rosy, sunny; pleasant, agreeable, nice, friendly,
invocation, n. entreaty, adjuration, impetration, im-ploration, imploringness, solicitation, soliciting; request, prayer, praying, orison, plea, pleading, intercession; supplication, beseechment, beseeching, obtestation, obsecration; petition, petitioning, suit, appeal; calling upon, summoning, summons; conjuration, evocation, calling up by incantation,
invoice, n. 1. itemization, particularization, description, detailing; list, inventory, enumeration, numeration.
2. bill, statement, check, charge, tabulation, Inf. tab; manifest, score, tally, account,
invoke, v. 1. call for, pray for, request; supplicate, implore, entreat, adjure, obtest; solicit, beseech, obsecrate, imprecate, impetrate; beg, importune, cry for, beg a boon.
2. call on, petition, address, appeal, plead, Rhet. apostrophize; bid, pray, sue.
3. call forth, call up, raise, conjure; evoke, summon, cite, summon forth, muster, convoke.
involuntary, adj. 1. independent, automatic, spontaneous, uncontrolled, reflex, mechanical, conditioned.
2. unconscious, instinctive, impulsive, subliminal, Sl. gut; unthinking, unwitting, blind; unintentional, unde-liberate, indeliberate, unpremeditated, unmeditated.
3. unwilling, reluctant, against one's will, against one's wishes, grudging; unconsenting, averse, loath, disinclined, indisposed; choiceless, forced, coercive, compulsive; compulsory, obligatory, imperative, binding, necessary.
involution, n. 1. involvement, entanglement, tan-glement, convolution; enmeshment, embarrassment, circumvolution.
2. complexity, complication, intricacy, intricateness, perplexity; tortuosity, ambagiousness, wilderness, jungle, confusion.
3. rolling up, folding up, infolding, envelopment, inversion; invagination, intussusception, retroflexion, retroversion.
involve, v. 1. imply, entail, signify, insinuate, suggest, mean, admit; denote, betoken, connote, spell; represent, symbolize, typify, epitomize; indicate, refer to, allude to, designate.
2. include, contain, comprehend, comprise; embrace, hold, encompass, enclose; number among, count in, reckon in, embody, incorporate; affect, take in, subsume, presume, presuppose.
3. complicate, perplex, confound, confuse, mix up, ramify; mix, blend, combine, entangle, tangle, snarl, knot, embrangle, catch up in; embroil, embarrass.
4. implicate, incriminate, inculpate, criminate, accuse; connect, Inf. mix up, draw into, associate, cohort.
5. engage, engross, hold, hold the attention, focus the attention; preoccupy, absorb, rivet, grip; concern, commit, pledge, interest, bind.
6. envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclasp; surround, cover, shroud, compass, encompass, enclose.
7. engulf, swallow up, overwhelm, overcome, bury, engorge; submerse, swamp, deluge, flood, inundate.
involved, adj. 1. intricate, complex, complicated, perplexing, confusing; knotty, tangled, entangled, snarled, twisted, matted; sophisticated, ramified, elaborate, involuted, convoluted; confused, confounded, mixed up, crabbed.
2. implicated, inculpated, incriminated, Inf. mixed up in or with; connected with, associated with, in on, a party to.