12. backing, approval, approbation, advocacy, encouragement, countenance, favor, espousal, patronage, promotion, blessing, grace, sponsorship, auspices, good offices, kind regard; fosterage, furtherance, advancement, advance, advantage, welfare; help, aid, assistance, helping hand, lift, boost; relief, succor, championship, protection, friendship.
13. helper, aide, assistant, attendant, subsidiary, an-cilla, auxiliary, second, right hand, right-hand man, acolyte, deputy; partner, ally, comrade, colleague, associate, consociate, companion, helpmate, helpmeet, co-worker, consort, confrere, sidekick, crony, Inf. buddy, Chiefly Brit,
mate; cooperator, collaborator, contributor, participant, participator.
supportable, adj.1. tolerable, endurable, sufferable, bearable, abidable, acceptable, maintainable, excusable.
2. tenable, defensible, vindicable, provable, demonstrable, confirmable, sustainable, apodictic, evincible, checkable, attestable, verifiable, validatable, substantiate, establishable, authenticable.
supporter, n.1. prop, base, fulcrum, socle, truss; brace, bracer, bolster, buttress, bracket, stay, shoulder, reinforcement. See - support (def.
2. maintainer, sustainer, upholder, advocate, backer, second, abettor, patron, endorser, promoter; champion, defender, apologist, exponent, protagonist, friend in orat court, mediator, intercessor, paraclete; adherent, follower, partisan, mainstay, stalwart, sectary, votary, rooter, booster, aficionado, devotee, admirer, lover, Inf.fan, Inf.buff; encourager, favorer, well-wisher, sympathizer.
3. financer, funder, subsidizer, underwriter, angel, Inf.staker, grubstaker, SI. meal ticket; benefactor, benefactress, benefiter, friend in deed, guardian angel, tutelary, patron saint, Inf.fairy godmother.
4. ally, partner, comrade, comrade in arms, colleague, associate, consociate, companion, helpmate, helpmeet, co-worker, copartner, co-aid, consort, confrere, sidekick, crony, Inf.buddy, Chiefly Brit,
mate; accomplice, accessory or Chiefly Law.
accessary, Law. principal, confederate, partner in crime.
5. athletic supporter, jockstrap, jock; G-string; garter; brassiere, bandeau, Inf.bra, SI. over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder; girdle, corset, foundation garment, garter belt; suspender, suspenders, pair of suspenders, Chiefly Dial,
supportive, adj.encouraging, reassuring, understanding, sympathetic; well-disposed, ready to help, helpful, aidful; behind [s.o.], in back of [s.o.], on [s.o.'s] side.
suppose, v. 1. assume, take for granted, presume, presuppose, postulate, posit, predicate, theorize, hypothesize, hypothecate, speculate; suspect, imagine, surmise, conjecture, guess, reckon, hazard a guess; believe, fancy, think, think likely, daresay, opine, Northern U.S. calculate, Inf.allow, conclude, judge, realize; infer, Inf.take it, deduce; understand, gather, apprehend, get, SI. dig; divine, intuit.
2. imply, presuppose, require logically.
supposed, adj.1. hypothetical, theoretical; imagined, imaginary, made-up, invented.
2. assumed, presumed, presupposed, taken for granted; accepted, believed, thought; professed, purported, rumored, said to be, claimed, so-called.