intend, v. 1. have in mind, have at heart, have ir view; mean, purpose; contemplate, think of, talk of dream of, project, expect; have a mind to, aspire to aim at, drive at, labor for, pursue.
2. plan, propose, design, calculate, devise, scheme: determine, resolve, mean business.
intended, adj. 1. purposed, planned, designed, devised, contrived, calculated; deliberate, intentional, purposeful, meant, willful, volitional, voluntary; premeditated, studious, considered, weighed; preconcerted, prearranged, predesigned, preplanned, preplotted, predevised, precontrived.
2. prospective, future, expected; coming, forthcoming, approaching, at hand.
intense, adj. 1. acute, strong, fierce, severe, harsh; pointed, sharp, keen, cutting, incisive, trenchant, piercing, wounding; caustic, stinging, smarting, acrimonious, acid, mordant; sarcastic, satirical, biting, piquant; tart, bitter, poignant, pungent; concentrated, profound, deep, dark, intensified, consuming; burning, flaming, blazing, flaring, flashing; brilliant, vivid, rich, exquisite.
2. grievous, distressing, harrowing, afflictive; grave, serious, critical; heartbreaking, shocking, heartrending; harmful, hurtful, injurious, invidious; painful, excruciating, agonizing, racking, crushing, torturous; violent, vehement, angry, rancorous, wrathful; malevolent, cruel, malicious, spiteful; waspish, hostile, inimical.
3. earnest, eager, animated, enthusiastic, excited; ardent, zealous, Inf. gung ho, impassioned, passionate; fervent, fervid, perfervid; frenzied, frantic, crazed, mad, Inf. wild; strenuous, energetic, vigorous, rigorous; brisk, dynamic, high-powered, forceful; strong, mighty, potent, puissant; violent, extreme, drastic, excessive; diligent, hard-working, devoted, studious; industrious, busy, active; persevering, sedulous, assiduous, resolute, determined; ambitious, aspiring, up-and-coming, enterprising, pushing, Inf. pushy, aggressive.
4. emotional, emotive, temperamental, high-strung; nervous, tense, excitable, touchy, testy, peppery; spirited, high-spirited, volatile, fiery, hot-headed; heated, feverish, white-hot, inflamed, volcanic; overwrought, upset, hysterical, not rational, head-strong, stubborn; impetuous, impatient, impulsive, hasty; sensitive, feeling, sentient, demonstrative, responsive; sensuous, warm, sentimental, deep-feeling; poignant, touching, moving; transported, rapt, enraptured, rapturous, ecstatic.
intensify, v. 1. sharpen, heighten, deepen, thicken;