horn of plenty, endless supply; amplitude, ampleness, fullness, plenteousness, plentifulness, bountifulness, copiousness; richness, exuberance, luxuriance, lavishness.
3. excess, surplus, surfeit, oversupply, overflow, nimiety, superfluity; glut, plethora, overabundance, supersaturation; riot, landslide, bonanza, flood, heap, avalanche, profusion.
4. unrestraint, licentiousness, abandon, wantonness; immoderation, intemperateness, inordinateness, Obs. inordinancy; dissipation, overindulgence, incontinence, incontinency, intemperance. prodigious, adj. 1. tremendous, stupendous, Inf. whopping, Inf. thumping, huge, enormous, immense; monumental, leviathan, colossal, titanic, gigantic, giant, cyclopean, Brobdingnagian; mammoth, masto-donic, monster, gargantuan, Herculean, mighty; vast, far-reaching, extensive, magnitudinous, sweeping, grand, towering, boundless, unlimited; extraordinary, exceptional, out-of-the-ordinary, unusual; unprecedented, unheard-of, unparalleled, nonpareil, rare, singular, uncommon, Latin, sui generis, unique.
2. wonderful, wondrous, marvelous, SI. marvy, fabulous, SI. fab, fantastic, miraculous; terrific, SI. neat, great, SI. swell, Si. super, Inf. nifty; admirable, estimable, striking, impressive; amazing, astounding, mystifying, astonishing, flabbergasting, SI. mind-blowing, dumfounding, staggering; remarkable, noteworthy, renowned; superb, excellent, superior, surpassing, preeminent, overwhelming.
3. abnormal, unnatural, supernatural, outlandish, outrageous, monstrous, teratogenic; grotesque, freakish, freaky, anomalous, incongruous; strange, passing strange, SI. wacky, queer, Inf. funny, SI. far out, SI. too much, SI. off the wall; peculiar, curious, weird, bizarre; indescribable, beyond description, inexpressible, ineffable, unutterable, unspeakable, unnamable; unbelievable, unimaginable, unthinkable; dreadful, frightful, fearful, terrible, appalling, startling, horrible, horrifying. prodigy, n. 1. child genius, wonder child, Ger. Wunderkind, Mozart, SI. Whiz Kid, Inf. quiz kid, Joel Kupperman; genius, Inf. natural-born genius, Inf. brain, Einstein, Inf. wizard, Inf. whiz, mental giant, intellect, intellectual; walking encyclopedia or dictionary, one with a mind like a steel trap; sage, savant; expert, past master, virtuoso, SI. crackerjack.
2. exemplar, paragon, example, model, role model, champion.
3. wonder, wonderment, marvel, phenomenon, miracle, sensation, SI. stunner; rara avis, SI. rare bird, one of a kind, SI. oner, one in a million, jewel without price, rare gem.
4. freak, mutation, Biol, sport, monster, jackalope, curiosity, grotesque, grotesquery, trick of nature, gargoyle; abnormality, anomaly, aberration, peculiarity. produce, v. 1. cause, make, bring about, bring to pass, set off, give rise to; effect, occasion, generate, engender, sow the seeds of; spark, initiate, start.
2. create, compose, originate, invent; turn out, SI. knock out or together, hammer out, SI. slap together; form, formulate, draw up, draft; shape, frame, design, fashion, work out; manufacture, construct, carve, chisel out, weave, fabricate, build.
3. bear, give birth to, give life to, bring forth, bring into the world, bring into being or existence, beget; breed, hatch, whelp, drop, throw.
4. provide, supply, furnish, give, yield, render, afford; deliver, come through as promised, perform as desired; propagate, fructify.
5. bring forward, present, set forth; disclose, make plain, reveal; manifest, bring to light, bring before the public; show, display, exhibit, bring out, put on, put -n. 6. yield, product, production, result, outcome, outgrowth, output; crop, harvest, gatherings, gleanings, return, proceeds.