alive to, sharp; vigilant, watchful, circumspect, observant; attentive, heedful, mindful,
awaken, v. 1. awake, wake up, waken, wake, rouse, get up; revive, become conscious, come to, come around, become aware.
2. arouse, animate, activate, vivify, enliven, quicken; stimulate, whet, prod; excite, work up, stir up, fire, kindle; spur, incite, fire up.
awakening, adj. 1. rousing, arousing, vivifying, enlivening, quickening, stimulating; restoring, revivifying, Med. analeptic. -n. 2. waking up, rousing, stirring; consciousness, awareness, realization, recognition; revival, revivification, renewal, rebirth; arousal, animation, activation, vivification, quickening, invigoration.
award, v. 1. present, bestow, gift, endow; assign, appoint, grant, allow, apportion, pass out, deal out, dole out.
2. decree, adjudicate, judge, adjudge, determine, decide in favor of. -n. 3. prize, trophy, medal, decoration, blue ribbon, citation; honor, laurels, wreath, palm, bay, crown; reward, recompense, remuneration, premium, payment, honorarium; gift, present, bestowal, endowment; grant, allotment, scholarship, fellowship,
aware, adj. 1. conscious, sentient, alive to, Archaic. ware; cognizant, sensible of, familiar with, acquainted with, SI. wise to; mindful, regardful, observant, awake, wide-awake; alert, cautious, wary, on the qui vive, on the beam or ball.
2. informed, in the know, apprised, enlightened, posted, up-to-date, Fr. au courant; knowledgeable, knowing, conversant, versed; sharp, quick, intelligent, percipient, discerning, discriminating; sophisticated, worldly-wise, urbane, Si. hip, Si. with it.
awareness, n. 1. realization, recognition, discovery, awakening; intuition, insight, enlightenment; perception, apprehension, comprehension, appreciation, understanding.
2. consciousness, sentience, sensibility, sensitivity; observation, notice, note, regard; observance, consideration, mindfulness, regardfulness; alertness, watchfulness, wariness, cautiousness.
3. conversance, conversancy, knowledge, familiarity, acquaintance, ken; cognizance, percipience, discernment, discrimination; connoisseurship, sophistication, urbanity.
away, adv. 1. from this place, off, abroad, absent, gone, from home, not at home, not present.
2. far, apart, at a distance, remote.
3. aside, in another direction, from contact.
4. out of possession, out of notice, out of use, out of existence, to an end, into extinction, into termination.
5. continuously, repeatedly, incessantly, uninterruptedly, relentlessly, interminably, unremittingly.
6. without hesitation, without delay, promptly.
do away with a. get rid of, abolish, stop, end.
b. kill, murder, annihilate.
-adj. 8. absent, not present, not at home, gone.
9. distant, remote, far off.
awe, n. 1. reverence, veneration, adoration, respect, admiration, fear of the Lord; wonder, wonderment, amazement, astonishment, surprise, bewilderment, stupefaction, consternation.
2. dread, fear, anxiety, angst, apprehension, fright, affright, dismay; shock, alarm, horror; trepidation, quivering, quaking, trembling, fear and trembling. -v. 3. overwhelm, impress, affect, move, strike, stun, amaze, astonish, stupefy, bewilder, Inf. blow one's mind, Inf. hit like a ton of bricks.