unbending, adj. 1. rigid, stiff, tense, unpliable, inflexible, inelastic, unmalleable, unyielding, resistant; unlimber, not supple, arthritic, rheumatic, gouty, Inf. creaky, musclebound; brittle, crisp, dried-out, Inf. stiff as a board; hard, wooden, petrified, ossified, frozen. 2. resolute, determined, decided, set, resolved; stubborn, intractable, obstinate, pertinacious, hard-line, obdurate, intransigent, uncompromising; unrelenting, unflagging, dogged, relentless, inexorable; tenacious, gritty, Inf. hellbent, Inf. stick-to-it-ive.
unbent, adj. 1. unbowed, uncurved, unhunched; straight, direct, undeviating, unswerving; linear, lineal, in a line; straightaway, straightlined, straight as an arrow, virgate; vertical, square, plumb.
2. undefeated, unbeaten, standing, surviving.
unbiased, adj. fair, fair-minded, unprejudiced, un jaundiced, unbigoted, impartial, uncolored, Inf. colorblind; undistorted, unwarped, unswayed, uninfluenced, unbought; disinterested, dispassionate, detached, neutral; even-handed, equitable, just, Inf. square, objective, independent; open, open-minded, broad-minded, tolerant.
unbidden, adj. 1. spontaneous, unrestrained, free, unprompted, voluntary, willing; unconstrained, unforced, uncompelled, unordered, uncommanded; optional, discretionary.
2. unasked, uninvited, unwanted, unwelcome; unrequested, unsolicited, unsought after, unwished-for.
unbind, v. 1. release, disenthrall, extricate, free, liberate; set free, loose, set loose, let loose, turn loose, let go, unpen, unmew, disimprison; acquit, exculpate, clear, exonerate, vindicate; let go, dismiss, discharge, let off, Inf. let off the hook; emancipate, manumit, enfranchise, affranchise, franchise; deliver, rescue, ransom, redeem, Theol. save.
2. untie, unfetter, unshackle, unchain, unhandcuff, unbridle, unyoke, unmuzzle, Archaic, untruss; loosen, unfasten, unhook, undo, unfix, detach; disengage, disunite, disjoin, disconnect, unpin, unstick, unglue; separate, part, divide, sunder, sever, disintegrate, dissolve, break apart or up.
unblinking, adj. 1. unemotional, nerveless, strong-nerved, calm, inexcitable; unfaltering, unwavering, steady, cool, calm and collected, steady-handed, unquivering, unshaking, unshaky, sure, without batting an eye.
2. forthright, direct, forward, straightforward, unreserved, without mincing matters; blunt, abrupt, open, artless, sincere; downright, point-blank, to the point.
3. fearless, unfearing, unafraid, unfrightened, unshy, undiffident; undaunted, unintimidated, confident, sure, undismayed; unflinching, unshrinking, unblench-ing, uncringing.
4. attentive, awake, alert, on the alert, on the qui vive; watchful, on guard, with open eyes, on the lookout, all eyes and ears; unsleeping, unwinking, unnod-ding, on one's toes, ready, prompt, prepared.
unborn, adj. 1. future, to come, still to appear, latter, henceforward; that will be, coming, eventual, hereafter, subsequent.
2. undelivered, unhatched, unlaid, undropped, in utero; unbegotten, unmade, unconceived, uncreated, unproduced.