a. lead role, starring role, title role, principal part, fat part.
b. star, headliner, featured player or attraction, feature or headline attraction, drawing card; hero, heroine, protagonist, principal, principal character; male lead, male star, leading man, lead actor, jeune premier; female lead, female star, leading lady or woman, lead actress, premiere, jeune premiere; diva, prima donna, prima ballerina, premiere danseuse.
-adj. 15. main, principal, cardinal, prime, primary, uppermost, most important; supreme, head, first, foremost, headmost, chief, premier, paramount, Inf boss; ruling, reigning, commanding, controlling, directing, governing, leading.
lead2, n. 1. graphite, black lead, plumbago, Chem. plumbum; white lead ore, Mineral, cerussite.
2. weight, sinker, bob, plumb, plummet, plumb bob, plumb line, sounding line, sounding rod, sounding head, sounding, bottle, fathomer.
3. shot, ammunition, Inf ammo.
leaden, adj. 1. heavy, hefty, weighty, bulky, substantial, dense, ample; ponderous, unwieldy, cumbrous, cumbersome, awkward, unmanageable.
2. stodgy, stiff, stuffy, wooden, stilted, labored, turgid; lumbering, plodding, elephantine; dull, boring, uninteresting, tedious, dry, dry-as-dust, SI. dead; tasteless, bland, insipid, jejune, flat, vapid, SI. for the birds, SI. blah, SI. nothing, SI. ho-hum; uneventful, humdrum, monotonous, run-of-the-mill, prosaic.
3. gray, grayish, gray-colored; flat, mat, lusterless, lackluster, dingy, muddy; pale, ashen, anemic, bloodless.
4. gloomy, oppressive, dreary, dismal, bleak, Literary, drear, Scot. and North Eng. dowie; cloudy, overcast, hazy, foggy; lowering, dark, darkened.
5. inanimate, lifeless, spiritless; inert, inactive, stagnant, static, dormant; sluggish, listless, lethargic, torpid, languid, languorous, phlegmatic, hebetudinous, lentitudinous; groggy, SI. dopey.