relate, v. 1. tell, repeat, recite, recount, rehearse; describe, detail, delineate, particularize, tell about, convey knowledge of, apprise [s.o.] of; narrate, give an account of, set forth, represent, put into words, make known; communicate, mention, announce, divulge, vent, air, broadcast, give news of, disseminate, let fall; tell a story, impart, SI. spiel off; say, speak, utter, give words or expression to, emit, pour forth, present; articulate, enunciate, verbalize, give voice to, pronounce, phrase, express; summarize, sum up, recapitulate, Inf. recap.
2. connect, associate, ally, link, wed, marry, bind, tie, couple, link with; connect with, be linked with, be associated with, be joined with, be united with.
3. respect, regard, refer to, apply to, belong to, have to do with; pertain to, appertain to, bear upon, have a bearing on, have connection with, SI. tie in with; touch, affect, concern, involve, bring into relation with.
4. relate to identify with, empathize, sympathize; respond, react, understand, comprehend, grasp, assimilate, be in tune with, SI. be hip to, SI. be into, SI. dig, SI. be turned on to; deal with, draw a parallel, compare with; assimilate, project oneself into, experience vicariously, put oneself into another's place or shoes, Inf. tune in.
related, adj. 1. associated, associative, associate, in association, companionate, fellow, affiliated; correlative, correlated, interrelated, interconnected, interdependent, reciprocal, mutual, Archaic, commutual, shared, in common; concomitant, concurrent, attendant, accompanying, accessory, complementary; appended, appendant, adjunctive, adjunct, annexed; auxiliary, ancillary, subsidiary, subordinate.
2. connected, joined, attached, bound, bonded, tied, spliced, lashed, taped; linked, chained, coupled, yoked; coherent, cohered, fused, welded, soldered, glued, cemented, sealed; relative, relevant, germane, applicable, pertinent, appurtenant, to the point; apposite, apt, appropriate, apropos, fitting, meet, suitable.
3. allied, in alliance, united, in union, combined, conjoined, conjoint, joint, in conjunction; coalescent, coalesced, coalitional, leagued, in league, fraternal; amalgamated, federate, federated, confederate, confederated, incorporated, syndicated.
4. kindred, akin, kin, consanguineous, consanguine, agnate, cognate, sib, of the same parentage or heritage, having similar roots, of similar descent, Gram. paronymous; affinitive, affinal, affined, similar, re-semblant, alike, like; comparable, analogous, parallel, corresponding, equivalent, in the same category or league; married, wedded, mated, matched, coupled, paired, SI. hitched.
5. narrated, recited, read; recounted, reported, detailed, delineated, chronicled; told, said, uttered; revealed, divulged, disclosed.
relation, n. 1. connection, tie, link, bond, union, liaison; association, relationship, connectedness, relatedness; affiliation, alliance, accord; rapport, affinity, sympathy; interconnection, interdependence, concatenation; dependency, contingency, relativity; similarity, similitude, closeness, nearness, propinquity, approximation, proximation.
2. relations a. intercourse, dealings, Inf. doings, affairs, proceedings, Inf. truck; state of affairs, state of things, conditions,
b. sexual intercourse, sex, coitus, coition, copulation, venery; lovemaking, act of love, marriage act; carnal knowledge, sleeping together, cohabitation.