2. forgetfulness, obliviousness, Lethe, nirvana, blankness, thoughtlessness, quietism; amnesia, blackout, fugue, unconsciousness; absence, insensibility, senselessness, stupor, coma.
3. unmindfulness, absent-mindedness, unthinkingness; heedlessness, unawareness, carelessness, inconsideration, regardlessness, disregardfulness, unsolicitude. oblivious, adj. 1. forgetful, absent-minded, Lethean, amnesic, amnestic; thoughtless, thoughtfree, nir-vanic, quietistic; sublimated, suppressed, repressed, blocked out; faraway, elsewhere, in nowhere land, somewhere else; unconscious, insensible, out, dead, asleep, dead to the world; absorbed, abstracted, rapt, lost, engrossed, pensive, meditative; preoccupied, mused, daydreaming, dreaming, napping; stargazing, wool gathering, in the clouds, on cloud nine, castle-building.
2. unmindful, unaware, heedless, blind, unobservant, careless; inattentive, inadvertent, disregardful, regardless, distracted. oblong, adj. elongated, ellipitical, ellipsoidal; oval, ovate, ovoid, egg-shaped; rectangular. obloquy, n. 1. discredit, disrepute, disfavor, ais-esteem, loss of face, downfall, fall; detraction, derogation, degradation, devaluation, depreciation, disparagement, belittlement, deprecation; shame, disgrace, dishonor, scandal, ignominy, infamy, odium, opprobrium, debasement, vitiation, turpitude, ill repute, bad repute; humiliation, humble pie, mortification.
2. (all usu. public) censure, disapproval, disapprobation, reprobation, reprehension, objection; criticism, animadversion, Inf. brickbat; fulmination, denunciation, condemnation; execration, curse, malediction, imprecation, railing, invective, commination, Archaic. exprobation; tirade, philippic, diatribe; aspersion, defamation, denigration, vilification, revilement, traducement; slander, libel, calumny, calumniation, abuse, injury.
3. (all usu. public) reproof, reproach, rebuke, reprimand, stricture; upbraiding, castigation, objurgation, vituperation; scolding, dressing down, tongue-lashing, SI. hell.
4. (all usu. public) blame, accusation, accusal, charge; imputation, incrimination, crimination, inculpation. obnoxious, adj. 1. offensive, disgusting, noisome, revolting, obscene, deplorable, objectionable; noxious, rank, foul, vile, fulsome, noisome; distasteful, nauseating, nauseous, unpalatable, unsavory, gross, unpleasant, disagreeable; odious, abhorrent, abominable, execrable, detestable, heinous, loathsome, hateful; despicable, scurvy, base.
2. annoying, unbearable, intolerable, unendurable, insufferable, Scot. randy.
3. subject, exposed, vulnerable, susceptible, pregnable, open, liable. obscene, adj. 1. indecent, broad, immodest, shameless, indelicate, indecorous, inelegant; vulgar, gross, risqud, suggestive, off-color, Inf. blue; outrageous, sensational, lurid, scandalous, shocking; abusive, ribald, scurrilous, blackguardly, thersitical, profane, foulmouthed, Fescennine, Obs. blackguard, Archaic, scurrile.
2. lewd, salacious, pornographic, vile, foul, filthy, dirty, smutty, nasty, scatologic, scatological, SI.
More Synonyms ...