or soft target, Inf. sucker, Inf. cinch, SI. patsy, U.S. SI. fall guy, SI. softie, SI. soft touch, SI. pushover; victim, pawn, puppet, tool, instrument, cat's-paw, creature, minion, dummy, SI. stooge.
-v. 5. amuse onself, have fun, while away time, play, disport; frolic, frisk, gambol, skip, trip, dance about, jump about, romp, rollick, lark; cavort, caper, cut capers, curvet; have a good time or a good old time, make merry, revel, carouse, wassail, roister, whoop it up, Inf make whoopee.
6. dally, trifle, toy, treat lightly, make light with; potter, putter, smatter, tinker, fiddle, tamper with, Inf. fool with; play upon, take advantage of.
7. clown, clown around, play the clown; horse around, fool around, kid around, Inf. cut up; joke, jest, fool, tease, Inf. josh, Inf kid, Inf. put [s.o.] on, Inf. pull [s.o.'s] leg; banter, chaff, poke fun at, rally, twit; taunt, jeer, gibe, mock, ridicule, make fun of, laugh at; satirize, lampoon, parody, caricature, travesty, burlesque, Inf. roast; scoff at, fleer, scout, flout, deride, disparage.
8. Informal, show off, show, display, exhibit, wear, sportive, adj. 1. playful, gamesome, (in musical
directions) scherzando; frolicsome, full of fun, fun-loving; spirited, high-spirited, frisky, coltish, skittish, Inf. full of beans, Inf. feeling one's oats; kittenish, romping; sprightly, lively, jaunty, debonair; sparkling, buoyant, light-hearted, airy, blithe, blithesome, whimsical; merry, gay, sunny, riant, cheerful, gleeful, jocular, jocose, jovial; jesting, joking, full of mischief, mischievous, scampish, devilish, impish, elfish; waggish, prankish, tricksy.
2. athletic, gymnastic, acrobatic, Gk. Antiq. agonistic, Gk. Antiq. palaestral. sportsmanship, n. 1. skillfullness, expertness, mastership, mastery, proficiency; dexterity, dexterousness, adroitness, nimbleness, facility, ability.
2. fair play, honesty, justice, fairness; scrupulosity, probity, rectitude, uprightness, integrity, self-control, honorableness; courtesy, politeness, good will, spot, n. 1. mark, dot, point, speck, speckle, fleck, flyspeck, mote, moit, particle; dab, daub, maculation, smudge, smirch, smutch, blur; defect, fault, defacement, disfigurement; patch, blotch, splotch, dapple, mottle, discoloration, birthmark, nevus; blemish, blot, flaw, taint, stain, tarnish, stigma, brand.
2. pimple, pustule, papule, papilla, boil, blain, wen, whelk, Archaic, botch; pock, pockmark, pit, whitehead, blackhead, SI. zit.
3. place, location, position, niche; site, locality, locale; scene, scene of the crime, setting, Law. venue; bearings, latitude and longitude; region, area, section, quarter, zone, neighborhood.
4. on the spot without delay, quickly, posthaste, before one can say “Jack Robinson,” in a flash; straightway, immediately, at once, instantly, this instant, right now, right away.
-v. 5. stain, dirty, soil, muddy, sully, dab, daub, blot, smudge, smutch; sprinkle, spray, sparge, splash, spatter, Inf. slop up; bedraggle, begrime, besmear, smear, smirch, besmirch, defile, foul, befoul; mar, injure, damage, blemish, tarnish, blacken, taint, stigmatize, brand.
6. mark, dot, speckle, speck, fleck; dapple, mottle, diversify, variegate, color; strew, bestrew, stud.
7. Informal, detect, descry, espy, observe, spy, see, discern, make out; recognize, identify.
8. place, situate, lay, set down, set, station, position, locate; settle, fix, plant, establish, install; stand, rest, seat.