remunerate, v. 1. pay, fee, recompense, reimburse, repay, indemnify, redress, requite, compensate, satisfy; reward, Literary, guerdon, Obs. gratify.
2. yield, return, net, profit, benefit,
remuneration, n. 1. payment, pay, compensation, consideration; salary, wages, emolument, earnings, Brit. SI. get; perquisites, Inf. perks, fringe benefits, Inf. fringes, Inf extras; hire, fee, stipend, honorarium, allowance; returns, interest, yield, gain, profits, proceeds, income, revenue.
2. recompense, repayment, requital, quittance; reparation, indemnification, indemnity, redress; amends, restitution, damages, Law. solatium.
3. tip, gratuity, douceur, Fr. pourboire, (in India and
Turkey) baksheesh, remembrance; bribe, boodle, blackmail, hush money; percentage, cut, Inf. kickback.
4. payoff, liquidation, discharge, satisfaction, redemption, settlement; remittance.
remunerative, adj. profitable, gainful, rewarding, lucrative, fat, big-time; paying, well-paying; valuable, moneymaking, advantageous; worthwhile, well-spent,
renaissance, n. renascence, rebirth, reemergence, resurgence, rekindling; revival, renewal, reappearance, rejuvenation, revivication, recrudescence; new birth, new day, new dawn, awakening.
renascent, adj. awakening, resurgent, reappearing, regenerative, rejuvenescent; revived, revivified, renewed, rejuvenated, reanimated, resurrected, resuscitated, redivivus, reborn, born-again, awakened,
rend, v. 1. rip up, tear to bits or pieces, shred, splinter, reave, break up, chop up, mangle; smash, smash to smithereens, break into a million pieces, shatter.
2. sever, sunder, split, slice, separate, part, divide, dissect, cleave, rive; disunite, disjoin, tear apart; rupture, fracture, crack, snap.
3. harrow, distress, disturb, trouble, worry; pain, hurt, afflict; smite, pierce, stab, wound.
render, v. 1. make, cause, effect, bring about, produce, create.
2. do, perform, practice, carry on or out, execute; achieve, accomplish.
3. provide, furnish, give, supply, contribute.
4. exhibit, show, display, manifest.
5. present, proffer, offer, deliver, tender, put up, hand over, hand down.
6. pay, remit, yield, hand out, give tribute; give up, surrender, cede.
7. translate, transcribe, convert, turn into; reword, rephrase, restate; do an exegesis, make intelligible, decipher, decode.
8. represent, depict, picture, portray, illustrate, design.
9. interpret, elucidate, illuminate, shed light on; explain, define, spell out, show the meaning of, plumb, probe.
10. melt, clarify, try out oil, try out.