2. inanimate, lifeless, exanimate, inert, dead; inorganic, vegetable, mineral.
3. insensitive, insensible, impassive, unimpressionable, inured; callous, hardened, hard; thickskinned, pachydermatous, casehardened; unemotional, apathetic, uninterested, uncaring, insouciant, disregardful, nonchalant, inattentive, Inf. tuned out, blind or deaf to things; dispassionate, insusceptible, frigid, cold, cold-hearted, cold-blooded.
4. senseless, nonsensical, irrational, judgmentless, illogical, unreasonable; fatuous, Inf. fatheaded, stupid, witless, dumb, doltish, asinine, addlebrained, Inf. out to lunch; unintelligent, unreasoning, mindless, brainless.
insensibility, n. 1. unconsciousness, insentience, insensitiveness, insensitivity; coma, stupor, narcosis, anesthetization, hypnosis.
2. imperviousness, hardness, callousness, toughness, cold-bloodedness, ruthlessness; apathy, coolness, passionlessness, emotionlessness, impassibility, impassibleness; inattentiveness, absent-mindedness, indifference, insouciance, nonchalance; disregard, half-heartedness, indifference; dullness, lethargy, languidness, sluggishness; phlegm, phlegmaticalness, phlegmaticness; heaviness, leadenness, torpidity,
insensible, adj. 1. unconscious, insentient, unperceiving; comatose, anesthetized, Inf. knocked out, Inf. out, Inf. completely out, Inf. zonked.
2. impervious, inured, hard, hardened, callous, thickskinned, pachydermatous; tough, toughened, casehardened, cold-blooded, ruthless.
3. unaware, inappreciative, incognizant, unknowing; uncultivated, uncultured, unrefined, low-brow, Philistine, unenlightened, unconversant, unsophisticated, undiscerning, undiscriminating.
4. imperceptible, incognizable, unascertainable, indiscernible, indistinguishable, incomprehensible; indistinct, unclear, unrecognizable, blurred, ill-defined, vague, mysterious, obscure, uncertain, confusing.
5. apathetic, cool, passionless, emotionless; impassible, insensitive, detached, inattentive, absent-minded, Inf. out to lunch; dispassionate, indifferent, uninterested, insouciant, Fr. sans souci, nonchalant; disregardful, half-hearted, lukewarm, indifferent; dull, lethargic, languid, sluggish, phlegmatic; heavy, leaden, torpid.
insensitive, adj. 1. tough, callous, insentient, unfeeling; numb, anesthetized, dead, deadened.
2. insusceptible, immune, proof, impervious, unaf-fectable, unimpressionable, unreactive, nonreactive, nonallergic.
3. unkind, mean, nasty, uncaring; merciless, unmerciful, pitiless, unpitying, uncompassionate, un-compassioned, unsympathetic, unsympathizing, hardhearted, heartless.
4. insensible, unaware, inappreciative, incognizant, unknowing; uncultivated, uncultured, unrefined, lowbrow, Philistine, unenlightened, unconversant, unsophisticated, undiscerning, undiscriminating.
insentient, adj. inanimate, lifeless, exanimate, inert, dead; inorganic, vegetable, mineral; insensate, numb, anesthetized, deadened, unfeeling, insensible, unperceiving, unconscious, comatose, Inf. knocked out, Inf. out, Inf. completely out, Inf. under, Inf zonked,
inseparable, adj. 1. unseparable, inseverable, impartible, unpartible, indivisible, undivisible, undi-vidable, indiscerptible; indissoluble, undissolvable, insoluble, unsoluble; unbreakable, infrangible.
inseparables concomitants, salt and pepper, bread and butter, horse and carriage, gin and tonic.