odium, n. 1. abhorrence, abomination, execration, loathing, detestation; misanthropy, misogyny; scorn, contempt, disdain, despite; acrimony, virulence, rancor, bitterness, resentment, spleen, grudge, bile; aversion, hostility, anitpathy, enmity, inimicalness; animosity, animus, malignity, malevolence, ill will; repugnance, revulsion, repulsion, disgust, distaste; hatred, hate, dislike, disrelish, disfavor, dis-esteem, displeasure, disaffection.
2. reproach, opprobrium; infamy, disrepute, dishonor, disgrace, ignominy, obloquy; ingloriousness, humiliation, shame; degradation, debasement, defilement.
odor, n. 1. smell, scent; aroma, fragrance, perfume, redolence, odoriferousness; bouquet, savor, trail, trace, breath; stink, stench, fetor.
2. character, quality, air, atmosphere, aura, exhalation, emanation, essence, spirit; flavor, complexion, tone.
odoriferous, adj. aromatic, fragrant, sweet-smelling, sweet-scented, scented, essenced, perfumed, balmy, redolent, odorous; spicy, savory, pungent, piquant, ambrosial.
of, prep, from, belonging to, coming from, hailing from; by, produced by; about, in reference to, in respect to, concerning; made of, consisting of, formed of; on the part of.
off, adv. 1. away, out, aside, at a distance, distantly.
-prep. 2. from, away from, out of, out.
-adj. 3. wrong, incorrect, inaccurate, mistaken, in error; misguided, misled; barking up the wrong tree, off base.
4. abnormal, SI. dotty, Inf nutty, SI. flaky, SI. dippy, SI. oddball; offbeat, unconventional, peculiar, eccentric, strange.
5. substandard, subnormal, inferior, not up to par or snuff, irregular.
6. (of time) leisure, non-working, idle, vacation, free, open, unscheduled, discretionary.
7. more distant, farther, further; outlying, faraway, far.
8. get off on enjoy, take pleasure in, take satisfaction in; rejoice in, revel in, SI. groove on; feast on, savor, appreciate, Inf smack one's lips over, eat up; have a good time, Inf. have a ball, Inf. get a bang or kick or boot out of.
offal, n. 1. guts, innards, liver and lights, entrails, gizzards; carrion, putrefying flesh, remains, carcasses.
2. refuse, rubbish, trash, junk, chaff, Yiddish, choz-zerai; garbage, waste, dross, mess, SI. crap, SI. dreck, slush; junk, litter, riffraff, flotsam and jetsam, odds and ends, remnants, scraps; leftovers, lees, sediment, dregs; sweepings, scourings, castoffs, castaways, rejects, discards; debris, detritus.
off-color, adj. 1. risqud, indelicate, indecorous, inelegant; unseemly, improper, inappropriate, indiscreet; racy, salty, spicy, suggestive, broad, not fit for mixed company, unprintable, not for a family newspaper; earthy, SI. raunchy, smutty, dirty, blue, offensive; obscene, indecent, pornographic, X-rated, scabrous.
2. unwell, out of sorts, washed-out, SI. punk, peaked, run-down; poorly, draggy, aching, full of aches and pains, droopy, languid.