might and main, hammer and tongs, heart and soul, Latin, vieetarmis, Archaic, amain; fiercely, ferociously, savagely, violently, with a vengeance; frantically, frenziedly, furiously, wildly, madly, with abandon,
tooth-shaped, adj. odontoid, dentoid, dentiform, cuspidate, cuspidal, cuspal, toothlike,
toothsome, adj. 1. palatable, tasty, good-tasting, savory, savorous, sapid; flavorable, flavorous, flavor-some, appetizing, relishable; delicious, SI. yummy, mouth-watering, luscious, scrumptious, delectable, finger-lickin' good; ambrosial, ambrosian, Archaic. gustable, Fr. delicieux; piquant, pungent, spicy, sweet, honeyed, nectarous, nectareous.
2. agreeable, pleasing, enjoyable, satisfying; desirable, attractive.
3. voluptuous, curvy, curvaceous, shapely; SI. built, SI. stacked, SI. busty; alluring, Inf. sexy, beautiful.
top, n. 1. apex, vertex, summit, apogee, Latin, ne plus ultra; pinnacle, peak, crest, heights; tiptop, tip, point, spire.
2. crown, Anat. corona, headpiece, cap; steeple, belfry, cupola, loft, aerie; roof, ceiling, overlay, screen, lid; All Archit. cornice, entablature, epistyle, architrave, pediment, cover, covering.
3. stem, stalk, shoot, sprout, nib, neb, Bot. apiculus.
4. beginning, start, first, outset, onset, commencement, inception, genesis; head, first place or position, lead; front, forefront, vanguard, van, advance.
5. leader, pilot, guide, director, conductor; captain, chief, commander, president, chairman, chairwoman, master, headmaster, Educ. dean, Eccles. superior; supervisor, superintendent, manager, foreman, boss, taskmaster, Inf. top dog, SI. big shot.
6. acme, zenith, climax, culmination, meridian, maximum, crowning point, Med. fastigum; sublimity, supremacy, perfection, consummation; prime, best, finest, utmost, uttermost, extreme, U.S. SI. the most, U.S. SI. the greatest.
-adj. 7. summital, apical, highest, uppermost, topmost, tiptop, apogeal, apogean; upper, lofty, supernal, transcendent; culminating, culminant, climactic, climactical, crowning.
8. best, finest, prime, choicest, greatest, maximal, utmost, uttermost; superlative, superior, excellent, ace, first-rate, top-grade, top-drawer, topnotch, top-dog, SI. crackerjack; sublime, supreme, consummate, perfect; peerless, imcomparable, unequaled, second to none, nonpareil, unparalleled, Fr. sans pareil.
9. foremost, preeminent, paramount, first, leading; chief, principal, head, ruling, sovereign; main, major, dominant.
-v. 10. cap, crown, sit atop or on, pinnacle, tip, Brit, nib; climb, mount, ascend, scale; reach, gain, achieve, attain, accede, arrive at, get to.
11. exceed, go beyond, rise above or over; excel, surpass, transcend, eclipse, overshadow, outdo, outstrip, outshine; best, better, beat, win over, prevail over; clear, surmount, overtop, pass over, hurdle, vault, ride over, leap or jump over.
12. replenish, refill, fill up, resupply, refresh, freshen; top-dress, manure, fertilize, enrich, feed.
13. crop, trim, prune, snip, clip, poll, pollard, lop or cut off; nip, pinch, break off.
topcoat, n. overcoat, ulster, greatcoat, surcoat, sur-tout, trench coat, mackintosh,
tope, v. (all of alcoholic beverages) drink, tipple, bouse, Inf. booze, bibble, nip, Archaic, dram; drink like a fish, drink hard, drink seriously; get drunk, SI. get plastered or pickled or looped, Brit. SI. get bevied; All Inf gargle, wet or moisten one's whistle, take a drop, chug, chug-a-lug, lap, lap up, commune with the