reprehensible, adj. reproachable, reprovable, re-bukable, condemnable, blameworthy, blamable, censurable; delinquent, felonious, amiss, penitentiary, transgressive; culpable, guilty, criminal, unlawful, illegal, illicit, illegitimate, lawless; sinful, peccant, peccable, erring, errant; wicked, reprobate, iniquitous, nefarious, villainous, heinous, flagitious; shameful, disgraceful, opprobrious, discreditable, disreputable, dishonorable, ignoble; objectionable, unpardonable, unforgivable, inexpiable, indefensible, unjustifiable, inexcusable.
represent, v. 1. exemplify, stand for, symbolize; serve as an example of, be a sample or specimem of; illustrate, epitomize, embody, personify, typify; be a case or an instance of, give an idea of; be regarded as, be the equivalent of.
2. express, designate, depict, illustrate; delineate, draw, paint, Archaic, limn; sketch, trace, reproduce; describe, characterize, define, depict; outline verbally, set forth in words, verbalize; narrate, relate, recite, recount, romance; record, chronicle, preserve for the ages.
3. stand for, replace, act for; be deputy for, be spokesman for, negotiate for, transact business for; substitute for, be ambassador for, be envoy for, be legate or messenger for, go in someone's place, act vicariously, be the authorized agent for, have someone's proxy or vote.
4. present, produce, bring forward, set forth; bring before the public, put on, put on for the public, display, exhibit, bring out, put on the stage, stage.
5. personate, perform as, portray, impersonate, assume the guise of, appear as, pretend to be; take the part or place of, assume the role or character of, do a study or characterization of, masquerade as, mask oneself as, represent oneself as; ape, take off on, do an impression of, mimic, parody, caricature, burlesque; monkey, parrot, simulate, SI. make like.
6. correspond to, be the equivalent of, mirror, be the counterpart of; copy, duplicate, be a facsimile of, be the parallel of, be analogous to.
representation, n. 1. depiction, illustration, likeness, semblance, similitude, icon, simulacrum, depict-ment; portrait, painting, drawing, engraving, sketch; photograph, daguerreotype, Inf. photo, snapshot, Inf. snap, Inf. candid; X-ray, radiogram, fluoroscope; image, reflection, shadow, silhouette.
2. facsimile, exact copy, replica, reproduction; reprint, imitation, counterpart, ditto; model, statue, statuette, figurine, bust, head; effigy, waxwork, marionette, puppet, manikin; architect's model, shipbuilder's model, diagram, blueprint, plans.
3. play, skit; drama; burlesque, parody; imitation, impersonation, personification, acting.
4. representatives, delegation, delegates, deputies, embassy, embassy staff, legation; committee, subcommittee; body of delegates, body of deputies.
5. mental image, thought, impression, concept, conception; fancy, romance, illusion; memory, recollection, recall, total recall, Psychol, mneme; remembrance, reminiscence, retrospect.
representations description, account, ex planation, commentary, version; exposition, unfolding, detailing, elaboration; recital, recitation, rehearsal, history of the events; statement, allegation, positive declaration, formal averment; profession, deposition, thesis; justification, plea, excuse, pretext.
7. vicarship, mandate, deputation, delegation, proxy, commission, warrant, authorization, charge, trust.
representative, n. 1. substitute, stand-in, under study, factotum, proxy, consignee; agent, attorney, solicitor, spokesman, spokesperson, Inf. mouthpiece; commissioner, broker, factor, trustee, regent, viceregent; lieutenant, steward, surrogate, vicar, clerk, bailiff; diplomat, plenipotentiary, legate, consul, ambassador; attach^, envoy, messenger, nuncio, emissary, negotiator.