signal, wave, summons, call; glance, look, wink,
becloud, v. 1. cloud up or over, overcast, gray, darken, get dark, blacken; dim, bedim, fade, pale.
2. obscure, befog, eclipse, cloud, overshadow, adumbrate, cast a gloom over, shadow, shade; conceal, hide, screen, veil, shroud, shield, mask, cover, protect, cloak, curtain; overlay, overspread, blanket, envelop, enwrap, surround, enclose, shut in, close off.
3. confuse, obscure, obfuscate, befog, make indistinct, make unclear or fuzzy; muddle, mix up, bewilder, confound, perplex, puzzle, mystify, nonplus.
become, v. 1. grow into, develop into, pass into, evolve into, ripen into, mature into; change into, turn into, alter into, convert into, transform into; mellow into, wax into; come to be, go, get, turn out to be.
2. happen, occur, come about, come to pass, turn out; befall, chance, Archaic, bechance, hap.
3. suit, fit, grace, enhance, enrich, adorn, garnish, embellish; behoove, befit, beseem.
4. become of happen to, come of, be the fate of.
becoming, adj. 1. comely, attractive, handsome,
Chiefly Dial, gainly, Chiefly U.S. Inf. cute; stylish, fashionable, chic, tasteful.
2. suitable, proper, fit, fitting, apt, appropriate, apposite, meet; decorous, seemly, graceful; right, decent, worthy, befitting; congruous, accordant, concordant, conformable, consistent, in keeping with,
bed, n. 1. bunk, cot, Brit, lair, U.S. Sl. sack, Brit. Sl. kip; pallet, Inf. tick, mattress, sleeping bag, Chiefly Brit, palliasse couch, lounge, chaise longue, recliner, hammock, litter, stretcher; bedstead, bed-frame, four-poster, high-riser, truckle or trundle bed, day bed, platform bed, bunk bed, water bed; crib, cradle, bassinet.
2. sleeping, sleep time, dreamland, land of Nod; good night, Inf. nighty night, Mil. taps.
3. lodging, lodgement, berth, roost, resting place, room, chamber, accommodation; All Mil. billet, quarters, quarterage, barracks or barrack, cantonment, casern or caserne, Sl. the Q; All Mil. camp, encampment, bivouac.
4. marriage, matrimony, wedlock, nuptials, espousal, connubiality, conjugality.
5. plot, grounds, plat, lot, space, Hort. flat; garden, tillage, planting; plants, flowers, foliage, seedlings, growth, Bot. cultivation.
6. base, basis, foundation, matrix, Anat. fundus, Archit. plinth, Archit. socle; groundwork, grounding, footing, support, prop, stand; platform, floor, surface; bottom, substructure, substratum, underneath; basin, channel.
7. layer, stratum, tier, level; band, belt, zone; seam, vein, lode, deposit.
-v. 8. berth, sleep, billet, quarter, encamp; accommodate, make room for, lodge, provide lodging for, house, shelter, roof, put a roof over [s.o.'s] head; keep, have as a guest or lodger, Inf. put up.
9. tuck in, cover up, bed [s.o.] down, put [s.o.] to bed, show to one's room. 10. bottom, ground, found, base; set, fix, settle, establish, set up. 11. embed, inlay, insert, set into, fit into; immerge, immerse, implant, plant, bury, Obs. inter.
12. seduce, entice, allure, lure; take to bed, go to bed with, spend the night with, sleep with, bunk down with.
13. retire, turn in, bed down, Sl. hit the hay, Sl. hit the sack, Sl. sack out; recline, rest, nap, snooze, go to sleep, Sl. conk out. 14. sojourn, roost, spend the night, sleep over, stay, dwell at; room, camp, camp out, bivouac, Inf. bunk.