rile, Inf.aggravate, Inf.miff, Inf. give [s.o.] a pain, Inf.get under [s.o.'s] skin, Inf.get in [s.o.'s] hair, SI.bug; exasperate, ruffle, roil, put out, get, SI.get [s.o.'s] goat.
7. embitter, exacerbate, gall, rankle, envenom; affront, offend, insult; humiliate, mortify.
8. All Inf.
burn up, do a slow burn, steam, steam up, freak, freak out.
angle1, n.1. intersection, fork, Y, branch, crotch, division, Archaic, divide; bend, curve, crook, turn, twist, hook, elbow, knee; corner, nook, crevice, cranny, recess, niche.
2. viewpoint, standpoint, position, point of view, opinion, feeling, attitude, mind set; slant, approach, SI.pitch, leaning, bias.
3. side, aspect, part, feature, phase, stage.
angle2, v. 1. fish, cast for, Angling,
bob, troll, trawl; net, catch, draw in, hook, ensnare, entrap, capture, take alive.
2. fish, look for, hint at, beg for, try for, aim for, woo; scheme, plot, plan, contrive, devise; bait, lure, attract, decoy, trick, take in; manipulate, handle, manage, take care of.
angler, n.fisherman, fisher, piscator, troller, trawl
er; Izaak Walton.
angry, adj.1. wrathful, wroth, irate, ireful, in censed, horn-mad; enraged, raging, fuming, smoking, infuriated, Rare,
infuriate, furious; livid, Inf.mad as a hornet, Inf.mad as hops, Inf.mad as a wet hen; inflamed, flaming, flaring, flared up, heated, red-hot, white-hot; distraught, overwrought, Inf.fit to be tied; upset, feverish, hysterical, Inf.blue in the face, not rational; violent, unrestrained, uncontrollable; ranting, raving, storming, foaming at the mouth, rabid, fanatical, frenzied; frantic, crazed, Pathol,
delinious, mad, Inf.wild, out of one's mind, beside oneself, SI.freaked out.
2. peeved, annoyed, put out, vexed, irritated; piqued, chafed, galled, riled, nettled; offended, affronted, Inf. sore; SI.ticked off, SI.teed off; displeased, on the outs with, indignant; worked up, Inf.hot under the collar, stirred up, kindled, enkindled; passionate, impassioned, impassionate, over-excited.
3. irritable, cross, surly, snappish, petulant, peevish; testy, SI.uptight, choleric, touchy, huffy, peppery; splenetic, spleenful, bilious, cranky, ill-tempered, Australian.
crook, bad-tempered; irascible, quicktempered, short-tempered, Inf.short-fused; quarrelsome, contentious, belligerent, up in arms, pugnacious, bellicose; volatile, volcanic, explosive, hot-tempered, hot-headed, fiery, inflammable.
4. stormy, violent, strong, savage, tempestuous, turbulent, wild, rough; threatening, restless, agitated, foaming, boiling, seething, raging, howling, roaring; windy, blustering, blustery, gusty, blowing, squally, squallish.
angst, n.dread, terror, fear, fear and trembling, trepidation; apprehension, foreboding, fearfulness, anxiety; malaise, distress, disquietude, solicitude, worry; anguish, agony, suffering, torment, misery, dolor, sorrow, woe.
anguish, n.1. agony, torment, torture; pain, pang, throe, paroxysm; aching, suffering, misery, Archaic. bale, dolor; sorrow, heartache, heartbreak, grief, woe, ruth, sadness.
2. affliction, distress, Med.
angor, disquiet, disquietude; anxiety, angst; remorse, regret, repentance, contrition, penitence, compunction.
-v. 3. torture, torment, agonize, excruciate, wring; pain, injure, wound, hurt, make miserable, scathe, cut