seemly, indecorous, unbefitting; unscholarly, unacademic; unfitting, unworthy; unethical, unprincipled, transgressive, unfaithful, dutiless; uncanonical, negligent, neglectful, lax, noncompliant, disobedient.
2. amateurish, unbusinesslike, untrained, untutored, unaccomplished, unschooled, unskilled; inexperienced, unpracticed, unseasoned, unconversant; incompetent, bungling, sloppy, careless, unmeticulous, ungraceful; second-rate, inferior, bush-league, SI. bush, poor, a poor excuse for, shoddy.
unpromising, adj. unfavorable, unpropitious, inauspicious, sinister; dark, dim, black, gloomy, dreary; dire, threatening, ominous, minacious, menacing; discouraging, not encouraging, adverse, infelicitous; ill-boding, ill-starred, fateful, bodeful, portentous; bad, evil, lowering, looming, Archaic, untoward, baleful; hopeless, not likely, unlikely, dubitable, doubtful, SI. fat chance.
unprompted, adj. 1. spontaneous, snap, offhand; unasked, unsought, unbidden, unsolicited; volunteer, free, gratuitous, uninvited, offered, proffered; voluntary, freely given, unforced, uncompelled, uncoerced; willing, Archaic, willful, self-determined, self-acting, independent.
2. impulsive, natural, unpremeditated, unthinking, unwitting; unstudied, involuntary, instinctive, unconscious.
unprotected, adj. vulnerable, pregnable, defenseless, unfortified, unshielded, open; unsheltered, undefended, unmanned, insecure, open to attack, attackable, assailable; unguarded, unarmed, weaponless; exposed, naked, bare, unflanked, uncovered; aidless, helpless, unattended, unwatched, guardless; surmountable, conquerable, vincible, weak, expugnable, Inf. beatable; unscreened, unfenced, ungarrisoned; nonimmune, susceptible, unvaccinated, liable; uninsured, unguaranteed.
unqualified, adj. 1. unfit, incompetent, unsuited, inadequate; ineligible, 4-F, ill-fitted, incapable, unable; ill-qualified, unequipped, not up to, Inf. not cut out for, not equal to; unready, unprepared, unadapted.
2. unmitigated, unrestricted, unconditioned, unlimited, without reservation; unconditional, uncircumscribed, categorical, unreserved, without strings, no strings attached; unmodified, unbounded, full, across-the-board, blanket.
3. complete, absolute, utter, thorough, downright, out-and-out, pure and simple; outright, perfect, consummate, Dial, flat-out; clear, unequivocal, unmistakable, positive, definitive, the; pure, sheer, Inf. plumb, wholesale, through and through.
unquestionable, adj. 1. indisputable, undeniable, indubitable, irrefutable, unconfutable; uncontestable, incontrovertible, irrefragable, inappealable, unrefutable; certain, sure, beyond all question, beyond a shadow of a doubt, admitting of no dispute; clear, manifest, patent, evident, self-evident, unmistakable, obvious; conclusive, definitive, authoritative, positive, absolute, definite, decided; doubtless, questionless, undisputed, unchallenged, undoubted, uncontroverted, real.
2. unexeptionable, unobjectionable, unimpeachable, unassailable, unattackable, unimpugnable; irreproachable, irreprehensible, irreprovable, above reproach, above criticism; impeccable, faultless, flawless, spotless, ideal, errorless; uncensurable, unblamable, unblameworthy, blameless.
unravel, v. 1. disentangle, untangle, unweave, unroll, uncurl, undo; unsnarl, untwist, untwine, disen-twine; separate, comb out, card, part, unscramble, straighten out; untie, unbind, uncoil, unwind, unfurl, unknot.