1. Mix 1 teaspoon honey with ½ teaspoon cinnamon (dalchini) powder and have at night before going to bed.
2. Boil carom seeds (ajwain) in water and inhale the steam.
3. Boil 8-10 flakes of garlic (lasan) in ½ cup of milk. Have this every night. Gives excellent results in early stages of asthma.
4. Add a handful of drumstick leaves (sahijan) to 1 cup water. Boil. Simmer on loflame for 3-4 minutes. Cool and strain. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Have every day, once or twice a day.
5. wAn expectorant and a very effective remedy for asthma is prepared by boiling 6 cloves (laung) in 3 tablespoons of water. Take 1 teaspoon of this decoction with a little honey, thrice daily.
6. Mix ¼ teaspoon asafetida (hing), 2 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon juice from betel leaf (paan ka patta), ½ teaspoon white onion juice. Have it 2-3 times a day. To take out juice from betel leaf, Clove flowers crush to a paste and squeeze through a clean muslin cloth. For onion juice, grate the onion and squeeze through a clean muslin cloth.
7. Mix equal amounts of fresh ginger (adrak) juice, honey & pomegranate (anaar) juice. Take 1 tablespoon, 1-2 times a day.
8. Figs (anjeer) are known to give relief by draining the phlegm (balgam). Take 3-4 dry figs, wash them well with warm water. Soak overnight in a cup of water. Eat them first thing in the morning and also drink the water. Do this for at least 2 months.