2. foreign, alien, peregrine; tramontane, ultramontane, transalpine; ultramarine, transmarine, transatlantic, transpacific.
3. irrelevant, impertinent, inappropriate, inapt, inapposite, unrelated, unassociated, disassociated, unconnected; extraneous, extrinsic, external, adventitious, ulterior, outside.
4. unlikely, improbable, questionable; inconsiderable, hardly any, not much, not enough to speak of, insignificant.
5. aloof, indifferent, apathetic, unconcerned, disinterested, incurious; detached, uninvolved, distant, unapproachable, unsociable, stand-offish, Inf. offish; above all that, cool, haughty, Inf. high-hat, icy, frigid. removal, n. 1. taking off, shedding, casting off, throwing off, dropping; throwing overboard, jettison; divestiture, stripping, uncovering, exposing, baring; undressing, unclothing, undraping, disrobing; exfoliation, Pathol, desquamation, peeling off, flaking.
2. disengagement, disentanglement, disburdenment, dissociation, disconnection, unattachment, extrication; disuniting, unbinding, unfastening, untying, undoing, unchaining; detaching, disjoining, uncoupling, loosening, unloosening; dismantling, stripping, tearing off.
3. subtraction, deduction, withdrawal, abstraction, Rare, prescission; taking away, rebating, drawing away; lessening, diminishing, shortening, curtailment; excision, cutting off, lopping off, chopping off, cutting out or away, Surg. ablation; amputation, Surg. resection, truncation, detruncation, obtruncation.
4. uprooting, unrooting, pulling out by the roots, pulling up, plucking up, rooting out, deracination; pulling out, drawing out, taking out, raising up or out, extraction; unearthing, excavation, digging up or out, grubbing up or out; weeding out, raking out; drawing forth, bringing out, evocation, education, elicitation.
5. erasure, erasion, cancellation, rubbing out, scrubbing out, scratching out; washing out, sponging out, purging, deterging; deletion, Print, dele, editing, editing out; crossing out, blacking out.
6. eradication, extirpation, extermination, annihilation; expunction, obliteration, extinguishment, extinction, effacement, abolition, abolishment; blotting out, striking out, stamping out, crushing out, wiping out.
7. killing, killing off, slaying, slaughter, execution, destruction; murder, finishing off, SI. doing in, SI. zapping, disposing of; assassination, sacrifice, getting rid of, mowing down, putting out of the way, doing away with; massacre, liquidation, decimation.
8. nullification, neutralization, counterpoise, counterbalance, counteraction; offsetting, obviation, prevention, prohibition, deterrent, deterrence, preclusion; cancellation, discharge, negation, invalidation, Logic. sublation, disaffirmation.
9. transfer, transferal, transference, transportation, displacement, dislocation, transplantation; translocation, relocation, transshipment, evacuation; seclusion, retreat, retirement.
More Synonyms ...