leakproof, adj. waterproof, wetproof, rainproof, moistureproof, floodproof, weatherproof, weather-tight, stormproof; airtight, watertight, sealed, hermetic; impervious, impenetrable, nonporous, imperforate.
leaky, adj. 1. porous, perforated, holey, percola-tive; pervious, permeable, penetrable.
2. damaged, injured, imperfect, defective.
3. effusive, gushing, outpouring, overflowing.
lean1, v. 1. incline, bend, angle, bevel, cant, slope,
slant, pitch, grade, bank; slouch, slump, bow over; descend, fall, drop, dip, sag; swerve, swing, veer, turn, curve, fork; sway, totter, falter; careen, list, heel, tip.
2. tend, have a tendency, have a propensity, have a proclivity; have a preference for, prefer, show preference for, have as lief, would as lief; see fit, think best, had rather or sooner; have a penchant for, have an affinity for, like, have a liking for, gravitate toward, be attracted to; be disposed to, be prone to, be apt to, be liable to, be likely to, be subject to, be open to.
3. rest against or on, recline on, repose on; be supported by, be sustained by.
4. depend on, rely on, count on, trust in, have faith in, believe in, give credence to; swear by, pin one's faith on, have full confidence in, set store by.
5. lean over backwards bend over backwards, go to great pains, go to great lengths, go to the trouble, go out of one's way, put oneself out, make a special effort; sacrifice, make a sacrifice.
lean2, adj. 1. (of persons or animals) slender, lank, thin, skinny, attenuate; gaunt, haggard, emaciated, meager, spare, scrawny; scraggy, spindly, spindle-shanked, skeletal, bare-boned, rawboned, skin and bones, twiggy; bony, lanky, gangling, gangly, Inf. weedy; hollow-cheeked, pinched, withered, shriveled, shrunken, wasted; underfed, undernourished, hungry, half-famished, half-starved, hungry as a bear.
2. barren, unproductive, unyielding, unfructuous, unfruitful, fruitless; exhausted, depleted, worn-out, impoverished; meager, scanty, scarce, sparse, empty, forlorn; poor, bare, dry, arid, bald, wasted, desolate, dead, naked.
leaning, n. 1. proclivity, propensity, inclination, bent, turn, cast; tendency, tending, bearing, gravitation, drift; proneness, subjectability, aptness, liableness, likeliness, susceptibility, weakness, openness; disposition, mind-set, idiosyncrasy, idiosyncrasis, Archaic. crasis.
2. penchant, predisposition, predilection, partiality; prejudice, tendentiousness, bias, preference; affinity, attraction, sympathy, fancy, liking, fondness, affection, love, ardor, fervor, zeal, passion; desire, longing, wishing, hankering, craving, itch, avidity; appetite, appetency, relish, taste; voracity, pruriency, prurience, lust.
lean-to, n. shack, shed, shanty, hut, hutch; hovel, sty, pen; booth, stall; shelter, building, structure; annex, addition.
leap, v. 1. jump, bound, spring, upspring, run and jump, take off, leave the ground or one's feet; high jump, broad jump, pole vault, steeplechase; (of horses) prance, rear up, buck, buckjump; leapfrog, overleap, jump over, overjump, vault, hurdle, cross over, sail over, shoot over, go or pass over, take it over, clear, negotiate.