deranged, adj. 1. disordered, disarranged, disorganized, disjointed, disarrayed; misarranged, out of place, misplaced, displaced, dislocated; disheveled, rumpled, ruffled, tousled; upset, topsy-turvy, messy; cluttered, littered; jumbled, muddled, entangled.
2. incapacitated, indisposed; weakened, devitalized, disabled; enfeebled, debilitated.
3. unsettled, discomposed, perturbed, disconcerted; agitated, distressed, disturbed, troubled; confused, confounded.
4. insane, crazy, crazed, mad, lunatic, lunatical, demented; of unsound mind, Latin, non compos mentis, mentally ill; psychotic, schizophrenic, SI. schizo; daft, Inf. daffy, unbalanced, touched, Inf. unglued, Inf. half-baked, Brit. SI. bonkers, unhinged, distracted; dazed, moon-struck, possessed, infatuated; odd, peculiar, queer, bizarre, Chiefly Brit. Inf. potty, Inf. dotty, Inf. crackpot; brainsick, SI. kooky, SI. meshuga; All SI. balmy, dippy, batty, bats, cuckoo, buggy, bughouse, bugs, screwy, wacky, wacko, goofy, loony, squirrelly, bananas, nuts, nutty, nutty as a fruitcake.
5. out of one's head or mind or senses or wits, Scot. redwood, SI. loco, made as a hatter, mad as a March hare, far-gone, stark raving mad; not all there, not quite right, not right upstairs; Inf. out in left field, SI. in outer space, SI. in orbit, Inf. off the wall; Inf. cracked, Inf. mental, SI. off one's rocker, SI. out of one's tree, SI. off one's trolley, Brit. SI. off one's chump; All SI. have bats in one's belfry, have a few buttons missing, have a few loose screws.
6. maniacal, hysterical, madding, Archaic, wood, delirious; frantic, frenzied, frenetic; ranting, raving, storming, foaming at the mouth, convulsing; beside oneself, at one's wit's end; out of control, uncontrollable, unrestrainable, corybantic, Inf. haywire, berserk, rabid; wild violent, fierce.
7. absurd, silly, inane, fatuous, crackbrained, foolish; irrational, wild-eyed, illogical, unreasonable; senseless, nonsensical, pointless; ridiculous, laughable, ludicrous; asinine, anserine, idiotic, Inf. moronic, im-becilic; childish, puerile, immature.
8. stupid, simple-minded, birdbrained, feebleminded, dull-witted; harebrained, light-minded, lightheaded, giddy; scatterbrained, absent-minded; confused, muddled, bemused.
derangement, n. 1. disarrangement, disorder, disorganization, disarray; upset, muss, mess; misarrange-ment, misplacement, displacement, dislocation.
2. incapacitation, weakening, devitalization, disablement, invalidation; enfeeblement, debilitation.
3. discomposure, perturbation, disconcertion, disconcertment; agitation, distress, disturbance, trouble, confusion.
4. insanity, insaneness, madness, lunacy, Psychiatry. dementia, dementedness; distraction, disorientation, unbalance, unsoundness; mental illness, loss of reason, unsound mind, diseased mind; craziness, SI. kookiness, Inf. nuttiness, daftness, brainsickness; infatuation, possession; eccentricity, oddness, queerness; All SI. balminess, bugginess, screwiness, wackiness, goofiness.