11. mistake, error, oversight, omission, inadvertence, Inf slip-up; indiscretion, impropriety, faux pas, gaffe, gaucherie; blunder, Sl. boo-boo, Sl. goof, Sl. boner, slip of the lip or tongue or pen, Freudian slip, Radio & TV. Sl. blooper; sin, transgression, offense, trespass.
12. decline, downturn, diminution, lessing, lowering, fall-off, downtrend, downslide, downswing, slump, nosedive; depreciation, falling-off, drop-off, dip, decrease, recession; dwindling, deterioration, degeneration, regression, retrogression, retrograda-tion. slip2, n. 1. scion, cutting, offshoot, sprout, sprig, spray; runner, Bot. sarmentum; switch, twig, branch.
2. strip, slat, splinter, sliver, shiver, shred, fragment.
3. paper, notepaper, note; permission slip, pass, admission, papers, certificate, stub, card.
4. underdress, undergarment, underwear, lingerie; underskirt, petticoat, half-slip; undershirt, chemise, camisole. slipper, n. pump, mule, sandal, moccasin; house shoe, bedroom slipper, loafer, slip-on; dancing pump, ballet slipper, opera pump; zori, Sl. flip-flop; clog, wooden shoe, Trademark. Dr. Scholls, slipperiness, n. 1. oiliness, lubricity, greasiness, slitheriness; smoothness, sleekness, glassiness, glossiness, iciness; soapiness, waxiness, butteriness, unctuousness; sliminess, mucosity.
2. shiftiness, trickiness, deceitfulness; foxiness, craftiness, cunning, snakiness; slickness, dishonesty, Inf. shadiness, close-dealing, sharp trading.
3. unreliability, undependability, unfaithfulness, faithlessness, disloyalty, unsteadfastness; capriciousness, whimsicality, fancifulness, flightiness; changeability, variability, mutability; moodiness, unpredictability, mercuriality, unaccountability.
4. unsteadiness, insecurity, unsafeness; precariousness, danger, peril, hazard; ticklishness, risk, chance, speculation; unsureness, totteriness, shakiness, criticalness, unsoundness, Inf. chanciness. slippery, adj. 1. slick, oily, greasy; smooth, sleek, glassy, glossy, skiddy, icy; soapy, waxed, buttery, unc