3. committed, engaged, pledged, concerned, dedicated, engagd; immersed, submerged, intent on, Sl. into; absorbed, engrossed, rapt, preoccupied, held,
involvement, n. 1. entanglement, tanglement, convolution, involution, circumvolution; enmeshment, embarrassment, embranglement; complexity, intricacy, complication, perplexity; imbroglio, quandary, dilemma, embroilment; confusion, wilderness, jungle; stew, commixture, immixture, blend, intermixture; admixture, combination, hodgepodge, farrago, jumble. 2. commitment, responsibility, engagement, concernment, dedication; implication, interest, association, connection.
invulnerability, n. 1. indestructibility, indestructibleness, undestroyability, undestroyableness, imperishability, imperishableness, nonperishability, nonperish-ableness, unwoundability, unwoundableness, Obs., Rare, imperdibility, Obs., Rare, imperdibleness.
2. invincibility, invincibleness, unconquerability, unconquerableness, impregnability, impregnableness, impenetrability, impenetrableness, inviolability, inviolableness, inexpugnability, inexpugnableness, unas-sailability, unassailableness, unattackability, unattack-ableness, insuperability, insuperableness, insurmountability, insurmountableness, incontestability, incontestableness, undefeatability, undefeatableness; formidableness, powerfulness, mightiness; tenability, tenableness, security, secureness, safety, safeness.
invulnerable, adj. 1. indestructible, undestroyable, imperishable, nonperishable, unwoundable, Obs., Rare, imperdible.
2. invincible, unconquerable, impenetrable, inviolable, inexpugnable; unassailable, unattackable, insuperable, insurmountable, incontestable, undefeatable, unbeatable; formidable, powerful, mighty; bulletproof, bombproof, shellproof; tenable, secure, safe, safe and sound.
inward, inwards, adv. 1. within, inside, toward the inside, interiorly, internally, Chiefly Literary, inly, inwardly.
-adj. 2. interior, internal, inside, inner, inmost, innermost.
3. mental, psychological, spiritual, psychic.
4. private, privy, personal, intimate, confidential, special, secret, hidden.
-n. 5. inside, interior, inner part.
6. inwards entrails, innards, intestines, viscera, bowels, guts, insides, internals.
inwardly, adv. 1. internally, interiorly, Chiefly Literary, inly, inside, within, inward; mentally, psychologically, psychically, spiritually.
2. privately, privily, personally, intimately, confidentially, secretly, to oneself.
iota, n. bit, mite, speck, smidgen, Inf. smitch, molecule, atom, jot, whit, tittle; dot, point, dab, fleck, speck; particle, moit, mote; fraction, hair, shaving, paring, sliver, shive, splinter, flake, scale, fragment, shard; morsel, crumb, grain, granule; trace, touch, hint, trifle, tinge, suggestion, suspicion, soupgon, tincture, Archaic, spice, shadow; spark, scintilla, gleam; drop, droplet, dash.
irascibility, n. testiness, touchiness, thin-skinnedness, irritability, edginess, hastiness, short fuse; chol-er, pepperiness, spleen, gall, bile, ill temper, bad temper, ill nature, ill humor; tartness, acerbity, asperity, acrimony, bitterness, harshness; crankiness, grouchiness, crabbiness, crabbedness, gruffness, moodiness, crotchetiness; crossness, surliness, churlishness, snappishness, waspishness, petulance, peevishness, huffishness, huffiness, captiousness; cantankerousness, querulousness, quarrelsomeness, contentiousness; anger, belligerence, pugnacity, volatileness, fieriness.