3. exchange, change, give in exchange, turn in, cash in, trade in, collect on.
4. regenerate, reform, set straight, Inf. get on the straight and narrow; turn from sin, convert, restore, reinstate, rehabilitate; absolve, purge, shrive; intercede for, mediate on behalf of.
5. discharge, make good, be as good as one's word, acquit, satisfy; keep, hold to, obey, adhere to, abide by; see through, be faithful to, keep faith with, meet, perform, carry out, dispatch, execute; complete, realize, consummate, accomplish.
6. recompense, requite, propitiate, compensate; offset, expiate, atone for, make amends for, redress, make restitution, settle.
redeemable, adj. exchangeable, good for, worth something; retrievable, restorable, extricable; correctable, curable, improvable, amendable; corrigible, rescuable, salvageable, worth saving,
redeemer, n. 1. ransomer, emancipator, liberator, rescuer, deliverer, freer, manumitter, savior.
2. Redeemer Savior, Our Lord, Jesus Christ. See - Jesus (def. 1).
redemption, n. 1. repurchase, recovery by payment, restitution, restoration, reinstatement, reestablishment.
2. paying in full, paying off, Inf. burning the mortgage.
3. compensation, conciliation, propitiation, expiation, atonement, reparation, amends.
4. retrieval, saving, freeing; liberation, deliverance, emancipation, rescue; release, reprieve, escape.
5. rehabilitation, regeneration, reformation, salvation, rebirth, reconstitution, reclamation, conversion, Inf. comeback.
red-handed, adv. in the act, in the very act, Latin, in flagrante delicto, Law. flagrante delicto, with one's hand in the till, with one's hand in the cookie jar, with one's finger in the pie, SI. with one's pants down, SI. dead to rights; at the scene of the crime,
red-hot, adj. 1. burning, scorching, blistering, sizzling; white-hot; molten.
2. fiery, hot, hot-blooded, impassioned, heated, inflamed, feverish, febrile, flushed; passionate, vehement, fervid, fervent, zealous, intense, ardent; fanatic, perfervid, totally committed, hard-core; excited, anxious, agog, all agog, all hopped-up, SI. psyched or psyched-up; enthusiastic, eager, avid, keen, SI. gung-ho.
3. mad, Inf. raving mad, Inf. stark-raving mad, rabid, foaming or frothing at the mouth; raging, raving, frenzied, frenetic, frantic, wild-eyed, blue in the face; furious, violent, wild, infuriate, ferocious, maniacal, Inf. hog-wild; hysterical, distracted, carried-away, beside oneself, like one possessed; berserk, amuck, running amuck.
4. brand-new, newest, latest, most-recent, up-to-the-minute; hot off the presses.
redolence, n. fragrance, aroma, perfume, essence, scent, incense, bouquet, Archaic, flavor; odor, smell, reek.
redolent, adj. 1. fragrant, aromatic, odoriferous, odorous, perfumed, scented, ambrosial, savory, sweet, sweet-smelling.
2. smelly, reeking, malodorous; pungent, strong, sharp, nose-piercing.
3. suggestive, reminiscent, evocative, mindful, remindful.
redoubtable, adj. formidable, awesome, aweful, awe-inspiring; terrible, dread, dreadful, fearful, fearsome.