graceful, adj. 1. elegant, tasteful, fine; refined, cultured, cultivated, polished, courtly, urbane, suave; decorous, mannered, mannerly, well-mannered; discriminating, discerning, tactful.
2. charming, winsome, winning, appealing; attractive, comely, beautiful, lovely, handsome; supple, fluent, fluid, smooth, easy, facile; agile, nimble, lightsome.
graceless, adj. 1. awkward, clumsy, gawky, ungain ly, ungraceful; uncouth, coarse, crude, rude, raw, gross, low; gauche, unpolished, unsophisticated, unrefined, inelegant.
2. corrupt, degenerate, depraved; incorrigible, irre-formable, lost; shameless, brazen, brazen-faced, bold, unabashed; insolent, impudent, impertinent, disrespectful.
gracious, adj. 1. kind, kindly, benevolent, benign, benignant; kind-hearted, warm-hearted, warm; friendly, cordial, sociable, affable, amiable, pleasant, familiar; courteous, polite, well-mannered, mannerly.
2. tasteful, comfortable, easy, luxurious; urbane, suave, refined, polished, cultured, cultivated.
3. indulgent, obliging, accommodating, compliant, complaisant; patronizing, condescending.
4. merciful, compassionate, lenient, humane; mild, gentle, clement. -interj. 5. my, my oh my, dear me, goodness, goodness gracious, goodness gracious me, my goodness, good heavens, SI. for crying out loud, land of Goshen.
gradation, n. 1. progression, succession, sequence, course, order, series; continuance, continuation, consecutiveness, step-by-step progress, gradual advance, regular progression.
2. stage, degree, step, level, rank, plateau, plane, place; mark, point; pitch, extent, measure, amount, rate.
3. shading, depth, intensity.
grade, n. 1. degree, stage, gradation, scale; step, rung, stair, peg, notch; point, mark.
2. status, rank, standing; position, station, place, class, caste; worth, value, merit, quality; situation, condition, lot, estate.
3. mark, rating, measure, evaluation, score, average, ratio.
4. angle, slant, inclination, pitch, attitude.
5. bank, rise, hill, activity, declivity, slope, upgrade, incline, downgrade, decline.
6. make the grade qualify, pass, pass muster, stand the test, measure up, come up to scratch or standard, SI. cut it, SI. hack it; accomplish, finish, achieve, win, get through.
7. up to grade satisfactory, acceptable, adequate, sufficient, suitable, up to par, up to snuff.
-v. 8. level, smooth, flatten, even out, roll; equalize, correct.
9. sort, assort, size; class, type, name, label, tag, ticket, brand; classify, arrange, range, order, dispose,