touchable, adj. 1. tangible, tactile, palpable, hold-able, handleable, manipulable, manipulatable; material, materiate, physical, substantial, substantive, perceptible, perceivable, sensible, appreciable; corporeal, corporal, bodily, somatic, somatologic, soma-tological; incarnate, embodied, Philos, hylomorphic. 2. strokable, petable, caressable; massageable, kneadable; kissable, tender, soft, smooth, silky, silken, silklike, satiny, velvety, creamy, like a baby's bottom; fuzzy, downy, fleecy, furry,
touch-and-go, adj. 1. hasty, helter-skelter, precipitate, rash; sketchy, superficial, slight, skimming the surface; desultory, disconnected, random, erratic, mercurial, inconstant, wavering, indecisive; fitful, spasmodic, jumpy, flighty, wayward, fluttery.
2. risky, dangerous, hazardous, perilous; frightening, SI. hairy, scary, terrifying, hair-raising, making one's hair stand on end, nerve-racking; precarious, uncertain, unsure, suspenseful, cliff-hanging, like the perils of Pauline, hanging by a thread, on slippery ground; ticklish, touchy, delicate, critical,
touched, adj. 1. moved, stirred, jarred, shook, struck; affected, impressed, influenced, melted, softened, seized with; disturbed, distressed, troubled, perturbed, upset.
2. daft, Inf. daffy, unbalanced, Inf. unglued, Inf. half-baked, Brit. SI. bonkers, unhinged, distracted; dazed, moon-struck, possessed, infatuated; brainsick, SI. kooky, SI. meshuga; insane, crazy, crazed, mad, lunatic, lunatical, demented, deranged; of unsound mind, Latin, non compos mentis, mentally ill; All SI. balmy, dippy, batty, bats, cuckoo, buggy, bughouse, bugs, screwy, wacky, wacko, goofy, loony, squirrelly, bananas, nuts, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake.
3. odd, peculiar, queer, bizarre, strange, anomalous, Chiefly Brit. Inf. potty, Inf. dotty, Inf. crackpot; abnormal, aberrant, irregular, deviant, perverse.
touchiness, adj. 1. tetchiness, testiness, irritability, edginess, snappishness, nervousness; irascibility, cholericness, petulance, Rare, petulancy; grouchiness, grumpiness, crankiness, crabbiness, crotchetiness, crossness, crabbedness; churlishness, surliness, cantankerousness, crustiness, gruffness, bearishness, currishness; quick temper, excitability, inflammability, fieriness, pepperiness; temperamentalness, moodiness, spleen, choler, bad or ill temper or disposition, ill humor or nature; contentiousness, querulousness, fractiousness, captiousness.
2. hypersensitivity, supersensitivity, oversensitivity, oversensitiveness, sensitivity, sensitiveness, sensitive disposition or nature; peevishness, huffishness, huffiness, waspishness, raspiness, fretfulness; chip on the shoulder, resentfulness, bitterness; jealousy, envy, low self-esteem, Psychiatry, inferiority complex,
touching, adv. 1. affecting, effective, moving, stirring, soul-stirring, heart-moving, heart-swelling, emotive; impressive, striking, breath-taking, thrilling, exciting, rousing, stimulating, stimulative; poignant, tender, plaintive; heartrending, heartbreaking, sad, distressing, pathetic, pitiful, pitiable.
2. tangent, tangential, contiguous, in contact, con-tactual, Geom. (of a curve) osculatory, Both Obs. at-tingent, attiguous; meeting, coming together, convergent, converging, intersecting, concurrent, overlapping; abutting, bordering, neighboring, conterminous, sharing a common border; adjacent, juxtapositional,