injudicious, adj. 1. ill-judged, unwise, unsage, un-sagacious; imprudent, ill-considered, inconsiderate, thoughtless; unreasonable, irrational, senseless, nonsensical, wrong-headed, foolish, silly, harebrained, stupid, Inf. dumb.
2. ill-advised, inadvisable, unadvised, unadvisable, unrecommendable, unrecommended, miscounseled, misguided; impolitic, unshrewd, inexpedient, unprofitable, unfavorable; undesirable, inappropriate, unsuitable, ill-suited, wrong. injunction, n. requirement, requisition, exaction, demand, imposition; command, commandment, order, dictate, dictation, dictum, instruction, direction, directive, behest, Archaic, hest, imperative, ultimatum; precept, prescript, prescription, will, enjoin-ment, ordainment; admonition, charge, exhortation. injure, v. 1. damage, impair, hurt, harm, wound; ruin, spoil, scotch, break; mar, disfigure, deface; sully, stain, blemish, smirch, besmirch; maim, cripple, lame; deform, mangle, mutilate; weaken, enervate, enfeeble, wear down, waste.
2. maltreat, mistreat, ill-treat, misuse, abuse, wrong, molest, violate, SI. kick around; outrage, offend, affront, insult, slight; pervert, deprave, demoralize, degenerate, debauch; oppress, persecute, harass, harry, hound; malign, vilify, denigrate, vituperate, blacken, traduce; libel, calumniate, slander, do [s.o.] dirt. injured, adj. 1. damaged, impaired, hurt, harmed, wounded; ruined, spoiled, scotched, broken; marred, disfigured, defaced; sullied, stained, smirched, besmirched, blemished; maimed, crippled, lamed; deformed, mangled, mutilated; weakened, enervated, enfeebled, worn down, wasted.
2. wronged, offended, abused, misused, mistreated, maltreated, ill-treated, molested, violated, SI. kicked around; pained, grieved, aggrieved, cut, cut to the quick, stung; maligned, vilified, vituperated, denigrated, traduced, blackened; libeled, calumniated, slandered.
3. reproachful, condemnatory, censorious, denunciatory; disapproving, disapprobatory, displeased, dissatisfied, disgruntled, unhappy. injurious, adj. 1. harmful, hurtful, pernicious, baneful, deleterious, damaging; disadvantageous, detrimental, unfavorable; fell, dire, ruinous, destructive, disastrous, calamitous; vicious, malignant, malign, malevolent, maleficent; corruptive, corrupting, corrosive, corroding; virulent, noxious, noisome; unhealthful, unhealthy, insalubrious, unwholesome, unsalu-tary, peccant, bad for.
2. wrongful, prejudicial, unjust, unfair, inequitable, partial, partisan, interested, undispassionate; unbalanced, unequal, uneven, one-sided; biased, warped, influenced, swayed.
3. abusive, harsh, scurrilous, withering, caustic; contemptuous, insulting, offensive, sarcastic, cutting; derogatory, deprecatory, detractory, disparaging, belittling; defamatory, denigrating, vituperative, vilipen-ditory, scandalous; slanderous, libelous, calumnious, calumniatory, false, misrepresentative; imputative, as-persive, insinuating. injury, n. 1. hurt, harm, damage, impairment, detriment, loss; mischief, trouble, disadvantage, prejudice; misfortune, adversity, affliction, bane; ruin, ruination, havoc, destruction, perdition; defacement, disfigurement, deformation, mutilation.
2. wound, lesion, trauma, sore, SI. boo-boo; cut, gash, laceration; abrasion, scrape, scuff; puncture, stab, stab wound; bruise, contusion, black-and-blue mark; black eye, SI. shiner, SI. mouse.
3. injustice, grievance, disservice, SI. raw deal, SI. bum rap; abuse, maltreatment, ill treatment, ill usage, ill handling; wrong, violation, offense, evil, ill, iniquity, foul play; misdeed, misdemeanor, misfeasance, malfeasance, malefaction, Law. tort; outrage, enormity, atrocity, scandal; insult, affront, indignity, humiliation, slap in the face, aspersion, imputation, SI. put-down; slander, libel, calumny, misrepresentation, lie, falsehood.