designer, n. 1. creator, inventor, deviser, artificer, fashioner, craftsman, artist; founder, originator, author, producer; architect, draftsman, drawer, delineator, sketcher, pattern maker; styler, decorator; molder, sculptor, carver; engraver, chaser, painter, limner, illustrator, cartoonist, caricaturist.
2. schemer, intriguer, machinator, conspirator, con-niver, plotter, planner, contriver. designing, adj. 1. scheming, calculating, intriguing, conspiring, plotting, conniving; guileful, doubledealing, tricky, wily; sharp, shrewd, politic, artful, crafty, Machiavellian, cunning, sly, snaky, foxy; subtle, insidious, collusive, circumventive, prevaricative; stealthy, treacherous, feline; deceptive, dishonest, underhanded, untrustworthy, crooked; deceitful, insincere, disingenuous, false, mendacious, untruthful.
2. provident, cautious, prudent, careful, heedful, mindful. desirable, adj. 1. agreeable, pleasing, attractive, inviting, charming, winning, taking, captivating; admirable, estimable, valuable, worthy; excellent, superior, superb, fine, goodly; first-rate, first-class, prime; popular, in demand, eligible.
2. advisable, recommendable; fitting, proper, meet, seemly; expedient, profitable, remunerative, gainful, advantageous, beneficial. desire, v. 1. wish for, long for, desiderate, want; yearn for, hope for, care for, pine for, sigh for; hanker after, have a yen for, covet, fancy, have a fancy for; have an eye to, be attracted to, have a mind to, have at heart, be bent upon; be inclined towards, be prone to, be predisposed towards, prefer; aspire to, emulate, set one's heart on; crave, hunger, thirst, relish; lust after, burn for, Inf. be wild or mad about, SI. have the hots for, Inf letch after; eye, eyeball.
2. ask for, request, summon, solicit, importune; petition, entreat, urge, plead; beseech, beg, implore, supplicate, adjure; endeavor to obtain, appeal for, apply to; requisition, order, demand, require.
-n. 3. longing, wish, wishing, desirieration, want, wanting; yearning, hope, hoping, pining, sighing, hankering, Inf. yen, SI. itch, fondness, liking; attraction, aspiration, emulation, ambition; inclination, predilection, preference, propensity, proclivity; predisposal, predisposedness, bent, leaning, disposition; fancy, fancying, coveting, covetousness, eagerness, ardor, craving; appetency, appetite, hunger, thirst, ravenousness; relish, rapaciousness, voracity, voraciousness; avidity, greed, greediness, cupidity, avarice, graspingness; frenzy, mania, craze, rage.
4. request, solicitation, importunity; petition, entreaty, adjuration, urge, urging; pleading, beseeching, beseechingness, begging, imploring, imploringness, imploration; supplication, prayer, appeal; application, requisition, demand, call, summons, order, requirement.
5. lust, lustfulness, concupiscence, libido, sexual appetite or urge, aphrodisia; lewdness, bawdiness, Archaic. bawdry, wantonness; lasciviousness, salaciousness, salacity, lubricity, libidinousness; carnal passion, prurience, pruriency, Pathol, satyriasis, Pathol, nymphomania; lechery, lecherousness, SI. letch, SI. the hots, burning; (all of animals) heat, rut, estrus; eroticism, erotism, sensuality, sexuality. desired, adj. 1. yearned for, longed for, pined for, wished for, hoped for; aspired, emulated; coveted, hankered after, fancied, envied, craved, lusted after.
2. correct, proper, precise, exact, accurate, right, true; specific, particular, express; required, necessary, appropriate, characteristic, individual; selected, chosen, picked, preferred, decided upon.