nullity, n. 1. nothingness, nihility, existenceless-ness, Fr. nkant; unreality, nonreality, unactuality, inexistence, insubstantiality, incorporeality, incorporeity; immateriality, imponderability, nothing, impalpability, intangibility; void, vacuity, vacuum, blank, space, emptiness, infinity; absence, nowhere-ness, nonpresence, vacancy, nonoccupancy; abeyance, voidance, invalidity, neutrality.
2. insignificance, triviality, frivolity, unimportance, valuelessness, inconsequentiality; worthlessness, emptiness, nugacity, superficiality, pointlessness; futility, aimlessness, purposelessness; inconsiderableness, inappreciableness, smallness, meagerness, diminutiveness, infinitesimalness; meaninglessness, insignificancy, senselessness, inanity, nonsensicality; trivia, details, fiddle-faddle, red tape, air; trifling, dalliance, inessential, no great matter, mere nothing, technicality, no great shakes, no big thing.
numb, adj. 1. sensationless, feelingness, insensate; senseless, insentient, unperceiving; dazed, in shock, anesthetized, drugged, paralyzed.
2. callous, insensitive, thickskinned; unimpressionable, inured, hardened, hard, casehardened; unemotional, apathetic, uninterested, uncaring, insouciant; inattentive, Inf. tuned out, blind or deaf to things, dispassionate; insusceptible, lethargic, spiritless, imperturbable.
3. dull, obtuse, witless, dumb, unreasoning, mindless, addlebrained, Inf. out to lunch; slow-witted, Inf. slow on the uptake, slow to comprehend; insensible, unaware, inappreciative.
-v.4. deaden, obtund, hebetate, dull; drug, anesthetize, chloroform, Inf. give a shot, paralyze, stun; torpify, Inf. put to sleep, Inf. put under, hypnotize, mesmerize, stupefy; chill, freeze, glaciate.
number, n. 1. sum, summation, total, aggregate, count; tally, score, tale, reckoning, gross, gross amount, whole bill; amount, quantity, product; power, exponent, progression; subtrahend, quotient, difference.
2. numeral, digit. See - numeral.
3. edition, issue, single issue, impression, imprint, print; printing, volume, copy, folio, first edition, later edition, incunabulum.
4. numbers plurality, multitude, quantities; pre-ponderancy, infinite number; Inf. raft, Inf. slew, Inf. thousand and one, Inf. oodles, Inf. scads, scores; array, bevy, galaxy, troop, legion, host, army, mob, crowd, party; Inf. loads, bags, tons, barrels, flocks, bunches, no end of; a tidy sum, Inf. a passel; swarm, herd, drove, litter.
5. numbers pool or
game lottery, state lottery, racing lottery, gambling, U.S. policy.
6. do a number on Slang, gull, deceive, take in, put on an act for, Inf. put on; sail under false colors, pull the wool over the eyes of, put one over on; defraud, cheat, rook, bilk, swindle, Inf. flimflam; Inf. fast-talk, Sl. snow, seduce, beguile; betray, double-cross, Sl. shaft.
7. without number innumerable, many, very many, myriad, untold. See - numberless.