passionate, adj. 1. impassioned, impassionate, ardent, vehement, zealous; overzealous, overeager, overanxious, Inf. gung-ho; fervent, fervid, perfervid; earnest, eager, animated, enthusiastic, enthused, Inf. psyched or psyched up; excited, sparkling, glowing, lively, alive, full of life, vivacious, Inf. bright-eyed and bushy-tailed; enlivened, inspired, inspirited, invigorated, energized, energetic, vivified, vitalized; vigorous, forceful, dynamic, high-powered.
2. heated, white-hot, inflamed, flaming, flared up, flaring; irate, wrathful, wroth, incensed, very angry; enraged, raging, fuming, infuriated, infuriate, furious; overwrought, distraught, upset, feverish, hysterical, not rational; violent, unrestrained, uncontrollable; ranting, raving, foaming at the mouth, rabid, fanatical, frenzied; frantic, crazed, Pathol, delirious, mad, Inf. wild.
3. intense, acute, strong, fierce, severe; grievous, distressing, poignant, harrowing, afflictive; grave, critical, serious; profound, deep, intensified, consuming.
4. sexually stimulated, aroused, burning, blazing, Inf. hot, Inf. turned on; inflamed, infatuated, lusting after, SI. hot for, SI. letching after, mad about, Inf. wild about; desirous, intense, amorous, sensual, sexual, erotic.
5. testy, choleric, touchy, huffy, peppery; irritable, cross, snappish, petulant, peevish; splenetic, spleenful, bilious, cranky; irascible, quick-tempered, short-tempered, Inf. short-fused; quarrelsome, contentious, belligerent, pugnacious, bellicose; volatile, volcanic, explosive, hot-tempered, hot-headed; fiery, inflammable, kindled, enkindled; excitable, temperamental, emotional, emotive, high-strung; head-strong, stubborn, impatient, impetuous, impulsive, hasty; agitated, nervous, tense, fretful; unquiet, disturbed, shaken, perturbed, worked up; stirred up, stormy, tempestuous, turbulent, tumultuous. passionless, adj. 1. cold, unemotional, frigid, frozen, icy, cold-hearted; emotionless, emotionally dead or numb, unresponsive, unaffectionate, unloving, immovable, untouchable; undesirous, desireless, inappe-tent, unenthusiastic, uneager, bored, uninterested; half-hearted, perfunctory, lukewarm, Inf. turned off; inaccessible, unapproachable, aloof, distant, remote, withdrawn, cool, chilly, frosty; indifferent, unconcerned, uncaring, oblivious, unimpressed, unmoved, apathetic.
2. cold-blooded, hard, callous, calloused, insensitive, thickskinned, hardhearted, hardened, impervious, steeled against, steely, stony, Inf. hard as nails; unfeeling, insensible, unconscious, blind to, deaf to; soulless, heartless, cold as charity; unsympathetic, untouched, unstirred, unmoved, indurate, inured; unruffled, unperturbed.
3. uninviting, forbidding, inhospitable, standoffish; uninteresting, uncompelling, uninspiring, unimaginative; lifeless, dull, vapid, vacuous, vacant, blank, fatuous, inane, jejune; insipid, prosaic, flat, listless, spiritless, zestless, drab, lackluster; tame, mediocre, bloodless; humdrum, commonplace, matter-of-fact, tedious, tiresome, wearisome, uninspired, boring.
4. supine, lethargic, phlegmatic, sluggish, torpid, languid; dispassionate, impassive, stolid, bovine, hopeless, numb, benumbed, stupefied, Inf. dull as dishwater, SI. blah; sophisticated, jaded, blasú, insouciant, nonchalant, unanxious, pococurante, lackadaisical.