4. glowing, burning, smoldering; alight, aflame, flaming, inflamed, ignited, igneous, fiery, blazing, ablaze, afire; aglow, incandescent, candent, white-hot, red-hot.
5. vivid, bright, bright-colored, colorful, chromatic; gay, deep, gorgeous, rich; florid, showy, garish, flashy.
6. resilient, elastic, rebounding, recoiling; buoyant, bouncy, springy; tensile, ductile; yielding, rubbery.
7. loaded, combustible, explodable, explosive, ex-plosible, unexploded, fulminant.
8. still in use, current, latest, up-to-date, active, in the air, at hand, at issue; happening, going on, in the wind; prevailing, prevalent, in question; controversial, debatable, doubtful, moot, unsettled, lively, touchy, SI. hot, SI. hairy.
livelihood, n. 1. maintenance, living, subsistence, keep, upkeep, support, sustenance, sustainment, sustentation, necessaries, provision; board and lodging, room and board; nourishment, nurture, nutriment, aliment, rations, fare, diet, regimen, grubstake. 2. occupation, profession, career, vocation, metier, line of work, employment, job, trade, craft, business; capacity, office, function, position, walk of life, incumbency; venture, undertaking, activity, enterprise; specialty, specialization, forte, Inf. racket,
liveliness, n. 1. vivacity, sprightliness, animation; dynamism, energy; briskness, vitality, alacrity, nimbleness, agility, quickness, pertness; spark, fire, warmth, dash, dlan, spirit, spiritedness; fervor, ardor, zeal, intensity, eagerness, enthusiasm, sanguineness; speed, celerity, promptitude; airiness, buoyancy, effervescence; sparkle, brilliance, glow.
2. gaiety, merriment, jollity; exultation, exhilaration, ecstasy; glee, mirth, joviality; pleasantry, felicity, blithesomeness; fun, sport, sportiveness, playfulness; amusement, celebration, jollification, merrymaking, festivity, jubilee; boisterousness, revelry, heyday,
livelong, adj. (of time) whole, entire, total, full, lifelong; solid, complete; undivided, unbroken; dragged-out, drawn-out, long-drawn, long-drawn-out.
lively, adj. 1. alive, full of life, active, vigorous; brisk, frisky, sprightly, spry, nimble, agile, quick, pert, Dial, peart, yare, Scot. and North Eng. crouse; dynamic, animated, spirited, go-go, mettlesome; vivacious, gay, jocund, breezy, buoyant, sanguine, effervescent; Inf. peppy, Inf. chipper, Inf. snappy, Inf. up-to-date, SI. jazzy, swinging; fervent, ardent, eager, intense, enthusiastic; excited, heated, hearty, zealous.
2. eventful, memorable, notable, noteworthy, remarkable, consequential; stirring, stimulating, exciting, interesting, captivating, fascinating, entertaining, curious; striking, effective, powerful, distinctive, momentous, weighty, important, critical, salient.
3. strong, keen, sharp, powerful; distinct, distinctive, clear, manifest, well-defined, palpable, recognizable; explicit, pointed, graphic, visible, trenchant, forcible.
4. vivid, bright, bright-colored, colorful, chromatic; gay, deep, gorgeous, glowing brilliant, rich; florid, showy, garish, flashy.
5. fresh, invigorating, energizing, animating, bracing; restorative, Med. analeptic, healthful, salubrious, wholesome.
6. resilient, elastic. See - live (def. 6).
7. astir, bustling, busy, restless; teeming, swarming, abounding, overflowing, thronged; fraught, full, rife, replete.
liven, v. 1. Often
liven up put life into, animate, activate, motivate, move, rouse, waken; incite, stimulate, arouse, rouse up; fire, fire up, kindle, enkindle, stir, stir up, goad, spur on, prod; boost, promote, prompt, Inf. spark, Inf. sparkplug, instigate, foment, excite, work up.