dissolute, dissipated, rakish, rakehell; lecherous, lubricous, satyric, satyrical, satyrlike, goatish, SI. horny, Archaic, lickerish; concupiscent, prurient, lustful, libidinous, salacious; ruttish, beastly, bestial, swinish; obscene, lewd, Fescennine, Cyprian, indecent, dirty, foul, indelicate; loose, wanton, wild, profligate, abandoned; promiscuous, whorish, of easy virtue, unchaste, impure; bawdy, ribald, pornographic, smutty, filthy; coarse, gross, crude.
2. lawless, unrestrained, unbridled, unchecked, ungoverned; chaotic, disorderly, disorganized, anarchic, anarchical, nihilist; immoral, dishonest, unprincipled, unscrupulous, Inf. crooked, villainous; nonconforming, deviative, divergent, aberrant, irregular, eccentric, anomalous, unorthodox,
licentiousness, n. libertinism, debauchery, dissoluteness, It. dolce vita, dissipation, profligacy, profligateness; lechery, lewdness, Pathol, satyriasis, goatishness, Pathol, nymphomania; concupiscence, lust, prurience, pruriency; lustfulness, libidinousness, salacity, salaciousness; promiscuity, wantonness, abandon, lawlessness, incontinence, unrestraint,
licit, adj. 1. lawful, legal, constitutional, statutory, by the book; permissible, allowable, admissible; sanctionable, approvable, acceptable; warrantable, au-thorizable.
2. legitimate, SI. legit, vested, rightful, right, valid, sound, well-founded, Inf kosher, Inf. O.K.; permitted, licensed, authorized, warranted, commissioned; enacted, statuable, ordained, prescribed, ordered, decreed, edicted, mandated, judicial,
lick, v. 1. tongue, (all with the tongue) touch lightly, kiss, brush, graze, pass over, lap.
2. lick off, wash, clean, preen, lick clean.
3. lick up, lap up, drink or drink up, suck in or up, take in or up, imbibe.
4. Informal, hit, beat, drub, thrash, Inf. wallop, Inf. whale; flog, lash, switch, birch, whip, strap, belt, spank, Inf. tan [s.o.'s] hide; thwack, Inf. whack, strike, slap, smack, knock or knock around; batter, pound, pummel; beat up, SI. beat to a pulp, SI. pulverize, SI. beat or pound into the ground, SI. beat the stuffing out of [s.o.], SI. clobber, SI. shellac, SI. cream. See - beat (def. 1).
5. Informal, defeat, win over, triumph over, conquer, overpower, overwhelm, overthrow, upset; beat, trounce, rout, vanquish, worst, SI. shellac; crush, trample, SI. do in, do for; quash, put down, quell, subdue, break, master.
6. Informal, outdo, surpass, exceed, excel, do or go [s.o.] one better, top, best; win out over, place first, SI. beat out, outstrip; transcend, overcome, surmount, prevail over, get the better of.
-n. 7. (all of the tongue) stroke, brush, light touch, graze, lap.
8. Informal, blow, stroke, box, thump, rap, cuff, buffet, SI. bop, Inf bat; hit, knock, thwack, Inf. whack, swat, slam, slap, smack. See - bat (def. 2).
9. Informal, speed, Inf. clip, pace, rate, rate of speed.
10. Informal, small amount, bit, dab, spot, trace, speck; mite, smidgen, Inf. smitch, iota, jot, whit, tittle, particle; snatch, scrap, shred, fragment, piece, morsel, crumb, grain, granule.
lickety-split, adv. rapidly, quickly, double-quick, speedily, with great speed, on the wings of the wind; hurriedly, hastily, posthaste; like a shot or bullet, like lightning or a streak of lightning, like a house afire, like blazes, like the devil was after one; at full tilt, at full speed, full speed ahead, in high gear, at a gallop or run, as fast as one's legs can carry one.
licking, n. 1. Informal, beating, drubbing, sound