save2, prep., conj. but, except, excepting, except for, with the exception of, saving, Inf. outside of; less, minus, leaving out, omitting, barring, not counting, discounting.
saving, adj. 1. rescuing, delivering, freeing, releasing, liberating.
2. protective, protecting, safeguarding; preservative, preserving, maintaining, sustaining, upholding, conservative; restorative.
3. compensating, reparatory, reparative, restitutory; redeeming, redemptory.
4. thrifty, economical, provident, prudent, frugal, careful, sparing, penny-wise, Inf. tight.
-n. 5. economy, thrift, thriftiness, frugality, providence, prudence; conservation, husbandry, management; economizing, scrimping, scraping.
6. reduction, price reduction, price-cut, cut, discount, deduction, Inf. rollback; rebate, refund, SI. kickback.
7. reserve, reservoir, supply, stockpile, cache, something to fall back on; card up one's sleeve, SI. ace in the hole.
8. savings capital, assets, funds, finances, resources, reserves, means, wherewithal; nest egg, reserve fund, mad money; kitty, pool, pot.
-prep., conj. 9. save. See - save2, savior, n. 1. messiah, (in Muslim usage) Mahdi, redeemer, deliverer; liberator, freer, emancipator, man-umitter; champion, knight in shining armor, knight errant; lifesaver.
2. the Savior Jesus Christ, Our Lord, Son of God, Son of man, Lamb of God, King of Kings, Immanuel, Prince of Peace, the Good Shepherd,
savoir-faire, n. sophistication, worldliness, savoir-vivre, SI. savvy; culture, cultivation, refinement, polish; finesse, adaptability, skill, adroitness, ability; grace, style, poise; graciousness, mannerliness, manners, good manners, breeding, comity, gentility, social grace; suavity, suaveness, urbanity, smoothness; tact, tactfulness, diplomacy, prudence; discernment, perceptiveness.
savor, n. 1. relish, smack, zest, spice, tang, sapidity, piquancy, taste, flavor; odor, scent, fragrance, smell, aroma, attar, perfume, sachet; redolence, pungency, odoriferousness, bouquet, incense; trail, trace, breath.
2. essence, spirit, soul, nature; aspect, property, characteristic; touch, vein, tone, complexion, color.
3. attraction, magnetism, draw, drawing power; enticement, inducement, fascination, allurement, lure; charm, enchantment, bewitchment; stimulation, excitement, ravishment.
-v. 4. enjoy fully, enjoy to the hilt, relish, SI. dig, SI. get a kick out of; take pleasure in, be pleased with, take satisfaction in, derive pleasure from; revel in, riot in, SI. groove on; luxuriate in, bask in, indulge in, swim or wallow in; feast on, gloat over, Inf. smack one's lips over, SI. lick one's chops over, eat up; like, love, care for, delight in, rejoice in; appreciate, value, cherish, treasure, prize.