mind, n. 1. intellect, intellectual or mental faculty or powers, cognitive function; psyche, ego, subconscious, Psychoanal. the conscious, Metaphys. I, Philos, self; soul, spirit, inner being, inner man, psychic or spiritual being.
2. genius, intellectual, mental giant, thinker, Inf. brain, Inf. Einstein, All Inf. wizard, wiz, whiz.
3. intelligence, intellectuality, mentality, mental aptitude or capacity or capability or ability; cognitive ability, ability to comprehend or understand, percipience, insight, apperception, perception; brainpower, braininess, brains, brain, cerebrum, wit, parts, Inf. gray matter, SI. smarts, Gk. Philos, nous; head, good head on one's shoulders, Inf. noggin, Inf. noodle; cleverness, wittiness, quickness, esprit.
4. sanity, saneness, soundness of mind, presence of mind, senses, wits, SI. marbles; rationality, reason, sense of reason, logical or ratiocinative powers, judgment, common sense.
5. disposition, temperament, temper, nature, humor, grain, vein, cast; inclination, tendency, turn, bent, leaning, proneness, proclivity, propensity.
6. sentiment, feeling, affection, partiality, partialness, bias, liking; belief, credence, conviction, persuasion, thought, faith; opinion, view, viewpoint, position, attitude, impression.
7. notion, idea, whim, fancy, temptation; urge, itch, desire, willingness, will; intention, intent, aim, purpose, design.
8. bear or
keep in mind remember, retain, don't forget, hold; be mindful of, take cognizance of.
9. cross one's mind occur to one, enter one's head, come to one; enter one's thoughts, come into one's consciousness.
10. know one's own mind be resolute or resolved, be decisive, be decided, be certain, be definite or absolute, be absolutely certain, be firm or fixed; be self-assured, understand or be in touch with oneself, have assurance or confidence, be self-confident, be poised.
11. make up one's mind decide, come to or reach a decision, resolve, conclude; draw a conclusion, settle on, form an opinion; Inf. fish or cut bait, choose, pick or pick out, select.
12. meeting of minds agreement, mutual understanding, concurrence; accord, accordance, concord, concordance, harmony; consensus, unanimity, unison.
presence of mind rationality, rationalness, sanity, saneness; intelligence, wits about oneself, control, quickness.
put in mind remind, recall, call up, take one back to [s.t.]; suggest, connote, bring up, allude to.
to one's mind in one's opinion, according to one's way of thinking, the way one looks at [s.t.], to one's view or viewpoint, to one's thinking, in one's judgment, in one's estimation.
16. thoughts, thinking, consciousness, whole being; attention, eye, ear.
-v. 17. attend to, pay attention to, give one's attention to, turn one's attention to, advert to, pay a mind to, fix or set one's mind on; notice, take notice of, note, take note of, mark; watch, see, observe, regard, perceive; heed, pay heed to, listen to, hear, give ear to; obey, follow, abide by, practice, hold by, adhere to, respect.
18. attend, tend to, watch, watch over, look after, keep an eye on or out for; take care of, care for, sit, babysit.
19. guard, be on guard, be alert, be careful or cautious about, be wary or guarded, watch out, stop, look and listen; think about or over, think twice about, consider, weigh, censor.