3. quash, crush, subdue, quell, stifle, suppress, squelch, vanquish, squash; cut short, shoot down, Inf. cook one's goose, Inf. put the kibosh on, nip, nip in the bud; terminate, check, put an end to, dissolve, stop; overthrow, overwhelm, overturn, overcome; subvert, topple, cause the downfall of, upset, defeat, conquer; damn, seal the doom of, curse; annihilate, discreate, exterminate, extirpate.
4. erase, efface, eradicate, expunge, obliterate; blot out, sponge out, wipe out, rub out, cancel, strike out; scratch out, blue-pencil, delete, Print, dele, x out, cross out, mark off.
5. undo, unmake, unbuild, dismantle, disassemble, take apart.
6. kill, kill off, slay, slaughter, end, put an end to, make an end of, bring an end to; murder, sacrifice, dispose of, finish, finish off, SI. do in, SI. zap; assassinate, get rid of, mow down, do away with, put out of the way, Inf. wipe out, remove, massacre, liquidate, decimate; extinguish, quench, snuff out, put out, stamp out, smother, stifle, choke; devour, swallow up, consume, eat away; drown, strangle, set fire to, shipwreck, submerge, shoot, garrote, hang, knife, decapitate.
7. annul, nullify, disannul, declare null and void, render null and void, void, avoid; quash, invalidate, vitiate, vacate, disenact, disestablish; cancel, discharge; supersede, set aside; repeal, revoke, rescind, reverse, abrogate, abolish; suspend, Law. nol-pros, stop, discontinue, break off, countermand, counterorder, override, overrule; veto, negate.
8. disprove, refute, confute, rebut; dispute, deny, oppose, controvert, counter; contradict, belie, negate; overturn, overthrow, subvert; expose, reveal, unmask; discredit, disparage, demean, debase.
9. weaken, undermine, enfeeble, debilitate; enervate, exhaust, sap, devitalize; disable, cripple, paralyze.
10. neutralize, frustrate; counterpoise, counterbalance, counteract, overbalance, outweigh.
destroyer, n. 1. demolisher, desolator, despoiler; wrecker, mutilator; robber, plunderer, ransacker, vandal; effacer, eliminator, eradicator, expunger.
2. annihilator, exterminator, killer, slayer, man-slayer, slaughterer, dealer of destruction; murderer, Cain, assassinator, assassin, cutthroat, strangler, butcher, poisoner; executioner, gunman, hangman, decapitator, guillotiner, lyncher, Inf. hatchet man, SI. hit man; incendiary, arsonist.
3. savage, cannibal, barbarian, Goth, Hun.
4. iconoclast, nihilist, anarchist.
5. plague, pestilence, epidemic, pandemic, scourge; explosive, submarine, warship, torpedo, bomb.
destruction, n. 1. demolition, wipe-out, pulverization, wrecking, wreckage, rack and ruin; razing, gutting, felling, prostration, leveling; pulling down, tearing down, taking down, bringing down, breaking down, throwing down, casting down, beating down, knocking down; shattering, crashing, crack-up, collision, smashing, battering, breaking; fracture, splintering, tear, crack, split, rending, tearing apart, wrenching apart; explosion, (of a rocket) destruct, burst, ful-mination, implosion, blast; mutilation, laceration, damage, spoil, marking, spotting, stain; disfigurement, scarring, defacement, blemish.
2. devastation, desolation, ravagement, havoc, holocaust, ruination; despoilment, robbing, spoliation, plundering, depredation, pillage, gutting, ransacking; vandalism, vandalizing, wasting, SI. trashing.
3. quashing, crushing, quelling, subduing, stifling, suppression, squelching, vanquishment, squashing; cutting short, shooting down, Inf. putting the kibosh on, nipping, nipping in the bud; termination, checking, putting an end to, dissolution, stopping; overthrow, overturning, overwhelming, overcoming; subversion, toppling, upsetting, defeat, conquering; damnation, sealing the doom of, cursing; annihilation, discreation, extermination, extirpation.