unreal, adj. 1. imaginary, fanciful, fantastic, fabulous; illusory, delusory, deceptive, deceiving; visionary, chimerical, unactual, unsubstantial, airy; phantasmal, phantasmagorical, spectral; imagined, fancied, all in the mind, figmental, dreamy, dreamlike, with one's head in the clouds; immaterial, nonexistent, unrealistic, incorporeal, intangible.
2. sham, fake, false, ungenuine, spurious, artificial, suppositious, fictitious; unauthentic, counterfeit, SI. phony, mock, pseudo, make-believe; seeming, ostensible, misleading, fallacious, fraudulent; bastard, dummy, ersatz, factitious, assumed, pretended.
3. Slang, wonderful, marvelous, terrific, great, excellent; fine, SI. neat, SI. swell, fantastic, really good.
unrealistic, adj. 1. impractical, infeasible, impracticable, unworkable, undoable; unreasonable, irrational, illogical, half-baked, SI. half-assed; academic, theoretical, speculative, hypothetical, abstract; ivory-towerish, ivory-towered, idealistic, visionary, romantic, sentimental, starry-eyed; quixotic, fanciful, chimerical, imaginary, dream-world, illusory, delusory; improbable, unlikely, fantastic, wild, absurd, crazy, crackpot, Inf. off the wall; silly, foolish, asinine, stupid, dumb.
2. unlifelike, unreal, nonrealistic, unauthentic, unauthentical, nonauthentic, nonauthentical, ungenuine, nongenuine, unnatural, nonnatural, unnatural-istic, nonnaturalistic; fictitious, fictional, made-up, storybook, movie, TV.
unreasonable, adj. 1. irrational, senseless, illogical, without reason, without rhyme or reason; foolish, silly, childish, unintelligent; unwise, unsensible, unreflective, witless, mindless, thoughtless; insensate, reckless, injudicious, indiscreet, imprudent; shortsighted, myopic, undiscerning, unperceiving; moronic, idiotic, SI. dumb, stupid, fatuous; crazy, mad, brainless, imbecilic, SI. dippy, SI. batty, SI. balmy, SI. wacky, SI. goofy.
2. arbitrary, temperamental, whimsical, capricious, notional, fanciful; harebrained, quirky, moody; discretionary, willful, nonrational, self-willed; inconsistent, erratic, crotchety, bumptious.
3. preposterous, absurd, ludicrous, ridiculous, nonsensical; meaningless, unscientific, sophistical, unsound; fallacious, groundless, invalid, fallible; unthinkable, inconceivable, out of the question, impossible; incredible, unbelievable, implausible, untenable; doubtable, doubtful, dubitable, questionable.
4. excessive, immoderate, exorbitant, extravagant, SI. all outdoors; undue, extortionate, unconscionable, unfair, unjust, overpriced; overmuch, uncalled-for, outrageous, inordinate; prohibitive, out of bounds, out of sight.
unrefined, adj. 1. unpurified, coarse, crude, raw, unfinished, unpolished.
2. uncultured, vulgar, unsophisticated, inelegant. See - unpolished (defs. 1, 2).
unregenerate, adj. 1. unrenewed, not born again, unsaved; unconverted, unconvinced, unpersuaded; godless, ungodly, irreligious, nonbelieving, unbelieving, disbelieving, atheistic; infidelic, infidel, heathenish, heathen, paganistic, pagan; antireligious, antichristian, impious, irreverent, sacrilegious, blasphemous, profane. See - unrepentant.
2. persistent, dogged, unrelenting; adamant, adamantine, obdurate, stubborn, unyielding, unbending, inflexible, like a stone wall; obstinate, mulish, diehard.