nod, v. 1. motion, make a sign, signal, signify, signalize, indicate; incline the head, acknowledge, recognize, greet, give salutation, salute, say hello, hail.
2. acquiesce, show agreement, agree, concur, consent, assent.
3. doze off, drop off, drowse, be sleepy, fall asleep, go to sleep, nap.
4. be indifferent, be lax, be listless, become careless, become inattentive, become neglectful; bungle, botch, blunder, slip up, trip up, falter; be mistaken, be wrong, make a mistake, err.
5. (of trees, flowers, etc.) droop, bend, bow, hang down; give way, sag, sink, slump; dip, lean, curve, incline.
-n. 6. motion, gesture, sign, signal, cue, indication; beckoning, command.
7. acknowledgement, sign of recognition, greeting, salutation, salute, hello, hail; obeisance, sign of reverence; sign of acquiescence, show of agreement, sign of approval.
node, n. 1. protuberance, protuberancy, Bot. boss, knob, knop, nub, nubble, Bot. caruncle, Bot. bud, nodule, Anat. nodulus; knot, knur, gnarl, burl; protrusion, projection, Anat. apophysis, tuberosity, prominence, bulb; growth, excrescence, excretion, Biol, auxesis, tubercle; swelling, gibbosity, tumescence, intumescence, enlargement; lump, bump, Inf. goose egg, hump, buckle, bulge; Pathol, tumor, Pathol, neoplasm, Pathol, cyst, Pathol, wen, Pathol. blain, corn, wart, boil, Pathol, carbuncle, inflammation; whelk, pimple, pustule, Pathol, papule.
2. joint, juncture, junction, connection, link, Bot. articulation, Anat. condyle; splice, seam, Anat. raphe,
nodular, adj. knobby, knobbed, Bot. bossed, Bot. caruncular, nubby, nodose, nodous; knotted, knotty, knaggy, gnarled, gnarly, knurled, knurly, knarled; protuberant, protruding, protrusive, bulging, embossed, raised, excurved, excurvative, projecting; bumpy, lumpy, tumorous, Bot. torose; tuberous, warty, verrucose; pimpled, papular; uneven, rough, unsmooth, unfinished, flawed, blemished,
nodule, n. 1. small node, protuberance, Bot. boss, knot, gibbosity, Pathol, cyst. See - node (def. 1).
2. lump, mass, clot, gob, gobbet; clump, clod, cluster, bunch.
noise, n. 1. sound, clamor, din, hubbub, babel, racket; ballyhoo, outcry, bawl, hue and cry, vociferation; cacophony, dissonance, discord; uproar, hullabaloo, clangor, fracas, bedlam, tumult, pandemonium, turmoil, commotion, bluster, rumpus, Inf. ruckus; clapping, applause.
2. talk, talking, chatter, chattering, jabber, jabbering, babble, babbling. Fr. bavardage, prate, prattle.
3. cry, sob, wail, moan, groan, keen, ululation, whimper, whine, mewl; shout, whoop, Inf. holler, squall, yell, roar, bellow; scream, shriek, shrill, screech, Scot. and North Eng. skirl, catcall, whistle, wolf whistle, hiss.
4. (all of animals) bark, yap, yelp, bowwow, woof; meow, miaow, mew, purr, caterwaul; yowl, howl, bay; whinny, neigh, bray, moo, low; baa, bleat, blat, oink, squeal, grunt; cluck, cackle, gabble, quack, squawk, gobble, honk; chirp, cheep, peep, coo, bill, cuckoo; hoot, caw, crow, cock-a-doodle-doo; croak, ribbit.
5. blare, blast, bang, boom, growl, rumble, thunder; clatter, brattle, rattle, jingle, jangle; ring, ting, cling, tinkle, tintinnabulation; ding, ding-dong, chime, peal, knell, toll, sounding, resounding, reverberation; clink, chink, clank, Inf. clunk, click, clack, clang, twang; whistle, whir, buzz, hum, drone; hiss, whoosh, whiz, zing, Inf. zip; creak, grate, grind, scraping, scratching, rasp, stridulation.