loony, adj. 1. Slang, lunatic, insane, crazy, crazed, SI. kooky, Scot. doiled, mad, demented; daft, Inf. daffy, crackbrained, Inf. nutty; peculiar, Inf dotty, strange, odd; All SI. barmy, dippy, batty, cuckoo, buggy, screwy, wacky, goofy; weak-minded, simple, simple-minded, birdbrained; featherheaded, feebleminded, dim-witted, half-witted.
-n. 2. Slang, lunatic, crackpot, SI. nut, SI. kook, maniac, madman, psychotic; dimwit, nitwit, half-wit, featherbrain, pinhead, simpleton,
loop, n. 1. noose, bow, circle, ring, hoop; spiral, helix, convolution, whorl, coil, curl, twirl; arc, arch, curve, bend.
-v. 2. roK furl, coil, wind; spiral, twirl, curl, curlicue, twist, kink; arc, arch, curve, bend, round, turn.
3. circle, encircle, ring, hoop, wreathe, enwreathe; surround, encompass, gird, girdle; embrace, span, belt.
loose, adj. 1. unbound, untied, unchained, unshackled, unfettered, untrammeled; unlocked, unlatched, unfastened; unclasped, unhooked, unattached, untied; unpinned, unbuttoned; unconnected, disconnected, detached, floating; insecure, infirm, unsteady.
2. inaccurate, inexact, roundabout, imprecise, unprecise, unmeticulous, unrigorous; unconscientious, unfussy, unpunctilious; nonspecific, broad, general, amorphous, vague, indefinite, indecisive; random, inchoate, disordered, chaotic, hit-or-miss, desultory.
3. lax, dissolute, licentious, libertine, lascivious, debauched, dissipated, wasted, rakish, rakehell; lecherous, lubricous, goatish; concupiscent, prurient, lustful, libidinous, salacious; indecent, dirty, foul, indelicate; wanton, wild, profligate, abandoned, unrestrained, uncurbed; promiscuous, whorish, of easy virtue, unchaste, impure; coarse, gross, crude; degenerate, corrupt, perverted; wicked, nefarious, flagitious; immoral, sinful, peccant, vice-ridden; unregenerate, unprincipled, shameless, unscrupulous; reprobate, shameful, disgraceful, worthless; notorious, infamous, scandalous, disreputable.
4. slack, hanging, drooping, droopy, bagging, baggy, sagging, saggy, flapping, Inf. floppy; limp, Dial. limpsy, flabby, flaccid; shaky, rickety; dangling, streaming.
5. free, unconfined, at liberty, at large, on the loose; freed, liberated, released, let out, let go.
6. remiss, neglectful, negligent; disorderly, sloppy, untiddy, Inf. messy; unorganized, casual, slapdash, slipshod, offhand, Inf. harum-scarum; casual, indifferent, perfunctory, devil-may-care; lackadaisical, listless; free and easy, untroubled, unconcerned, unworried, happy-go-lucky, Inf loose as a goose.
7. moderate, mellow, undemanding, lenient, tolerant, indulgent, forbearing; careless, easy, unexacting, offhand, Inf. wishy-washy.
8. unregulated, ungoverned, unrestricted, unimpeded, unhampered, laissez-faire, no-holds-barred, catch-as-catch-can; unqualified, unconditioned, unconditional, no-strings-attached.
9. uninhibited, relaxed, informal, unceremonious, unreserved, unconstrained; open, candid, frank, sincere, outspoken, free-spoken; bold, brash, audacious; indecent, improper, intemperate, immoderate, incontinent.
on the loose free, unconfined, on the run, at liberty; fled, flown, at large, scot-free; running for cover, escaping, fleeing, on the lam, escaped, runaway.
break loose escape, run off, flee, get away, make good one's escape, gain one's liberty, run for one's life, take to one's heels, Inf make tracks, Inf make a getaway; get out, Inf. bail out, SI. bust loose; SI. fly the coop, break out, break jail, escape from confinement or prison.
cast loose loosen, unloosen, unfasten, undo, unhitch, detach, disengage, unattach, set adrift, cast off, weigh anchor.