2. enliven, invigorate, energize, fortify, strengthen; encourage, inspire, inspirit, buoy, hearten, enhearten, embolden; elate, gladden, cheer, brighten, perk up, lighten, Inf. pep up, Inf. buck up; delight, exhilarate,
liver, n. resident, inhabitant, dweller, resider, Law. commorant; abider, sojourner; habitant, denizen, occupier, occupant, incumbent, tenant; lodger, renter, boarder, roomer, paying guest; householder, homesteader, lessee; villager, citizen, townsman, oppidan, burgher, burgess; indigene, native, compatriot, autochthon.
liverish, adj. 1. jaundiced, yellow, yellowed, yellowish, yellow-faced, yellow-tinged, yellow-skinned; sallow, sickly, pale, wan.
2. bilious, atrabilious, spleeny, spleenful; bitter, sour, soured, Inf. sour as a crab apple; disagreeable, crabbed, crabby, cranky, grumpy, grouchy; surly, nasty, rude, testy, touchy, thin-skinned, irritable, choleric, irascible; sullen, sulky, morose, moody, saturnine; gloomy, melancholy, depressed, despondent, dismal, doleful, glum, dispirited.
livery, n. uniform, regalia, regimentals, costume, suit, habit, dress; garb, clothing, clothes, attire, apparel; raiment, garments, vestments, Inf. gear, Inf. togs, SI. rags, SI. threads; ensemble, outfit, Inf. get-up.
livestock, n. domestic animals, farm animals, stock; herds, droves, flocks; cattle, cows, neat, Archaic, kine; horses, sheep, goats, pigs.
live wire, Slang, n. dynamo, hustler, pusher, demon, hard-worker, go-getter, Inf. eager beaver; man of action, powerhouse, Inf. fireball, Inf. ball of fire, SI. hot one, SI. hot ticket; Inf. busy bee, doer, Stakhanov-ite, overdoer, workaholic, workhorse.
livid, adj. 1. discolored, bruised, black and blue, purplish, bluish, Pathol, cyanopathic; dull blue, grayish-blue.
2. enraged, infuriated, furious, furibund, fuming, inflamed, ireful, wrathful.
3. pale, blanched, ashen, ashy, white; bloodless, drained, ghastly.
living, adj. 1. alive, live, vital, breathing, viable. See - live1 (def. 1).
2. still in use, current, latest, up-to-date; in the air, at hand, at issue; active, happening, going on, in the wind; prevailing, prevalent, in question.
3. active, strong, lively, vigorous; energetic, dynamic, spirited.
4. glowing, burning, smoldering; alight, aflame, flaming, inflamed, ignited, igneous, fiery, blazing, ablaze, afire; aglow, incandescent, candent, white-hot, red-hot.
5. (usu. of water) moving, flowing, fluent, profluent; streaming, coursing, rushing, swirling, circulating, revolving, fluctuating.
6. natural, native, indigenous, original.
-n. 7. being, existing, existence, subsisting, subsistence; animation, vitality, activity, breathing, respiring, walking the earth.
8. livelihood, maintenance, subsistence; occupation,
profession, career. See - livelihood (defs. 1, 2).
living room, n. parlor, sitting room, front room, drawing room, salon; family room, Inf. rec room, rumpus room, game room.
lizard, n. saurian, reptile, iguanid, iguana, gecko, skink, chameleon; crocodile, alligator, Gila monster, dinosaur.