chops, mustache; bristle, Bot. awn, Bot., Zool. setula, vibrissae, Bot. arista; crest, tuft; fur, coat, mane, wool.
3. ungentleness, disorderliness, riotousness, noisiness, boisterousness, uproariousness, rowdyism, violence; franticness, frenzy; fierceness, ferocity, ferociousness, fury, rage, vehemence, savageness.
4. turbulence, tumultuousness, tempestuousness, storminess, inclemency, choppiness, agitation.
5. rudeness, discourteousness, impoliteness, incivility, unmannerliness; inconsideration, tactlessness, disrespectfulness, misbehavior; ungraciousness, indecorum, uncourtliness, ungentlemanliness, hoydenism; brashness, boldness, brazenness, insolence, impudence, impertinence, pertness, tartness, sauciness, freshness; gruffness, bluffness, bearishness; grouchiness, crabbedness, surliness, sulkiness, moroseness, peevishness, petulance, sourness, acerbity; abruptness, bluntness, brusqueness, curtness, shortness; harshness, austerity, sternness; raffishness, ribaldry, smuttiness, obscenity.
6. (of sounds) discordance, inharmoniousness, dissonance, cacophony; harshness, gratingness, jarringness, stridence; raucousness, gruffness, hoarseness, huskiness.
7. (of tastes) unsavoriness, tartness, astringency, sourness; pungency, bitterness, mordancy.
8. uncouthness, coarseness, crudeness, crudity, vulgarity; boorishness, churlishness, loutishness; brutishness, barbarity, savagery, grossness; ignorance, illiteracy; clumsiness, ungainliness, gaucherie.
9. rawness, crudeness; shapelessness, formlessness, amorphism, amorphousness, asymmetry; incompleteness, imperfection; vagueness, sketchiness, approximation, inexactness; cursoriness, superficiality.
round, adj. 1. circular, cycloid, disklike, discoid; ring-shaped, ringlike, ringed, hoop, hooplike, hooped, rotiform, annular; cylindrical, tubular; spherical, spheroidal, spheroid, spheric, spheral, spheroidic, ball-shaped, globelike, globe-shaped, globular, glo-bate, globose, orbed, orblike, orbicular, orbiculate, orbiculated, bulb-shaped, bulbous; balloonlike, bouffant, puffy; elliptical, oval, ovoid, ovate, egg-shaped.
2. curved, rounded, curvilinear, curvilineal, parabolic; arched, arcuate, arcuated, enarched, vaulted, bowed, bow-shaped, crescent-shaped, bent; pearshaped, pyriform, bell-shaped; curvy, Inf. curvaceous, voluptuous, well-shaped, full-figured, voluptuous, fully developed or grown, mature; plump, pleasingly plump, hippy, roly-poly, pudgy, Chiefly Brit, podgy, potbellied, chubby, chunky, stout, rotund; heavy, overweight, fat, obese, corpulent.
3. ample, generous, liberal, abundant, superabundant, bountiful, bounteous, plentiful, plenteous.
4. complete, entire, total, whole, (both of numbers) integer, integral; solid, intact, unbroken, undivided, uncut, unshortened, unabridged, unreduced, undiminished, unlessened.
5. rounded off, approximate, Inf. ball-park, rough, close; estimated, SI. guesstimated, guessed.
6. finished, polished, practiced, disciplined, well-developed; perfected, perfect, consummate, crowning, august; ideal, exemplary, model.
7. orotund, pear-shaped, rounded, resonant; sonorous, mellifluous, harmonious.
8. straightforward, straight-shooting, direct, up front; candid, frank, outspoken, blunt; plain, down to earth, simple; ingenuous, artless, guileless, naive, open, honest; aboveboard, square, fair, upright, honorable.