2. dignity, royalty, augustness, loftiness, eminence, glory, honor, illustriousness; nobility, aristocracy, majesty, regality, noble bearing; honorableness, irreproachableness, high-mindedness, character; fidelity, devotion, steadfastness, staunchness. kink, n. 1. twist, curl, twirl, screw, corkscrew, coil, curlicue, whorl, spiral, helix, volute; crimp, crisp, crinkle, warp, zigzag.
2. crick, hitch, pinch, tweak, stab, stitch, stitch in the side, Inf. charley horse; stiffness, tightness, soreness; seizure, spasm, twinge.
3. flaw, imperfection, fault, defect, deformity, deformation; crookedness, asymmetry, lopsidedness; distortion, deviation, warp.
4. whim, caprice, whimsy, vagary; notion, fancy, crazy idea, Inf. fool notion; crotchet, conceit, quirk, Archaic, maggot, bee in one's bonnet.
-v. 5. curl, coil, twist, bend, distort, contort, screw, wring, twine; warp, crumple, crisp, friz, frizzle, crinkle, crimp, put a crimp in; knot, knarl, whirl. kinky, adj. 1. twisted, curled, coiled, crimped, kinked, crinkled, warped; twisty, curly, frizzly, frizzy, frizzed, crispy, crisp, crisped; wavy, wiry, coiling, tangled, knotted, tortured, sigmoid.
2. whimsical, capricious, fanciful, fantastic; eccentric, erratic, idiocratic, idiosyncratic, crotchety; different, odd, peculiar, strange, bizarre, outlandish, freakish; quirky, dotty, skittish, fitful, queer, Inf. queer in the head, Si. screwy, Si. screwball, Si. nutty, Sl. wacky, Sl. flaky, Sl. oddball.
3. unconventional, unorthodox, out of the way, way-out, far-out, Inf. offbeat; irregular, out of step, out of place, out of line, out of keeping, not done, not kosher, Brit. Inf. not cricket; inconsistent, chimerical, unsteady, wanton, vagrant, errant; vacillating, unreliable, fluctuating.
4. perverted, Sl. preverted, warped, unnatural, abnormal, deviative, deviant; depraved, degenerate, degenerated; licentious, lascivious, lewd, suggestive; sadistic, masochistic, Sl. s-m; homosexual, homoerotic, homophile, Inf. gay, Inf. bent; lesbian, sapphic, tribadistic; bisexual, bisexed, Sl. switch-hitting, Inf. AC-DC, amphierotic; heteroclite, heteromorphic; hermaphroditic; epicene, androgynous, transsexual. kinship, n. 1. relationship, kin, relation, consanguinity, filiation, apparentation; blood, blood ties, family ties, flesh and blood; common ancestry, ancestry, descent, lineage, patrilineage, matrilineage, parentage; cognation, agnation, enation; propinquity, nearness, closeness; extraction, stock, breed, strain, kind, stirps, line, sept.
2. affinity, bearing, association; correspondence, agreement, concordance, accordance; parallelism, equivalence, symmetry, congeniality, harmony. kinsman, n. relative, kinswoman, relation, consan-guinean; clansman, tribesman, fellow countryman, compatriot; next of kin, kissing kin, kissing cousin; cognate, enate, agnate, affine; father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter; uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, cousin; grandfather, grandmother, grandson, granddaughter; stepfather, stepmother, stepbrother, stepsister; great-uncle, granduncle, great-aunt, grand-aunt. kiosk, n. 1. (in Turkey and Iran) summerhouse, gardenhouse, pavilion, gazebo, pergola, trellis, lattice.
2. arbor, bower, retreat, refuge, shelter, haven, hermitage.
More Synonyms ...