confusion, muddle, befuddlement, bewilderment.
haze2, v. ridicule, mock, tease, tantalize, taunt, badger; twit, jest, rally, banter, chaff, rag; make a fool of, victimize, bait, SI. razz, make a monkey out of, make a goat of, send on a fool's errand; harass, harry, hector, bully.
hazel, adj. nutbrown, acorn, reddish brown, umber; cinnamon, beige, khaki, buff, fawn; tawny, fuscous, foxy, tan, russet.
hazy, adj. 1. cloudy, foggy, misty, steamy, smog-gy, overcast, overclouded; nebulous, nubilous, shadowy, opaque.
2. vague, indefinite, obscure, ill-defined, dim, indistinct; unrecognizable, blurry, bleary, filmy, fuzzy, indistinguishable; clouded, shrouded, veiled, in a fog, Inf. muzzy; confused, bewildered, muddled, befuddled, mixed-up, addled,
head, n. 1. skull, cranium, cephalon, brainpan, poll, pate, Inf. sconce, Archaic, mazard, Archaic. costard; All Inf. upstairs, upper story, belfry, noggin, dome; All SI. bean, nut, nob, noodle, noddle, crumpet, gourd, conk.
2. intellect, mind, intelligence, wit, wisdom, genius; grain, sensorium, sensory, Inf. gray matter, Latin, mens, nous, Fr. esprit; understanding, wits, sense, reason, rationality, sensibility.
3. authority, command, reins, control, charge, lead; throne, place of honor, first place, top, helm, wheel; primacy, dominion, priority, precedence; captaincy, headship, directorship, leadership.
4. leader, chief, commander, chieftain, senior, captain; director, manager, superintendent, controller, supervisor, Inf. boss, administrator; master, principal, headmaster, dean, provost; chairman, governor, president, premier, prime minister.
5. top, summit, tip, peak, vertex, crest; pitch, acme, apex, crown, pinnacle, zenith, apogee; upper part, cap, brow, Latin, caput; nib, end, extremity, spike, cusp, point.
6. front, fore, forepart, forefront, forecourt, face, proscenium; vanguard, van, front line, avant-garde, point.
7. climax, culmination, issue, pitch, consummation, crescendo; crisis, critical point, cap, turning point, failsafe, juncture, crossroads.
8. froth, foam, suds, lather, puff, collar.
9. promontory, headland, foreland; cape, hook, spur, point, bill, tongue, Scot. mull; reef, spit, breakwater, jetty, jutty.
10. origin, provenience, rise, source, fount, font, fountainhead; well, wellspring, spring, wellhead, headwater; mainspring, springhead, riverhead.
11. Nautical, bow, prow, nose, jib, bowsprit, fore, stem, figurehead.
12. Nautical, toilet, lavatory, rest room, water closet, SI. john, SI. can, latrine, commode.
13. bracket, cadre, section, division, category, class, designation, heading; chapter, rubric, title, caption, headline; topic, subject, theme, text, motif, point, issue.
come to a head culminate, climax, crown, consummate, ripen; crest, overtop, surmount, go over the top.
head over heels a. intensely, passionately, ardently, perfervidly, vehemently, earnestly; completely, thoroughly, fully,
b. impulsively, impetuously, rashly, wildly, quixotically; carelessly, heedlessly, recklessly.
heads up Informal, watch out, watch it, fore, look out, be careful; duck, look out below, gardyloo.