5. concern, sympathy, caring, care, solicitude; tenderness, feeling, good feeling; rapport, affinity, amity, concord, accord, harmony, brotherhood, friendliness.
6. Eros, Cupid, Amor; Venus, Aphrodite; Teutonic Myth. Freya, Hindu Myth. Kama; amorino, amoretto.
7. predilection, partiality, disposition, inclination, bent, penchant, proclivity; weakness, relish, taste, delight, soft spot in one's heart; mania, SI. thing.
8. beneficence, charity, Latin, caritas, Christian charity, agape, brotherly love; benevolence, kindliness, kindness, goodness, grace, grace of God; veneration, idolizing, reverence.
-v. 9. like, have a liking, care for, care a lot for, be fond of, hold dear, cherish; treasure, admire, esteem, prize, think the world of, be attracted to.
10. be in love with, be smitten, love to distraction, lose one's heart to; adore, adulate, worship, idolize; desire, want, yearn for, pine for, long for, pant for, burn; lust for, SI. letch after, SI. have the hots; have a crush on, be infatuated.
11. delight in, appreciate, relish, savor, enjoy, SI. eat up; get a bang or kick out of, approve, applaud.
12. need, require, have to have, benefit from, dote on, find good, find helpful.
13. embrace, hug, cuddle, SI. smooch, neck, pet, SI. make out, Inf. romance, fondle, Inf canoodle, caress, have foreplay; make love, have sex, have intercourse, go to bed, lie with, bed down; have a romp in the hay.
love affair, n. 1. affair, amour, romance, liaison, intrigue, relationship, meaningful relationship; tryst, assignation, rendezvous, secret rendezvous; engagement, betrothal.
2. enthusiasm, passion, mania, love, relish, appreciation, real liking; eagerness, ardor, zeal, fervor, devotion, SI. nuttiness,
loveless, adj. 1. lovelorn, unloved, unlamented, uncherished, unbeloved, unwanted, unappreciated; disliked, abhorred, disrelished, detested, hated, despised, loathed.
2. unloving, unfriendly, disaffecting; cold, cool, frigid, heartless, cold-hearted, icy; sterile, neutral, emotionless, passionless, with ice in one's bloodstream; like a cold fish,
lovely, adj. 1. beautiful, comely, attractive, handsome, seemly, becoming, sightly, Inf eye-filling, good-looking, pulchritudinous, Chiefly Literary. beauteous; fair, pretty, Chiefly Scot. bonny, shapely, well-proportioned, glamorous, sexy; charming, Inf. fetching, engaging, captivating, enthralling, enchanting, alluring, fascinating, winsome, winning, bewitching, enticing, tempting, seductive, ravishing.
2. personable, pleasant, Inf. divine; graceful, elegant, artistic, aesthetic; delicate, dainty, sweet.
3. Informal, delightful, pleasing, agreeable, congenial.
love-making, n. 1. courting, courtship, wooing; caressing, embracing, kissing, SI. making out, Inf. necking, Inf. petting, Inf. spooning.
2. act of love, intimacy, sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex, coitus, coition, sexual relations, sexual union or congress; mating, Archaic, venery, copulation, carnal knowledge, SI. humpery.
lover, n. 1. infatuate, beau, swain, courter, Romeo, wooer; suitor, gallant, amorist; ladies' man, playboy, SI. sheik, SI. stud; philanderer, paramour, Fr. bon ami, adulterer; Lothario, rake, libertine, Casanova, Don Juan; gigolo, It. cicisbeo, escort, cavalier; ladylove, coquette, flirt. See - love (def. 3).
2. aficionado, enthusiast, fan, devotee, buff, SI. nut, SI. bug, SI. hound, SI. freak; champion, supporter, Inf. booster.
loving, adj. affectionate, fond, devoted, amatory, amorous; caressing, caring, tender, gentle, kind, cordial, thoughtful; warm-hearted, warm, benign, sympathetic, friendly, amiable; desirous, smoldering, flaming, ardent, passionate, earnest, lovesick.
low1, adj. 1. ground-level, low-lying, low-hanging, unelevated; coastal, sea-level; flat, depressed, concave, sunken; nether, under, underground, buried, submerged, underwater, submarine, undersea, deep.