insurmountable, adj. 1. insuperable, overwhelming, overpowering, overcoming, overmastering, overmatching; oppressive, burdensome, backbreaking, crushing, demoralizing, defeating.
2. invincible, unconquerable, impenetrable, inviolable, inexpugnable; impregnable, invulnerable, indestructible, undestroyable, imperishable, nonperishable, Obs., Rare, imperdible; unassailable, unattackable, undefeatable, unbeatable; formidable, powerful, mighty; tenable, secure, safe, safe and sound; stout, sturdy, strong, solid, stable, staunch, stanch; indomitable, redoubtable, unyielding,
insurrection, n. rebellion, revolt, revolution, insur-gence, insurgency, uprising, rising, outbreak; mutiny, insubordination; sedition, subversion; riot, anarchy, civil disorder, mob-law, street-fighting, fighting in the streets; peasant revolt, jacquerie; Ger. Putsch, coup d'6tat, overthrow, takeover,
insurrectionary, adj. 1. rebellious, insurgent. See - insurgent (def. 2).
-n. 2. rebel, revolutionary. See - insurgent (def. 1). insusceptible, adj. unimpressionable, unimpressible, unsusceptible, unresponsive, unsympathetic, impassive, immovable; insensate, insensible, oblivious, deaf to, dead to; unfeeling, unemotional, emotionless, cold, cool, frigid, icy, cold-hearted, cold-blooded; callous, calloused, insensitive, thickskinned, hard, indurate, inured, hardened, hard-hearted, stony, flinty, steely,
intact, adj. 1. solid, unbroken, unsevered, undivided, uncut, unshorn, unshortened, unabridged, all in one; undiminished, unlessened, unreduced, unabated.
2. sound, unimpaired, undamaged, unharmed, uninjured, unscathed, unmutilated, undecayed, inviolate; unmixed, unmingled, unblended, unalloyed; faultless, flawless, defectless; unblemished, unspotted, untainted, unsullied.
3. unchanged, unaltered, unaffected; uninfluenced unswayed, unmoved, untouched.
4. complete, whole, entire, full, integral, plenary; comprehensive, universal, all-inclusive, all-embracing, inclusive.
intangible, adj. 1. impalpable, untouchable, insubstantial; incorporeal, immaterial, nonmaterial, aso-matous; discarnate, bodiless, disembodied; psychical, spectral, ghostly, supernatural, Inf. spooky, occult; unreal, unworldly, dreamlike.
2. evanescent, fading, fleeting; light, airy, ethereal, shadowy, cloudy, wispy.
3. inappreciable, imperceptible, unperceptible, un-perceivable, microscopic, infinitesimal, minuscule; un-noticeable, unapparent, hardly there.
4. subtle, obscure, vague, tenuous, imponderable; unclear, ambiguous, blurred, fuzzy, clouded, veiled; mysterious, esoteric, recondite, secret.
integral, adj. 1. constituent, component, integrant; inherent, intrinsic, innate; essential, necessary, indispensable, requisite; basic, fundamental, elemental.
2. entire, complete, whole, total, aggregate, comprehensive; unified, integrated, intact; uncut, unabridged, undivided, indivisible, unbroken,
integrate, v. 1. concatenate, articulate, unite, combine, amalgamate, consolidate; blend, homogenize, merge with, melt into; mingle, commingle, cohere.
2. desegregate, abolish Jim Crow, end discrimination, balance racially; open up, open to all, assimilate,
integrated, adj. 1. desegregated, unsegregated, mixed, racially balanced.
2. harmonious, smooth, flowing, concordant; interrelated, interconnected, interlocked, meshed; cohesive, unified.
integration, n. concatenation, articulation; unification, consolidation, amalgamation, commingling, Inf. getting it all together; assimilation, desegregation, integrity, n. 1. uprightness, honesty, probity, rectitude; truthfulness, veracity, candidness, sincerity, forthrightness; trustworthiness, faithfulness; justness, fairness, Inf. square shooting; honor, goodness, decency, morality, moral fiber; conscientiousness, scrupulousness, principle, virtue; courage, intestinal fortitude, SI. guts, backbone.