negligible, unimportant, of little or small importance, of no importance, of no great importance, inconsequential, of little or no consequence, insignificant, of no significance, inconsiderable, inappreciable, of no concern, of no matter, of no account; irrelevant, immaterial, inapplicable, inapt, unconnected, inapposite, inconsequent, beside the point or mark, beside the question, off the subject.
2. extrinsic, extrinsical, extraneous, external, incidental, adventitious; extra, additional, supplementary, supplemental, adscititious; subsidiary, subordinate, secondary, accessory, collateral; circumstantial, contingent, conditional, provisional, dependent.
3. meager, paltry, puny; petty, trivial, trifling; little, small, minute, SI. dinky; bush-league, Inf. small-time,
SI. two-bit, SI. small potatoes. -n. 4. nonessential, inessential, accidental; secondary, subsidiary, auxiliary, supplement; appendage, appurtenance, addition, addendum. unethical, adj. unprincipled, immoral, unconscionable, unscrupulous, unprofessional; wrong, illegal, unlawful, lawless, illegitimate; dishonest, deceitful, crooked, under-the-table; foul, unsportsmanlike, below-the-belt, SI. dirty, underhand, underhanded; questionable, Inf. shady; bad, sinful, dishonorable, disreputable, discreditable; perverted, warped, debauched; corrupt, depraved, reprobate, unredeemable; wicked, evil, iniquitous; unfair, unjust, inequitable; mean, vicious, unkind, uncompassionate. uneven, adj. 1. rough, rugged, hubbly, not level, not flat; coarse, unsmooth, unpolished, rough-hewn, rough-grained; jagged, broken, abrupt; gnarled, lumpy.
2. irregular, varying, not uniform; dissimilar, differing, unmatched, unequal, odd.
3. unfair, not equitable, one-sided; (usu. racially) imbalanced.
4. unbalanced, asymmetrical, not parallel, lopsided, ill-matched, top-heavy. uneventful, adj. monotonous, humdrum, routine, smooth, unvaried, undiversified, all the same, uniform; usual, customary, normal, average, expected, regular; standard, cut-and-dried, unexceptional; dull, tedious, tiresome, boring, boresome, wearisome; prosaic, prosy, matter-of-fact, uninteresting, unimpressive, ho-hum,
SI. dead, dry, dry-as-dust, unexciting, uninspiring, dreary, heavy; ordinary, run-of-the-mill, common, commonplace, everyday, familiar, conventional; unvarying, unchanging, undeviating, repetitious; banausic, mechanical, practical. unexacting, adj. 1. easygoing, relaxed, Inf. laid-back, casual, placid, cool, unruffled, Inf. together; calm, carefree, unconcerned, careless, nonchalant, happy-go-lucky, cheerful; unconfined, unconfining, unconstraining, unrestricting.
2. patient, tolerant, understanding, uncritical, accepting; loose, lax, soft; unstrict, undemanding, nonrestric-tive; permissive, lenient, overpermissive, overindul-gent, easy, Inf. wishy-washy, weak. unexampled, adj. unprecedented, unparalleled, unequaled, unmatched, unheard-of; unusual, uncommon, unique, incomparable, one of a kind, special, singular, individual, distinctive, different, recherchd; out-of-the-ordinary, unconventional, unorthodox, novel, new; rare, unwonted, uncustomary, unfamiliar, out-of-the-way; atypical, anomalous; first, original, premier; archetypal, prototypal, prototypical, pro-totypic.