Chiefly Southern U.S. grits; wheat, rye, oats, rice, corn, maize, barley, bran.
2. breakfast food, cold cereal, granola; oatmeal, Trademark. Cream of Wheat, farina, porridge, mush,
ceremonial, adj. 1. formal, ritual, solemn, celebratory, triumphal, sacramental, ceremonious, commemorative; dignified, stately, imposing, impressive, lofty, august, majestic; conventional, customary, functional, ritualistic.
-n. 2. rite, ritual, service, ceremony, observance; formality, duty, custom, practice, function; solemnity, sacrament, liturgy,
ceremonious, adj. 1. ceremonial, formal, stately. 2. courteous, courtly, cavalier, polite; punctilious, exact, precise, just-so, particular, careful, scrupulous, fastidious, meticulous; correct, strict, rigid, stiff, rigorous, affected, fussy, finicky,
ceremony, n. 1. rite, service, ceremonial. See - ceremonial (def. 2).
2. formalities, protocol, Inf. fuss, propriety, decorum, etiquette; conformity, conventionality, strictness, prescription; scrupulosity, nicety, punctilio,
certain, adj. 1. confident, positive, sure; secure, free from doubt, believing, convinced, satisfied; assured, unshaken, unwavering, undeviating, Inf. cocksure.
2. destined, Inf. in the cards, bound to come, inevitable, inescapable, inexorable; Inf. in the bag.
3. unquestionable, indisputable, undeniable, evident, obvious, plain, clear, cogent; indubitable, incontestable, apodictic, irrefutable, incontrovertible; authoritative, beyond question, unequivocal, unqualified, absolute, conclusive, infallible, undisputed, unquestioned, past dispute; well-grounded, valid, unambiguous, unmistakable, irrefragable.
4. dependable, trustworthy, unfailing, reliable, Inf. foolproof, Inf. sure-fire; sound, steady, stable, solid, firm, fixed; constant, invariable, steadfast, changeless, unchanging, unaltering; settled, staid, unshakable, inviolate, unalterable.
5. agreed upon, definite, determined, predetermined.
6. special, specific, particular, express, precise, singular, especial, individual.
certainty, n. 1. truth, fact, reality, actuality, factualness; conviction, belief, doubtlessness; reliance, assurance, confidence, trust, faith; unalterability, inexorability, unchangeability; inevitability, inescapableness, Inf. sure thing, SI. cinch, SI. shoo-in.
2. validity, conclusiveness, authoritativeness, unquestionableness, indisputability; absoluteness, infallibility, irrefutability, incontrovertibility, irrefragability, unimpeachability, incontestability; unequivocalness, indubitability.
certificate, n. 1. document, testimonial, certification, Law. acknowledgment; statement, Law. affidavit, Law. deposition.
2. credential, diploma, Inf sheepskin.
-v. 3. document, depose, attest to, testify to, bear witness to, evidence, offer evidence for; confirm, verify, validate, authenticate, certify; corroborate, substantiate, support.
4. accredit, license, qualify, commission; authorize, warrant, legalize; sanction, approve of, give one's stamp or seal of approval, Inf O.K.
certify, v. 1. confirm, verify, validate, authenticate, testify to, attest to, certificate; corroborate, substantiate, sustain, uphold, support, prove, document, manifest, show, establish; depose, bear witness to, evidence, offer evidence for.
2. accredit, ratify, sanction, approve of, give one's stamp or seal of approval, pass judgment on, Inf O.K.