stupidity, n. 1. dull-wittedness, Inf. dumbness, unintelligence, fatuity, insensateness, betise; imbecility, Inf. moronism, Inf. moronity, retardation, subnormality; empty-headedness, brainlessness, mindlessness; dullness, Inf. dopiness, witlessness, unwittiness; vapidity, insipidness, insipidity, banality, blandness; emptiness, voidness, vacancy, vacuity, blankness.
2. denseness, density, obtuseness, bovinity, stolidness; lumpishness, oafishness, cloddishness, boorishness; doltishness, blockheadedness, thickheadedness; obstinateness, obstinacy, stubbornness, bullheaded-ness; bluntness, crassness, tactlessness.
3. simple-mindedness, feeble-mindedness; childishness, puerility, immaturity; naivite', simplicity, unsophistication, gullibility.
4. unreasonableness, irrationality, illogicalness, illogicality, meaninglessness; irrelevance, inconsequenti-ality, insignificance, nugacity, triviality; inappropriateness, ineptness, ineptitude, improperness, incongruousness, incongruity, inconsistency; imprudence, indiscretion, heedlessness, carelessness, unwariness, foolhardiness, recklessness, irresponsibility, rashness.
5. absurdity, absurdness, foolishness, folly, silliness, inanity, fatuousness; pointlessness, senselessness, futility, fruitlessness; ridiculousness, ridiculosity, laughableness, ludicrousness, asininity, idiocy, idioticalness; superficiality, frothiness, frivolousness.
6. nonsense, nonsensicality, nonsensicalness, fiddle-faddle; amphigory, poppycock, bosh, balderdash; twaddle, babble, babblement, prattle, blather, gabble.
stupor, n. 1. coma, Pathol, sopor; daze, trance, dream state.
2. numbness, unfeelingness, deadness, stupefaction; unconsciousness, senselessness, insensibility, obliviousness; torpor, inertness, supineness; lassitude, listlessness, lethargy, sluggishness, languor, lifelessness, Inf. dopiness; apathy, indifference, unresponsiveness, dullness, phlegm.
sturdy, adj. 1. stalwart, stout, rugged, hefty, husky, burly, iron, solid, tough, yeomanly, Scot. buirdly, Scot. and North Eng. stiff, Inf. tough as nails, Inf. hard as rock; muscular, muscled, well-muscled, fullmuscled, strong, brawny, strapping, broad-shouldered, powerfully-built, herculean, musclebound; powerful, mighty, Literary, puissant; able, ablebodied, athletic, sinewy, well-knit; robust, vigorous, full of vigor, hardy, hearty, hale and hearty, hale, lusty, strong and healthy, bursting with health or vigor; sound, healthy, in good health, fit, physically fit, in fine fettle, in good condition, Inf. in good shape, Inf. in shape.
2. sound, stout, solid, substantial, well-built, well-made, well-constructed; hard, heavy, tough, durable, long-lasting, lasting, made to last.
3. firm, staunch, steadfast, doughty, tenacious; uncompromising, unyielding, inexorable, intransigent; resolute, resolved, determined, decided, fixed; unflinching, unswerving, unwavering, undeviating, unshrinking, unbending, unfaltering, unhesitating; stubborn, obstinate, pertinacious; indefatigable, tireless, untiring, unflagging, unwearying, enduring, staminal; indomitable, invincible, unconquerable, defiant, resistant, resisting; mettlesome, plucky, gritty, game, spirited, red-blooded, Inf. spunky.