2. intelligence, knowledge, profundity, depth; sagacity, sagaciousness, wisdom; foresightedness, farsightedness, long-headedness; divination, clairvoyance; mother wit, wit, esprit; sense, common sense, good sense, judgment, prudence, brains, smartness, brightness; clearheadedness, clear-sightedness, clear vision.
3. ascertainment, determination, observance, notice; realization, awareness, eyeopener, Literature, epiphany, Fr. apergu.
insignia, n. 1. badge, decoration, Mil. bar, oak leaf cluster, U.S. Navy, star, eagle; award, token, medal, medallion, ribbon, cockade, aiguillette, aglet; crest, emblem, button, shield, chevron, shoulder strap, brassard, stripes; ensign, sign, symbol, sigil, signet, seal, stamp, brand, marker, Archaic, recognizance.
2. mark of distinction, trademark, earmark, tab, identification, label; indication, signal; trait, characteristic, distinction, diagnostic.
insignificance, n. 1. unimportance, inconsequence, inconsequentiality, immateriality, irrelevance; paltriness, pettiness, meanness, smallness; triviality, worthlessness, emptiness, nothingness, nullity; matter of indifference, trifling matter, no great matter, mere nothing; nothing worth mentioning, nothing worth speaking of, nothing to speak of, nothing to boast of, nothing to write home about, Inf. no great shakes, nothing particular.
2. cipher, nonentity, Inf picayune, Inf. small potatoes, small fry, Chiefly Brit. SI. small beer, insignificancy; flash in the pan, nine days' wonder; trumpery, trifle, bagatelle, froth, feather, farthing; drop in the bucket.
insignificant, adj. 1. unimportant, of minor importance, of little or no import, negligible, nugatory, inconsiderable, inconsequential, of no consequence; inapplicable, irrelevant, immaterial, unessential; un-portentous, unmomentous, of no matter or concern, of little or no account, of no moment, of no great weight; Inf no great shakes, not worth mentioning, not worth speaking of, not worth thinking or worrying about, not worth a rap or a straw; trivial, trifling, paltry, petty, niggling; small, minor, puny, dinky, piddling, Inf picayune, insubstantial, unsubstantial; trite, SI. mickey-mouse.
2. (of persons) uninfluential, Si small potatoes, small,fry; second-rate, third-rate, inferior, Inf. smalltime, Si two-bit, Inf. penny ante; nondescript, nonen-titive.
3. contemptible, despicable, vile, abject, base, low, mean, scurvy, sorry.
insincere, adj. disingenuous, uncandid, unfrank, mealy-mouthed; artificial, plastic, Inf. phony; dissembling, dissimulating, hypocritical, crocodilian; deceitful, dishonest, underhanded, crooked, tricky, double-tongued; faithless, disloyal, perfidious, treacherous; false, untrue, false-hearted, double-dealing, twofaced, mendacious, lying, untruthful; artful, insidious, guileful, scheming, plotting, calculating, contriving, designing; cunning, crafty, Machiavellian, sly, wily, foxy; evasive, shifty, slippery, smooth, slick.
insincerity, n. 1. disingenuousness, uncandidness, unfrankness, mealy-mouthedness; artificiality, Inf. phoniness, dissembling, dissimulation, cant, lip service, mouth honor, Inf. hokum, flattery, smooth talk; deceitfulness, dishonesty, underhandedness, crookedness, trickiness; faithlessness, bad faith, betrayal, Judas kiss, disloyalty, perfidy, treachery, foul play; falseness, false-heartedness, double-dealing, duplicity, hy-procrisy, mendacity, lying, untruthfulness, hollowness, emptiness; artfulness, insidiousness, guilefulness, cunning, craftiness, slyness, wiliness, foxiness; shiftiness, slipperiness, smoothness, slickness.
My Account / Test History
I put my watch with the radio news.
I set my watch by the radio news.