generate, v. 1. beget, sire, father, spawn, procreate; bring into being, bring to life, give life to, call into existence, cause to exist; produce, breed, fructify.
2. originate, invent, innovate, coin; make, fashion, fabricate, frame; design, contrive, devise, develop, construct; shape, form, mold, forge; imagine, conceive, Inf. dream up, Inf. hatch; visualize, envisage, evolve.
3. create, found, institute, establish, initiate, give rise to, occasion, break ground, sow the seeds of; generate, spread around, proliferate, propagate.
4. engender, bring about, arrange, inaugurate, start, effectuate, launch, incept; Inf. start the ball rolling, Inf. take the first step, Inf. make the first move.
generation, n. 1. procreation, siring, fathering, breeding, giving birth, propagation, fecundation, proliferation; spontaneous generation, Biol, abiogenesis, Biol, parthenogenesis.
2. creation, origination, invention, innovation; beginning, start, inception, genesis, engenderment; embodiment, formulation; establishment, constitution, institution.
3. formation, development, production, construction, fabrication; design, contrivance, conception.
4. progeny, issue, offspring, offshoot, seed.
5. era, age, time or times, day or days, epoch; lifespan, span, lifetime.
generic, adj. 1. common, general, collective; all-inclusive, all-encompassing, comprehensive, sweeping, extensive, blanket.
2. nonexclusive, not specific, unlabeled, unregistered.
generosity, n. 1. bounteousness, munificence, open-handedness, lavishness, liberality, beneficence, bounty.
2. goodness, nobleness, good will, benevolence, bigheartedness; high-mindedness, unselfishness, altruism, humanitarianism; magnanimity, disinterestedness, charity, charitableness.
3. giving, gift, present, donation, grant, gratuity; good turn, good deed, benefaction, largess.
4. largeness, fullness, amplitude, abundance, plenty, full measure; plenitude, sufficiency, repletion, plethora.
generous, adj. 1. bountiful, munificent, charitable, benevolent, beneficent, magnanimous, liberal, open-handed; large-hearted, big-hearted.
2. altruistic, philanthropic, humanitarian, humane, public-spirited, other-directed, unselfish, disinterested; kindhearted, kind, good, noble, honorable.
3. lavish, unrestricted, unstinted, free-handed, ungrudging, extravagant, effusive, prodigal; obliging, accommodating, considerate, cordial, hospitable.
4. abundant, bounteous, rich, copious, overflowing, plentiful, ample.
genial, adj. 1. amiable, good-humored, good-natured, pleasant; cordial, cheerful, courteous, polite; agreeable, willing, well-disposed, amenable; friendly, amicable, congenial, neighborly, sociable, hospitable; kind, kindly, Scot. couthie, complaisant, sympathetic, understanding; gracious, benign, generous; happy, cheery, smiling, sunny, optimistic; merry, jovial, jolly, mirthful, gay, light-hearted, joyous.
2. temperate, clement, fair, mild, gentle, pleasant; good, nice, warm, sunny; balmy, soft, soothing; cool, comfortable, refreshing; calm, peaceful, tranquil, halcyon.
geniality, n. 1. cheerfulness, gladness, gayness, gaiety; blitheness, blithesomeness, light-heartedness, buoyancy, optimism, sunniness; sprightliness, liveliness, vivaciousness, animation; happiness, felicity, blissfulness; joyfulness, joy, jubilance, jubilancy.