2. genial, convivial, easygoing, amiable, friendly, outgoing; winsome, sunny, smiling, cheery, riant; optimistic, in good spirits, positive; bubbling, sparkling, effervescent.
3. carefree, free and easy, heedless, untroubled, unconcerned, happy-go-lucky; nonchalant, casual, indifferent, blase, devil-may-care; apathetic; dispassionate, detached, cool.
blizzard, n. snowstorm, snow squall, snow flurry, snow, snowfall; storm, squall, tempest, rainstorm, thunderstorm, hailstorm; hurricane, typhoon, tornado, whirlwind, U.S. Inf. twister, cyclone; gale, wind, blast, blow, windstorm.
bloat, v. swell, puff out or up, balloon, inflate, Obs. sufflate, pump up; expand, distend, stretch, dilate, spread out, fill up or out, round out; enlarge, get bigger, grow, gain, increase, pad.
blob, n. 1. globule, drop, droplet, glob, gutta, bubble, dewdrop, pearl, tear; bead, spherule, spheroid, oval; pellet, ball, shot, pea, pill; lump, mass, dab, particle, dash, speck, dot, iota.
2. spot, mark, splotch, splash, dash, daub; stain, soil, smutch, blot, blotch, blemish; smudge, smear, dirty mark, finger print.
3. dullard, dolt, dunce, Inf. numskull, dope, booby, Inf. dummy, SI. dumbbell; simpleton, Simple Simon, dimwit, nitwit, halfwit, SI. zombie. See - fool (def. 1). -v. 4. spot, mark, splotch, splash, bespatter; bedaub, daub all over, blot, blotch, blemish; sully, stain, soil, dirty, smutch, begrime; smudge, smear, besmear, smirch.
bloc, n. 1. alliance, coalition, union, league, entente, bund, federation, confederation; syndicate, cartel, combine, machine.
2. council, junta, conclave, assembly, diet, convention; party, faction, ring, group, splinter group, Inf. push, Inf. crew, Inf. gang; set, circle, coterie, clique; cabal, conspiracy, collusion, junto, plot, complot, camarilla, secret group or society,
block, n. 1. chunk, brick, cake, cube, loaf, Inf. hunk; mass, lump, clod, clump, gob, wad; piece, wedge, bar.
2. scaffold, guillotine, maiden.
3. obstacle, obstruction, barrier, barricade, blockade; stop, impediment, hindrance, check, deterrent, hurdle, stumbling block; constraint, restraint, trammel; snag, catch, hitch, rub, drawback, fly in the ointment; congestion, jam, blockage, stoppage; dead end, blind alley, cul-de-sac, impasse.
4. mental block, psychological block, memory obstruction.
5. blockhead, dunce, nincompoop, half-wit. See - blockhead.
-v. 6. obstruct, impede, hinder, deter, bar, blockade, barricade, stand in the way; stop, stay, restrain, constrain, trammel, bridle, retard, frustrate, thwart.
7. fend off, ward off, stave off, beat off; parry, fend, counter.
8. shape, mold, form, fashion, tailor, frame.
9. plan, plan out, lay plans, lay out a plan, lay out, work out, sketch out, map out, hammer out, knock out; outline, delineate, schematize.
blockade, n. 1. siege, besiegement, beleaguerment, investment, encirclement, envelopment, cutting off of supply lines.