gullibility, gullibleness, credulousness, will to believe, blind faith, trustfulness, unsuspiciousness.
trusting, trustful, believing, undoubt-ing, unsuspicious, uncritical, unskeptical, overtrustful, easy of belief, easy, soft; gullible, deceivable, dupable, foolable, deludable, exploitable; naive, unsophisticated, green, born yesterday, Inf.
wet behind the ears,
creed, n.1. tenet, principles, articles, teaching, rule, Eccles.
catechism; doctrine, dogma, canon, formula; axiom, theorem, maxim.
2. sect, religion, denomination, affiliation, cult, fellowship, communion; faith, belief; persuasion, position, leaning, conviction, opinion, view,
1. watercourse, stream, streamlet, brook, brooklet, rivulet, run, runnel, burn, rill, rindle, Dial. crick; channel, strait; branch, tributary.
2. Chiefly British,
inlet, bay, cove, bight, Both Chiefly Scot.
firth, frith; fjord, estuary.
up the creek Slang,
in a predicament, in a bind, in trouble; perplexed, off balance, taken by surprise.
creep, v. 1. crawl, crawl on all fours; squirm, wriggle, wiggle, writhe; worm, inch along, go at a snail's pace, advance slowly, drag oneself along, pull oneself along; trail, lag behind, follow behind.
2. skulk, slink, move stealthily, steal; sneak up on, come up on, come up from behind.
3. cower, crouch, cringe; grovel, Inf.
bootlick, toady, fawn.
4. slip, slide, shift, move, dislocate.
5. make one's flesh creep frighten, scare, terrify, horrify, make one's hair stand on end; repel, repulse, revolt, turn one's stomach.
1. crawling, crawling on all fours; vermicular, squirming, wriggling, wiggling, Zool.
2. slow, dragging, plodding, snail-like, dawdling; lagging, trailing, tardy, dilatory.
3. cowering, crouching, cringing; groveling, reptilian, fawning, obsequious, sycophantish, servile, truckling.
cremate, v. burn, incinerate, consume by fire, reduce to ashes; inurn.
burning, incineration, consumption by fire, reduction to ashes; inurnment,
crematorium, incinerator, pyre, furnace, burning place.
1. demilune, lune, lunette, lunula, meniscus, half-moon; semicircle, half circle, hemicycle; sickle, scythe.
2. sickle-shaped, falcate, falciform, bicorn; lunate, lunar, lunular, lunulate, luniform; curved, bowshaped, convexo-concave; semi-circular, crescentic.
3. increasing, increscent, crescine, growing, waxing,
crest, n.1. comb, cockscomb, Zool.
caruncle, Obs. coxcomb; tuft, cluster, mane, tassel, top-knot; panache, plume, pompon.
2. spine, chine, fin, spinal or
vertebral column, Anat. backbone; protuberance, projection, excrescence, outgrowth, bulge, bump, swelling, Anat.
knot, Anat. promontory.
3. regalia, regale, badge, emblem, device, arms, Heraldry.
armory; symbol, design, ornament, ornamentation, embellishment, adornment, decoration, garnish, trim.
4. head, pate, Anat.
sinciput, skull, poll, Inf.