6. distinction, prominence, prestige, eminence, high standing, high rank; regard, esteem, notability, mark, merit; influence, sway, power; fame, renown, celebrity, esteem, popularity.
7. importance, significance, consequence, matter value; account, concern, Archaic, concernment, interest; moment, weight, substance, greatness, magnitude, force.
8. attention, attentiveness, notice, observation, ear; consideration, thought, care, solicitude, caution; respect, regard, mindfulness, Inf. mind; vigilance, watchfulness, guard, devotion.
9. hint, clue, tip, inkling, SI. tip-off, cue; suggestion, idea; intimation, implication, imputation, insinuation, innuendo; suspicion, soupcon, trace, tinge; touch, speck, sprinkling, dash.
10. tone, intonation, tonation, inflection, timbre, pitch, key.
11. compare notes exchange observations or views, share impressions, compare ideas; discuss, parley, powwow.
-v. 12. register, catalogue, chronicle, commit to writing, put on record; record, mark down, put down, make a note of, jot down, set down; write, scribble, scrawl, pencil; make an entry, enter, insert, write in, docket, post.
13. mention, mention in passing, allude, touch upon; cite, refer to, advert to, point to, Dial, signify; hint, suggest, adumbrate; imply, implicate, intimate, insinuate, infer; indicate, point out, point to, designate; make known, reveal, disclose, tell, express, state.
14. annotate, gloss, footnote, interline, interlineate; comment, commentate, remark upon; explain, illustrate, expound.
15. notice, behold, see, detect, take in, look visualize; regard, study, inspect, take stock of; examine, contemplate, pore over, perlustrate; review, check out, overlook, monitor; scan, run the eyes over, Inf. give the once-over; watch, observe, witness; take a look at, have a look-see, give a look, glimpse, glance.
16. pay attention to, lend an ear to, be aware of, be conscious of, give thought to, appreciate; tend to, apply oneself to. notebook, n. record, chronicle, diary, memoir, journal, Fr. journal intime; album, scrapbook, record book, memory book; dossier, Latin, adversaria, commonplace book; yearbook, almanac, annals; registry, register, log, logbook, catalog, ledger, roll, cartulary; schedule, calendar, datebook, engagement book, birthday book, address book; minute book, daybook, Acta; Both Theat. promptbook, playbook. noted, adj. 1. famous, famed, renowned, celebrated, well-known, prominent, Inf. name, Inf. big-name; notable, eminent, preeminent, esteemed, respected, venerable, distinguished, Archaic, eximous; illustrious, great, grand, glorious, radiant, brilliant, lustrous; honored, exalted, acclaimed, much-touted, big-time, on the map, popular, well-liked; immortal, fabled, legendary, historical, memorable.
2. registered, catalogued, chronicled; recorded marked down, put down, jotted down, set down; writ ten, scribbled, scrawled, penciled; posted, entered written in.
3. mentioned, alluded, touched upon; cited, indicated, designated, revealed, disclosed, expressed, stated.
4. noticed, detected, seen, visualized; regarded, studied, examined, reviewed, checked out; watched, observed, witnessed.
More Synonyms ...