freckle, n. Med.
lentigo; blemish, mark, spot, speck,
free, adj.1. independent, self-governed, self-governing, self-directing, inner-directed; sovereign, autonomous, unsubject, uncolonial; enfranchised, freeborn.
2. unconfined, at liberty, at large, loose, on the loose; freed, liberated, released, let out, let go; emancipated, manumitted, unenslaved, enfranchised; ransomed, delivered, rescued, saved; unensnared, Inf.off the hook, unentangled, in the clear, unencumbered, scot-free.
3. at leisure, idle, not busy; unengaged, unoccupied, not tied down orup.
4. unbound, untied, unchained, unshackled, unfettered, untrammeled; unimpeded, unhampered, unbridled, unrestrained, uncurbed, unmuzzled; unregulated, ungoverned, unrestricted, laissez-faire, no-holds-barred, catch-as-catch-can; rampant, wild.
5. voluntary, unforced, uncoerced, uncompelled; spontaneous, unprompted, unbidden, unasked for, unsolicited; absolute, unqualified, unconditioned, unconditional, no-strings-attached.
6. clear of, devoid of, destitute of, lacking, wanting, deficient in; without, sans.
7. exempted, exempt from, released, excepted; relieved of, rid of, immune from, safe from, not liable.
8. open, empty, void; vacant, available, unclaimed, untaken, Inf.up for grabs; unoccupied, untenanted, tenantless, uninhabited.
9. uninhibited, relaxed, informal, unceremonious, casual, familiar, free and easy; unreserved, unconstrained, natural, artless, ingenuous; open, candid, frank, sincere, outspoken, free-spoken.
10. overfamiliar, presumptuous, assuming, arrogant; forward, aggressive, Inf.pushy, assertive; impudent, cocky, bold, brash, audacious.
11. morally loose, wanton, licentious, debauched, dissipated, dissolute, profligate, promiscuous; indecent, immoral, improper; intemperate, immoderate, incontinent.
12. munificent, generous, liberal, lavish, prodigal, charitable, unstinting, open-handed, free-handed, free-hearted, giving; profuse, immoderate, extravagant, copious, unstinted, bountiful, bounteous; handsome, considerable, ample.
13. gratuitous, gratis, Inf.on the house. See (def.
14. freely, openly; copiously; independently. See - freely.
15. without cost, free of charge, gratis, gratuitously, Inf.on the house, Inf.for free, for nothing, at no cost. -v. 16. release, let go, set at liberty; liberate, emancipate, manumit, disenthrall, decolonize; disprison, parole, discharge, furlough; acquit, exonerate, clear, absolve, exculpate, vindicate.
17. loose, cut loose, set loose, let loose, turn loose; untie, unbind, unfetter, unshackle, unchain, unmanacle; disengage, disencumber, disentangle, extricate; deliver, ransom, redeem, rescue, save.
18. exempt, except, make an exception of, privilege, excuse; relieve, rid; (both usu. of government restrictions)
freebooter, n.1. pirate, viking, corsair, buccaneer, rapparee, privateer; highwayman, footpad, SI.yegg or yeggman, bandit, bravo, Sp. bandolero, Southwest U.S.
bushranger, brigand, picaroon, desperado, outlaw.
2. pillager, plunderer, marauder, despoiler, depredator, vandal; predator, ransacker, sacker, looter, rifler, forager, raider, robber.
freedom, n.1. liberty, autonomy, sovereignty; independence, self-determination, self-direction, selfgovernment.