talize, revivify, revive; animate, vivify, energize, SI. give a shot in the arm to, invigorate, give new life to; exhilarate, uplift, elate.
heartfelt, adj. deep-felt, strongly or keenly felt, Archaic. homefelt, profound, deep; warm, hearty, cordial, friendly; glad, eager, responsive, enthusiastic; earnest, sincere, serious, genuine, Inf. for real; wholehearted, devoted, dedicated, committed; ardent, fervent, fervid, perfervid, zealous, passionate, impassioned, intense.
hearth, n. 1. fireside, fireplace, fire, hearthside, hearthstone, chimney corner, Brit. Dial, ingle, Brit. Dial, ingleside, Chiefly Brit, inglenook or ingle nook. 2. home, home sweet home, homestead, hearth and home, hearthstead, household, family, family circle, domestic circle, bosom of one's family, seat of one's affections, Inf. place where one hangs his hat, home life, family life, domestic life.
heartily, adv. 1. affectionately, warmly, cordially, genially, with open arms; amicably, amiably, affably, congenially; pleasantly, favorably, agreeably.
2. sincerely, feelingly, genuinely, from the bottom of one's heart, deeply, profoundly.
3. avidly, ardently, zealously, fervently, perfervidly; eagerly, earnestly, willingly, gladly; vehemently, heatedly, passionately.
4. enthusiastically, zestfully, vibrantly, fitfully; exuberantly, ebulliently, spiritedly, animatedly, with zest, with gusto; vigorously, energetically, forcefully, keenly; lustily, vivaciously, hardily.
heartless, adj. unfeeling, unsympathetic, unkind, insensitive, uncaring; unmoved, untouched, impervious, passionless; harsh, cruel, savage, cold-blooded; merciless, pitiless, ruthless, hard-hearted, cold-hearted; implacable, remorseless, inexorable, relentless; insensible, hardened, cold, frigid, stern.
heartrending, adj. distressing, heavy, heartbreaking, depressing, disheartening; agonizing, excruciating, afflictive, painful, aching; poignant, sharp, bitter, biting, burning; sad, dolorous, lamentable, grievous, tragic, rueful; affecting, tear-jerking, pathetic, pitiful.
heartsick, adj. dejected, depressed, disheartened, dispirited, downcast, heartbroken. See heartbroken.
heartwarming, adj. 1. warming, moving, touching, affecting; cheering, gladdening, cheerful, glad; inspiring, encouraging, heartening, inspiriting, uplifting.
2. gratifying, satisfying, rewarding, contenting; comforting, pleasing, pleasurable, enjoyable, agreeable.
hearty, adj. 1. affectionate, warm-hearted, cordial, warm, genial; jovial, amiable, amicable, affable, congenial; friendly, neighborly, folksy, hospitable, back-slapping.
2. genuine, sincere, authentic, unfeigned; heartfelt, wholehearted, deep, deepest, profound, well-meant, well-meaning.
3. zealous, avid, ardent, fervent, perfervid; eager, willing, ready, glad, earnest; passionate, heated, vehement, devout.
4. exuberant, unrestrained, irrepressible; enthusiastic, zestful, lively, spirited, animated, fitful; gushing, ebullient, buoyant, bouncy.
5. vigorous, lusty, stalwart, virile, hardy, mettlesome; hale, robust, healthy, sound, in fine fettle; sturdy, rugged, tough, stout.
6. substantial, solid, abundant, ample, sizable, goodly; nourishing, filling, nutritious, gustable.
heat, n. 1. hotness, calefaction, warmth, warmness, caloric, caloricity; torridity, torridness, fieriness, red heat; incandescence, white heat; tepidity, tepidness, lukewarmness, lukewarmth.