untie, v. 1. unfasten, undo, disconnect, disjoin, disunite, disengage; unbind, unlace, unstring, Archaic. untruss; unknot, unravel, untwine.
2. release, loose, disenthrall, extricate, free, liberate; set free, set loose, let loose, turn loose, let go, unpen, unmew, disimprison.
3. resolve, settle, solve, figure out, puzzle out, unpuzzle, unriddle, unconfound; find the key, unlock, decipher, decode, Inf. crack; explain, explicate, clear up, make clear or plain; straighten out, unsnarl, disembroil, untangle, disentangle; penetrate, fathom, understand.
untimely, adj. unseasonable, ill-timed, mistimed, anachronous; premature, immature, abortive; inconvenient, inopportune, unfortunate, inapt, malapropos, inexpedient, inapposite, inappropriate; awkward, unsuitable, unbecoming, unbefitting, indecorous, improper, imprudent; infelicitous; out of season, out of place, out of tune, out of keeping; irrelevant, inapplicable.
untiring, adj. indefatigable, unwearying, unfailing, unfaltering; determined, persevering, relentless, unflagging. See - unflagging.
untold, adj. 1. unrelated, unnarrated, unrecounted; unmentioned, unstated, unsaid, unspoken, unexpressed; unimparted, unrevealed, undivulged, undisclosed, unreported, unpublished; unknown, secret, private, hidden.
2. uncounted, unnumbered, unenumerated, unnumerated, countless, innumerable, numberless, myriad, uncountable, more than one can count; infinite, limitless, unlimited, boundless, unbounded, endless, unending, inexhaustible; immeasurable, measureless, incalculable, incomputable, unreckonable, unreckoned, uncomputed, uncom-putable, unfathomable, fathomless, undeterminable, undetermined, indeterminite, indefinite; many, numerous, numerous as grains of sand on the seashore, numerous as stars in the Milky Way, very many, Inf. a lot, Inf. umpteen, SI. skaty-eight, SI. forty-'leven, Inf. more than one could shake a stick at.
3. inexpressible, unspeakable, indescribable, undescribable, unutterable; unimaginable, unthinkable, inconceivable.
untouched, adj. 1. unhandled; untouched by human hands.
2. unexplored, unvisited, undiscovered, unknown, unmapped, uncharted. & uneaten, undrunk, unsampled, untasted; unconsumed, unused, left over.
4. unchanged, pristine, natural, as God intended, as nature intended; unsullied, pure, virginal, virgin; new, brand-new, unused, never used, mint; perfect, flawless, faultless, untarnished, unblemished, untainted, unsullied, unspotted, spotless, stainless, unstained, unmarred, undisfigured, undefaced, unmarked; unruined, unspoiled, undefiled, unpolluted, undirtied, uncontaminated, unadulterated; pure, fresh, clean.
5. undamaged, unharmed, uninjured, unhurt, unscathed, scatheless, unimpaired, unbroken; intact, in one piece, safe and sound, whole, in perfect or mint condition, unscratched, without a scratch.
6. unaffected, unmoved, undisturbed, unstirred, dryeyed, unsympathetic; unimpressed, unconcerned, indifferent, uncaring, apathetic; stoical, stolid, impassive, unfeeling, unemotional, cold-hearted, icy, bloodless, soulless; insensitive, insensible, unresponsive.