cence; vigor, vim, It. brio, Inf. pep, vitality, energy; exuberance, enthusiasm, zeal, fervor, passion, intensity.
6. soul, animating principle, vital spirit, pneuma, breath of life, anima; universal life force, world spirit, life force, klan vital, Yoga, kundalini; moving force, dynamic force, lifeblood, Inf. sparkplug.
7. pungency, flavor, spark, Inf. punch, Inf. kick; freshness, vigor, vigorousness, dynamism; invigora-tion, enlivenment, vivification, exhilaration.
8. lifestyle, way of life, Sl. thing, Sl. bag; walk of life, field, province, sphere, position, situation; occupation, business, line, career.
9. passion, obsession, preoccupation, Sl. hang-up, infatuation; loved one, beloved, favorite, idol.
10. resilience, elasticity, spring, springiness, bounce; plasticity, ductility, malleability.
11. biography, autobiography; diary, journal, confessions, letters.
life-and-death, adj. vital, of vital importance, life-or-death; crucial, critical, momentous, important, significant, top-priority; conclusive, decisive, final, determinate; all-out, down-to-the-wire; essential, necessary, indispensable; fundamental, basic, focal, central, pivotal.
lifeblood, n. inspiration, stimulus, incitement; animating forces or power, inspiriting force or power, vital energy, vital spark; vivifier, animus, raison d'etre; heart, guts, life; moving or driving force, Inf. sparkplug, inspirer; essence, Latin, sine qua non, fundamental, basic; blood, ichor,
life-giving, adj. vitalizing, vivifying, animating, enlivening, energizing; invigorating, exhilarating, stimulating, quickening; encouraging, inspiriting, heartening, exciting; generative, productive, creative,
lifeless, adj. 1. inanimate, abiotic, inorganic, min
2. barren, bare, denuded, treeless; arid, desert, Saharan, parched, sterile; desolate, waste, wild, bleak, stark, dreary; empty, uninhabited, unoccupied, abandoned, deserted; uncultivated, unproductive, unfruc-tuous, unprofitable.
3. dead, deceased, defunct, departed, demised; gone, dead and gone, late, done for, Both Euph. sleeping, reposing; All Sl. stone dead, stone cold dead in the market, dead as a doornail, dead as mutton.
4. examinate, spiritless, torpid, sluggish, Inf dopey, lethargic, phlegmatic; drained, enervated, exhausted, debilitated, worn out, effete, like a ragdoll, like a dish-rag; inactive, passive, unanimated, inert, unmoving, immobile, deadpan, expressionless, wooden, inflexible, rigid.
5. disheartened, discouraged, dejected, sad, down-in-the-mouth, blue, Inf. in a funk, Inf. in a blue funk, Inf. suffering the mulligrubs, out-of-sorts; grim, stiff, humorless, unsmiling.
6. tiresome, boring, uninspiring, tedious, dull, meaningless, uninteresting, Sl. blah, vapid; mopey, mopish, listless, droopy, glum; flat, stale, hollow; colorless, wishy-washy, wan, pallid, pale, ashen; insipid, jejune.
7. insensate, insensible, impassive, in a faint, in a swoon; comatose, corpse-like; dead to the world, far away; knocked out, blacked out, Inf. out like a light, Inf. hearing the birdies sing, in dreamland.
lifelike, adj. true-to-life, animated, realistic, speak