chaic. untruss; unhand, ungrip, let go of; extricate, disengage, disunite, disjoin, disconnect, unpin, dissociate; separate, part, divide, sunder, sever, disintegrate, dissolve, break apart or up; loosen, detach, unfix, undo, unfasten, unhook; deregulate, decontrol.
3. announce, advertise, declare, make a statement, proclaim, promulgate, disclose, leak; publish, print, put in the newspaper, broadcast, televise, air; send out, mail out, pass out, hand out, issue, circulate, disseminate, distribute; reveal, unveil, show, display, exhibit; give final approval, give the go-ahead, let fly, let go with.
-n. 4. freedom, freeing, loosing, setting loose, letting loose, turning loose, releasing; acquittal, acquittance, acquitting, compurgation, exculpation, exculpating, clearance, clearing, exoneration, exonerating, vindication, vindicating; dismissal, dismissing, discharge, discharging, letting go, letting off, Inf. letting off the hook; exemption, exempting, immunity, impunity, indemnity, exclusion, exception; liberation, liberty, liberating, enfranchisement; deliverance, delivery, delivering, rescue, rescuing, ransom, ransoming, redemption, redeeming, Both Theol. salvation, saving.
5. disenthrallment, disenthralling, unfettering, unbinding, untying, unbridling, unyoking, unshackling, unchaining; extrication, extricating, disengagement, disengaging, disuniting, disjoining, disconnection, disconnecting, unpinning, dissociation, dissociating; separation, separating, parting, division, dividing, sundering, severance, severing; loosening, detachment, detaching, undoing, unfastening; deregulation, decontrolling.
6. announcement, declaration, proclamation, statement, promulgation, disclosure, disclosing, leak, leaking; publication, 'publishing, printing, broadcasting, airing; issue, issuance, circulation, dissemination, distribution; revealing, unveiling, showing, display, displaying, exhibition, exhibiting; permission, the rights to, final approval, the go-ahead.
7. control, button, Electricity, switch, Machinery. regulator. relegate, v. 1. consign, transfer, send, dispatch, ship, assign, delegate, depute, commission; confide, entrust.
2. attribute, put down to, ascribe, refer; arrogate, impute, credit with, blame on; trace, accredit to, account to, chalk up to.
3. banish, exile, expatriate, proscribe, outlaw, deport, transport; unfrock, excommunicate, disfellow, disenfranchise; oust, eject, cast out, throw out, expel; discharge, drum out, cashier, Sl. bounce, SI. dump; ostracize, exclude, shut out, bar, debar, segregate, blacklist; repudiate, disinherit, disown, cast aside; reject, discard, blackball. relegation, n. 1. consignment, assignment, delegation, deputation, commission; confiding, entrusting, intrusting.
2. attribution, ascription, reference, credit, arroga-tion, imputation, blame.
3. banishment, exile, proscription, outlawing, expatriation, deportation, transportation; expulsion, ejection, ouster, ousting; excommunication, disfellowship; ostracism, exclusion, barring, removal, separation, segration; repudiation, rejection, abandonment. relent, v. 1. bend, yield, give, unbend; give way, ground, submit, comply, resign, acquiesce, succumb; face the music, swallow the pill, take it, obey, take it lying down, put up with; not resist, not rock the boat, not make waves, keep the peace; remit, sober down, simmer down, settle down, go out like a lamb.