back up, provide the background for, play piano orguitar for, harmonize, sing harmony to, chime in, Jazz.
accompanying, adj.accessory, attendant, complementary, concomitant, concurrent, associate, fellow; related, connected, joint; subsidiary, subordinate, background; supplementary, supplemental, ancillary, auxiliary, added, additional, extra, appended, attached, annexed.
accomplice, n.accessory or Chiefly Law.
accessary, Law.accessory before orafter the fact, Law.principal, partner in crime, SI.gun moll ormoll, Law.parti-ceps criminis, socius criminis; confederate, abettor, aider, collaborator, cooperator, contributor, cohort, conspirator, fellow conspirator, conspirer, conniver, participant, participator; ally, partner, comrade, colleague, associate, consociate, socius, yokefellow or yokemate, helpmate, helpmeet, Obs.helpfellow, coworker, co-aid, co-partner, consort, confrere, sidekick, friend, Chiefly Brit,
mate; helper, aid or aide, attendant, acolyte, deputy, subsidiary, auxiliary, ancilla, second, henchman, right hand, right-hand man, recruit, tool, SI.stooge, SI.gofer.
accomplish, v. 1. perform, do, execute, discharge, carry out, fulfill, realize; succeed in, manage, bring off, SI.pull off, Inf.put over, U.S. SI.
swing, U.S. SI.
cut, U.S. SI.
hack; engineer, negotiate, work out; bring about, make happen, effect, effectuate; produce, turn out, achieve, attain; arrive at, compass, reach, gain, win.
2. finish, complete, carry through; dispose of, SI. knock off, SI.polish off, expedite, dispatch; conclude, close, wind up, clinch, clench, seal; perfect, crown, top, cap, put the last orfinishing touch to, consummate; end, put an end to, terminate.
accomplished, adj.1. completed, effected, done, finished, ended, terminated; concluded, closed, clinched, sealed; established, consummated, fulfilled, realized, come true; achieved, attained, arrived at.
2. perfected, expert, proficient, adept, skillful, skilled; masterful, masterly, veteran, professional, Fr. au fait; topflight, top drawer, first-rate, exceptional, Inf.top-notch, ace, Inf.crack, SI.crackerjack, SI.on the ball, Inf.whiz-bang, Brit. SI.
3. talented, gifted, endowed, apt, clever; dextrous, adroit, deft, facile, ambidextrous, handy, neat, Brit. Dial,
feat; good, finished, polished, practiced; experienced, ripe, mature; capable, able, competent, up to the mark, efficient, adequate, sufficient, qualified, trained.
4. cultured, refined, cultivated, polished, finished; genteel, well-bred, thoroughbred; elegant, graceful, fine, polite; urbane, suave, sophisticated, cosmopolitan; fashionable, stylish, high-class, SI.classy.
5. learned, Archaic, studied, versed, knowledgeable; educated, lettered, intellectual, scholarly, erudite; well-educated, well-informed, well-read, literary.
accomplishment, n.1. fulfillment, realization, success, attainment, acquirement; completion, finishing, conclusion, closing; perfection, consummation, crowning, capping, topping; end, termination.