fleecy, adj. 1. downy, fleece-like, soft, smooth, la-nuginose, lanuginous, velvety, velutinous; fluffy, feathery, flurry, nappy, shaggy.
2. woolly, lanate, lanose, flocculent, flocky, Bot. floccose.
3. hairy, pubescent, Bot., Entomol. tomentose, Both Bot. villous, villose.
fleer, v. horselaugh, heehaw; mock, deride, taunt, make fun of; ridicule, twit, pull [s.o.'s] leg; jeer, sneer, scoff, gibe, give [s.o.] the business.
fleet1, n. flotilla, armada, argosy, naval force, task force; squadron, division, Obs. escadrille.
fleet2, adj. swift, fast, rapid, quick, double-quick, expeditious, speedy; arrowy, winged, cometary, meteoric; agile, nimble, nimble-footed, light-footed, swiftfooted, light of heel,
fleeting, adj. passing, flitting, flying, unenduring, here today-gone tomorrow; transient, transitory, temporary, impermanent; brief, short-lived, momentary; ephemeral, evanescent, vanishing,
fleetness, n. swiftness, rapidity, quickness, speediness; speed, lightning or blazing speed, velocity; expedition, dispatch, promptitude, promptness; agility, nimbleness, nimble-footedness, quick-footedness, light-footedness,
flesh, n. 1. muscle, tissue, fat; meat, beef, mutton, veal, pork; substance, matter, pith, marrow, gist, core.
2. fatness, weight, corpulence, obesity. See - fleshiness.
3. body, materiality, corporeality, corporality, physi-cality; corporeity, Biol, soma, flesh and blood, man.
4. physical nature, animal nature, animality, libido; carnality, sensuality, sensualism, earthiness; voluptuousness, luxuriousness, sybaritism, fleshpots, hedonism.
5. mankind, man, humanity, humankind, womankind, creaturehood; mortality, the living, ourselves, human race, human species, human beings, homo sapiens, earthlings.
6. kin, family, kinship, relatives, relations; kindred, kith and kin, brethren, blood.
7. surface, skin, epidermis, scarfskin, coat, SI. hide, integument.
8. in the flesh present, before one's eyes, in person, here, in front of one.
flesh out fill out, fill, color, give dimension, substantiate, draw out, incorporate, embody.
fleshiness, n. fatness, obesity, obeseness, corpulence, corpulency; pursiness, Inf. avoirdupois, Fr. embonpoint, adiposity, Pathol, adiposis; paunch, potbelly, SI. beer belly, Obs. gorbelly, tubbiness, chubbiness, pudginess, plumpness, chunkiness, paunchiness, stumpiness, lumpiness, dumpiness; roundedness, rotundity, portliness, stoutness, bulkiness,
fleshly, adj. 1. bodily, physical, corporal, corporeal, somatic, incarnate; material, substantial, palpable, tangible.
2. sensual, carnal, erotic, sensuous, hot, earthy; lusty; animal, bestial, beastly, brutish; lustful, lascivious, lecherous, lewd, licentious.
3. worldly, unspiritual, mundane, earthly, terrestrial, secular, lay.