3. end, goal, purpose, objective, aim, destination; target, mark, butt, bull's-eye; pursuit, prize, quarry, chase, prey, game, quintain; intent, intention, motive, desire, view; point, import, purport, implication, meaning; design, plan, scheme, plot, idea; end purpose, end in view, be-all, end-all, utlimate aim.
-v. 4. argue against, plead, defend, answer, cite, attest, instance.
5. protest, disapprove, take exception to, demur, disfavor; remonstrate, expostulate, deprecate, animadvert upon; oppose, contravene, controvert, counter, dissent, differ; dislike, eschew, spurn; cavil, squabble, scruple, boggle, beg to differ.
6. refuse, deny, reject, disallow; repudiate, negate, rebut; say no, defy, shake one's head, turn thumbs down on. objectify, v. 1. externalize, actualize, materialize, hypostatize, corporealize, realize, body; embody, substantiate, incarnate, personify.
2. imagine, ideate, create, make up, concoct, think up, coin; visualize, envisage, conjure up, paint. objection, n. 1. disapproval, disapprobation, dissatisfaction; dislike, disrelish, antipathy, disaffection, resentment; disagreement, difference, variance, issue.
2. objecting, protesting, protestation; opposition, contravention, contradiction, controversion; dissent, dissidence, dissension.
3. counterstatement, defense, plea, answer, reply; denial, exception, demurrer, rebuttal; repudiation, refutation, rejection, negation; no, nay.
4. complaint, protest, veto, challenge; demur, hesitation, scruple, qualm, boggle; Sl. beef, Sl. kick, Sl. squawk, grievance, exception; remonstrance, expostulation, reproof, rebuke, reprimand, reproach, reprehension; stricture, blame, censure. objectionable, adj. 1. improper, indecorous, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, out of place; discourteous, disrespectful, uncivil, insolent, contumelious; undesirable, unfit, unsuitable, inappropriate; unallowable, ineligible, unadvisable, uncommendable, unpraiseworthy, unsatisfactory, disagreeable; inadmissible, exceptionable, unacceptable, untenable, unfeasible, indefensible, unjustifiable.
2. offensive, ignoble, base, deplorable, disgusting; insufferable, intolerable, unbearable, unendurable; unpleasant, unpalatable, unsavory, unappetizing, displeasing; repulsive, repellent, repugnant, revolting, nauseating; rank, beastly, sickening, stinking; gross, noisome, rotten, fetid, filthy, noxious; execrable, abominable, obnoxious; despicable, detestable, contemptible, odious, loathsome, abhorrent, hateful; vile, bad, opprobrious, foul, horrid. objective, n. 1. purpose, intent, intention, animus, motive, desire, view; hope, ambition, aspiration, vision; import, purport, implication, meaning; design, plan, idea, scheme, plot; end, purpose, end in view, ultimate aim, be-all, end-all; goal, end, object, aim, destination; target, mark, point, butt, bull's-eye; quarry, prize, prey, game, pursuit, chase, quintain.
2. lens, glass, ocular, optic, optical.
-adj. 3. ultimate, desired, purposed, intended; projected, planned, hoped for; final, end, terminal, eventual, destined.
4. unbiased, unprejudiced, unbigoted, impartial, impersonal; detached, neutral, judicial, sober, nonsubjective, third-person; uncolored, unwarped, unswayed, uninfluenced, unjaundiced; disinterested, dispassionate, just, fair, equitable, open-minded, even-handed. objectivity, n. 1. dispassion, disinterest, disinterestedness, indifference, detachment; equitability, fairness, justice, justness, evenhandedness, squareness; impartiality, neutrality, unprejudiceness, unbiasedness, unbigotedness, broad-mindedness.