4. glow, afterglow, faint gleam or glare, shine; luster, gloss, sheen, iridescence, incandescence, phosphorescence, radiance; brilliance, illumination; luminosity, luminance; refulgence, refulgency, refulgentness, effulgence; beam, ray, shaft, streak, patch, subdued or tremulous light, glitter, v. 1. glint, glimmer, glisten, Archaic, glister; shine, sparkle, twinkle, light, spark, scintillate; flicker, blink, wink, flutter; quiver, shiver, ripple; shimmer, dance, dazzle, bedazzle; flash, flare, fulgurate, gleam, glare, coruscate; brighten, illuminate, illumine, make lustrous or radiant.
2. flaunt, show off, put on a show, Inf. put on the dog; exhibit, disport, air, display ostentatiously; parade, swagger, strut, swashbuckle. -n. 3. glint, glimmer, glistening, glister, glistering, twinkling; shining, sparkling, spark, scintillation, scintilla; flickering, fluttering, quivering, shivering, rippling; shimmering, dancing, dazzling, bedazzling; flash, flare, fulguration, gleam, glare, coruscation; illumination, glow, radiance, incandescence, phosphorescence, iridescence; luster, sheen, gloss, shine, reflected light.
4. showiness, flauntiness, floridness, showy splendor, pomp, pomposity, pompousness, fanfare, Inf. razzle-dazzle; gaudiness, garishness, ostentation, parade, pageantry, spectacle; flashiness, flash, pizzazz, vividness, brightness, gayness, colorfulness; radiance, resplendence, splendor, resplendency, brilliant display or exhibition. gloat, v. 1. relish, enjoy, take great pleasure in, delight in, revel in; rejoice, triumph, glory in, exult, Inf. rub it in, lord it over; boast, crow about, brag, vaunt, talk up.
2. glare, look hard at, stare at, ogle, eye, leer, global, adj. 1. world-wide, universal; extensive, broad, vast, far-reaching, wide-ranging; encyclopedic, comprehensive, all-inclusive, exhaustive, complete, thorough.
2. globular, globulous, globe-shaped, globate, globoid, globose, globelike; spherical, spheroidal, orbicular, orbiculate, round, rounded, rotund, bulbous, bulb-shaped; oval, ovate, oviform, ovoid, egg-shaped; elliptical, ellipsoidal, circular, cyclindrical, cyclin-droid; bell-shaped, campanulate; pear-shaped, pyri-form. globe, n. 1. Usu. the globe the planet earth, the world, terrene, terra, the whole world, the universe.
2. planet, moon, star, heavenly or celestial body, orb.
3. terrestrial globe, celestial globe; map of the world.
4. sphere, ball, orb, round, globoid; globule, spherule, spheroid, oval. globe-trotter, n. jet-setter, world traveler, SI. W.T.; voyager, excursionist, tourist, sight-seer, itinerant, peripatetic, traveler, wayfarer, peregrinator; migrant, gadabout, rambler, rover, wanderer, nomad, gypsy.
globular, adj. global, globulous, globe-shaped, globate, globose. See global (def 2). globule, n. spherule, spheroid, round, ball, oval, bulb, knob; bead, pellet, shot, bullet, marble, pea, pill, pilule; bubble, drop, dewdrop, pearl, tear, teardrop.