id, fanatical, frenzied; frantic, crazed, mad, Pathol. delirious, Inf. wild, out of one's mind, beside oneself.
infuse, v. 1. saturate, imbue, permeate, souse, drown, inundate, pervade; immerse, immerge, dip, dunk, submerse, submerge, drench; soak, bathe, steep, tincture, tinge, macerate, fortify, season, flavor, Inf. lace.
2. inculcate, instill, infix, implant, ingrain, fill, impregnate, penetrate; teach, train, instruct, enlighten, inform, guide; indoctrinate, beat or hammer into, drill, prime, ground; preach, propagandize, insinuate; influence, infect, affect, bias, incline; initiate, inspire, breathe into, inflame, arouse; fire, charge, stir, stimulate, animate.
infusion, n. 1. saturation, permeation, immersion, submersion, submergence; soaking, steeping, infusing, macerating; bath, plunge, dip, soak.
2. coloring, tincture, tinge, shade, stain, flavor.
3. inculcation, instillation, implantation, impregnation, penetration; instruction, introduction, indoctrination; insinuation, infiltration; inoculation, injection, transfusion.
ingathering, n. 1. gathering, garnering, collecting, accumulating, amassing, bringing in, taking in, scraping together.
2. collection, amassment, accumulation, garner; harvest, crop, yield, fruit, produce, production; gleanings, pickings, cleanup, aftermath, windfall, boon; return, profit, dividend, margin; winnings, takings, proceeds, receipts, Inf. rake-off, Inf. take; gain, recompense, remuneration.
ingenious, adj. 1. clever, witty, shrewd, Archaic. parlous, canny, subtle, cunning, sly, wily, crafty, foxy, Inf. cute; sagacious, apt, smart; keen, acute, astute, sharp, brilliant, bright.
2. felicitous, adept, proficient, facile; skillful, skilled, dexterous, adroit, deft, handy, neat, Brit. Dial. feat; gifted, talented, well-endowed, topflight, top drawer, first-rate, Inf. topnotch, ace, Inf. crack, SI. crackerjack, SI. on the ball, Inf. whiz-bang, Brit. SI. whizzo; expert, masterly, Fr. au fait, competent, efficient, good at, capable, able.
3. inventive, resourceful, Daedalian, original, originative, creative, imaginative.
ingenuity, n. 1. cleverness, wittiness, shrewdness, canniness, subtleness, cunning, cunningness, slyness, wiliness, craftiness, foxiness, Inf. cuteness; sagaciousness, sagacity, aptness, smartness; keenness, acuteness, sharpness, brilliance, brightness.
2. felicity, adeptness, proficiency, address, facility, readiness; skillfulness, skill, dexterousness, dexterity, sleight, adroitness, deftness, handiness, neatness; gift, giftedness, endowment, genius, talent, faculty; flair, bent, turn, knack, forte, dowry.
3. inventiveness, resourcefulness, ingeniousness; imaginativeness, imagination, creativity, creativeness, originality, inspiration.
4. invention, creation, original, one-of-a-kind, inspiration, design; attainment, accomplishment, feat, trick.
ingenuous, adj. 1. open, open and sincere, open-hearted, sincere, genuine, undeceptive, undeceitful, undeceiving, unfeigning, undissembling, undissimulating; aboveboard, open and aboveboard, up front, up and up, on the level, no-nonsense; straight, square, upright, upstanding, just, fair, fair and square, Inf. square-dealing, plain-dealing, square-shooting, straight-shooting; honest, trustworthy, Inf trusty, uncorrupt, uncorrupted, Inf. o.k. or OK.