14. appear, materialize, come into view, show up, make an appearance, turn up; emerge, arise, manifest, reveal oneself, expose oneself; enter, peep out, come to light, appear on the scene, appear on the horizon, show one's face; loom, break in, Motion Pictures, fade in, pop up, flare up, flash.
15. return from the dead, return to life, resurrect, resurge; be born again, live again, revive, come alive, reanimate, revivify, reincarnate, come back.
-v. 16. ascension, ascent, rising, uprising, upgo-ing; climb, climbing, mount, mounting, escalade, clamber; takeoff, rocketing, soaring, leaving the ground, zooming, gaining ground or altitude; levitation, hanging, hovering.
17. elevation, increase, steepening; gain, expansion, extension, dilation, enlargement, spread; addition, augmentation, aggrandizement; advance, advancement, progression, progress; headway, march, growth, development; increment, accretion, accrual, accumulation; multiplication, proliferation, breeding, pullula-tion, propagation; intensification, magnification, enhancement; escalation, inflation, uptrend, upping, upturn, upbend; upsweep, upswing, upcurve, upsurge, upgrowth.
18. slope, acclivity, climb, incline, upslope; upgrade, uphill, uplift, upclimb, uprise; ramp, gradient, bank; high ground, upland, highland, knoll, hillock, hill; eminence, prominence, elevation.
19. origin, source, spring, fountain, fount, fountain-head, head, start; beginning, commencement, outset, inception, incipience, opening, dawn; birth, nativity, genesis; onset, outbreak, exordium; debut, coming out, inauguration; prelude, introduction, overture.
20. appearance, materialization, emergence, coming, apparition, arising; incarnation, revelation, presentation, realization, manifestation; avatar, theophany, forthcoming, epiphany; showing, disclosure, uncovering, unfolding, opening, exposure.
21. give rise to produce, cause, effect, bring out; bring into being, institute, set afloat; bear, yield, spawn, turn out. rising, adj. 1. advancing, coming, approaching, nigh; ascending, uprising, mounting, accelerating, increasing; lifting, climbing, soaring, wafted.
-n. 2. advance, approach, drawing nigh or near; ascension, ascent, uplifting, climbing, mounting.
3. uprising, revolt, revolution, rebellion, sedition, in-surgence, mutiny, peasant revolt, jacquerie; insurrection, outbreak, outburst, riot; resistance, insubordination, defiance; strike, walkout, sit-down, sit-down strike, sit-in.
4. prominence, eminence, projection, protuberancy, protuberance, protrusion, outcrop; bulge, swelling, hump, tumescence; mound, rise, bump; hill, height, elevation. risk, n. 1. hazard, peril, danger, jeopardy; endan-germent, imperilment, liability, vulnerability, susceptibility, exposure; precariousness, insecurity, unpredictability, uncertainty; chance, big chance, long shot; speculation, plunge, gamble, leap in the dark.
-v. 2. endanger, expose to danger, hazard, peril, imperil, jeopardize, jeopard, put in jeopardy; menace, threaten; take one's life in one's hands, play with fire, skate on thin ice, walk a tightrope, go up without a parachute.
3. dare, venture, chance, gamble, take a chance; try, attempt, tempt fate, Si. give a whirl, Inf. stick one's chin or neck out, lay or put [s.t.] on the line, put one's head in the lion's mouth; throw caution to the winds,