure, tempt, sway, lead astray, obtain.